Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 06:48 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times

Advertisements

Gee, no American Flag lapel pin.
Is he sending a message?
Does he secretly hate this country?

Aw, maybe he's just disheartened, and knows he is going down the drain.
Poor ol' guy.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:54 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,969,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Is he sending a message?

Aw, maybe he's just disheartened, and knows he is going down the drain.
Poor ol' guy.
He's professed his love for Henry "soldiers are dumb animals" Kissinger last night.

You be the judge.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:15 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,743,954 times
I know he says he loves the country, but I don’t’ think he loves it’s citizens.
How can you say you are working for the people when you support; Free trade that sends jobs overseas. Amnesty that gives citizenship to illegals that took jobs American and drove down wages.
The only way you can is if you think the economy is “fundamentally strong” with these policies.

I know that the current financial mess is blamed on sub prime mortgages, but how many of these mortgages failed because the borrower lost his job to outsourcing and illegals driving down wages?

I know a bunch of people that are now earning half of what they were earning due to job cuts that sent their jobs overseas.
Now with the mortgage mess many more jobs will just go away. In a house of cards you remove the ones in the middle and all the cards fall down. That’s what is happening with “free trade” the ones in the middle are pushed out and the ones at the top will certainly fall down.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:22 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Is he sending a message?

Are you SURE those comments aren't copyrighted and licensed for use only by those fear-mongerers in their diatribes about Obama not wearing a pin because he was born into an Islamic terrorist family?

Old 09-27-2008, 07:23 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,245,452 times
Quote:
Is he sending a message?
He's a communist. The North Vietnamese turned him during his POW days. If he is elected President, whatever you do, keep this Hanoi Candidate away from card games . . .

Old 09-27-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Are you SURE those comments aren't copyrighted and licensed for use only by those fear-mongerers in their diatribes about Obama not wearing a pin because he was born into an Islamic terrorist family?
Good joke.
I appreciate a dry sense of humor.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:41 AM

171 posts, read 261,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
"soldiers are dumb animals"
.. perfect ..
.. that`s the true ..

Old 09-27-2008, 07:50 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,802,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
.. perfect ..
.. that`s the true ..
Good thing I'm an Airman then, otherwise I'd be offended by that. Disgusting...

Old 09-27-2008, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
.. perfect ..
.. that`s the true ..
Actually, boot camp is to psychologically break a person so that he is ready for the brainwashing that follows and he will be able to unquestioningly follow orders to kill people.

Armed forces, in their members, except for some at the very top, negate the individualism and critical thinking and the creativity that Americans tend to pride themselves in.

No wonder they come home crushed and with all sorts of psychological problems.

Spouses say 'I sent my husband/wife to war and they returned a stranger to me'.

So many Vietnam Vets are living under bridges.

Yeah. Soldiers are turned into something ugly that is robotic and not a good citizen when they return to us.

They are supposed to be mindless. THat's the whole point, isn't it?

War is disgusting.
It turns us into animals.
With only an instinct to snap to and follow orders.
It dehumanizes us.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:41 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,339,892 times
Quote:
Actually, boot camp is to psychologically break a person so that he is ready for the brainwashing that follows and he will be able to unquestioningly follow orders to kill people.

Armed forces, in their members, except for some at the very top, negate the individualism and critical thinking and the creativity that Americans tend to pride themselves in.

No wonder they come home crushed and with all sorts of psychological problems.

Spouses say 'I sent my husband/wife to war and they returned a stranger to me'.

So many Vietnam Vets are living under bridges.

Yeah. Soldiers are turned into something ugly that is robotic and not a good citizen when they return to us.

They are supposed to be mindless. THat's the whole point, isn't it?

War is disgusting.
It turns us into animals.
With only an instinct to snap to and follow orders.
It dehumanizes us.
-------------
"unquestioningly follow orders to kill people"

Please stop watching movies . Do yourself a favor .
Have you ever been to Boot camp? I am going to answer "NO" on your behalf .

You do not leave Boot camp a robot nor become a robot while in boot camp . Boot camp teaches you how to work together- builds confidence and teaches you basics about weapons,equipment you use.

Yes you learn to follow orders but certainly DO NOT follow them blindly. You put up with BS while there but it still doesn't make anyone a robot.

If you had gone to Boot Camp you would know this but being the full of it "I am better than you" limo lib that you are I don't expect you to understand much of anything.

Last edited by Luiso; 09-27-2008 at 08:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections