U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 01:28 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,239,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
"As the spin of Friday night's debate settled in and both sides staked a claim to victory, one media narrative began to take hold: while Obama may have been over-complimentary of McCain, the GOP nominee was grumpy, mean, and downright contemptuous of Obama, much to his detriment.

A clip circulated by Democrats showed the McCain demonstrating all of those traits: smirking when Obama gave his answers, eyes blinking, unwilling to even look at his opponent."

The Smirk: Could McCain's Facial Gestures Define Debate?

YouTube - McCain Won't Look At Obama
Why look at an inferior impostor? I wouldn't give obama the time of day or **** on him if he were on fire. He's out of his league, he really should try in a country he really loves and is proud of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 01:33 PM

21,360 posts, read 14,264,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I thought that was one of the things to come out of this debate: John McCain is weird. What was with all the smirking and awkward smiles? He's got some strange interpersonal quirks. Everyone knows he can blow his top pretty easily. And apparently when he tries to hold that in, he turns weird.

He's the same as Bush, inappropriate smiles and grinning.

Elect that man as President and we are guaranteed 4 more years of embarrassment, and the world would be laughing if they were not so damn worried

Old 09-27-2008, 01:36 PM

16,569 posts, read 28,652,634 times
Obama looked like a student suffering from ADD, and McCain like a teacher telling him: "look, little boy, let me show you how this is done." That's all. Obama was impatient, stuttered, mumbled ("ah...ah...oh") all the time. No matter how much Obama inflated his talk, McCain deflated it with his response.

The lighting didn't favor Obama, since it reflected a very slight orange color on his face. Do you remember one of the debates between Bush and Kerry? In that debate, Kerry's tan made him look king of strange.

I am saying this from an independent-voter view of the event.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:37 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,536,999 times
Obama said Orgy, bad taste in my mouth, swallow. And you people are worrying about McCains smilling? By the way, the smile is an old military grimace. It shows grit, determination and backbone. Something you liberals are incapable of comprehending.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:39 PM

55,480 posts, read 74,374,114 times
if you have got lipstick on your collar to the tune of 10 trillion (GOP/DOD boys night out) i would try smirking and smiling too.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:44 PM

39,232 posts, read 18,771,218 times
Default McCain says he didnt love America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Why look at an inferior impostor? I wouldn't give obama the time of day or **** on him if he were on fire. He's out of his league, he really should try in a country he really loves and is proud of.
McCain is the one who has said that he didnt begin to love America until he was in his thirties......he has said it over and over again....he didnt love America or miss her until he was a prisoner..Thats the truth "my friends".

Old 09-27-2008, 01:46 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,536,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
McCain is the one who has said that he didnt begin to love America until he was in his thirties......he has said it over and over again....he didnt love America or miss her until he was a prisoner..Thats the truth "my friends".
You're taking what he said out of context.......again. He said he was young fancy foot free with not a care in the world until he was a POW and at that time, he fell in love with American and realized how much he loved her. You are trying to imply he did not love American and hated it prior to this. Pure nonesense.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:50 PM

21,360 posts, read 14,264,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Obama said Orgy, bad taste in my mouth, swallow. And you people are worrying about McCains smilling? By the way, the smile is an old military grimace. It shows grit, determination and backbone. Something you liberals are incapable of comprehending.
something you wingnuts are incapable of understanding is reality, like Bush the cowboy (skeered of horses, though) y'all like to go from the "gut", dont need that thar thinking, we just go from the 'gut', like cowboy Dubya does.

And hows that working out for us?

Old 09-27-2008, 01:54 PM

15,400 posts, read 25,776,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natchezbreed View Post
lame catchy phrases : "I wasn't voted miss congeniality", I'm a Maverick (yea right buddy), and "Obama does not understand".
LOL, don't forget to add the condescending tone. Like this: "Obama does not understa-a-a-and".

Old 09-27-2008, 01:58 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,239,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Yet he risked and almost gave his life, nawwww he couldn't have loved this country. Being a POW brought it to another level, one you couldn't possibly understand.
obama on the other hand hung out with known terrorist and enjoyed nose candy. Do you REALLY think they would let this boy finish out his term?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or