U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 01:39 PM

8,204 posts, read 32,158,255 times

Advertisements

McCain was unsportsmanlike in the debate, and don't think for a minute that doesn't matter.

There are plenty of undecided voters - many of them women - for whom character counts. Right or wrong, McCain's condescending behavior, smirking, refusal to look Obama in the eye when spoken to, and his obvious reluctance to shake hands at the beginning and end of the debate does not go unnoticed.

I really thought McCain was smarter than that and would have matched Obama's cool professionalism, but I guess McCain can't summon it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 01:40 PM

8,648 posts, read 15,256,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
Maybe you have been drinking too much or smoking what McCain was smoking. McCain's behavior, including, not looking at Obama, was far more rude.
Don't drink....and only smoke cigars...you need to learn what rudeness is, you don't seem to understand...They teach you not to speak out of turn in grade school...Guess your Obama didn't pay attention...

Old 09-28-2008, 01:42 PM

12,984 posts, read 15,319,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Maybe he didn't want to bust out laughing at his elephant ears.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:51 PM

8,204 posts, read 32,158,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Don't drink....and only smoke cigars...you need to learn what rudeness is, you don't seem to understand...They teach you not to speak out of turn in grade school...Guess your Obama didn't pay attention...
The moderator asked them to engage; asked them to speak to each other and look at each other. Numerous times Jim Leherer asked McCain to look at Obama and address him personally and McCain refused. He did not do what Jim Leherer asked.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
The moderator asked them to engage; asked them to speak to each other and look at each other. Numerous times Jim Leherer asked McCain to look at Obama and address him personally and McCain refused. He did not do what Jim Leherer asked.
McCain also asked Obama several times about his $900,000,000 in earmarks and Obama seemed to not want to give a straight answer, why didn't the moderator instruct Obama to answer...it works two ways...Couldn't be that Jim Leherer is liberal is it?

McCain addressed Obama several times...

Old 09-28-2008, 02:04 PM

13 posts, read 17,588 times
Default Inferior imposter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Why look at an inferior impostor? I wouldn't give obama the time of day or **** on him if he were on fire. He's out of his league, he really should try in a country he really loves and is proud of.
Here we go again. The racist remarks that many of you have made about Barack shows how patriotic you are. If this is what America will continue to strive on, I don't want any part of it. Remember Barack graduated from Harvard not too many minorites ( the inferior races) can say that about about the (superior race). The only superior being is God. In my field of work I have the pleasure of doing my job with utmost respect to man kind. However, when the generation of people who contributed in the hatred of others pass on, they will have to answer to their Superior. Who ever that might be. It could not be God, because he don't spue hatred. It sad to admit how race is playing a major role in this coming election, by educated people. I wonder where many of you have recieved your education because it shows you have not anything about diversity. Thank God I was raised by good people and experience culture of many races in NY.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley candie View Post
Here we go again. The racist remarks that many of you have made about Barack shows how patriotic you are. If this is what America will continue to strive on, I don't want any part of it. Remember Barack graduated from Harvard not too many minorites ( the inferior races) can say that about about the (superior race). The only superior being is God. In my field of work I have the pleasure of doing my job with utmost respect to man kind. However, when the generation of people who contributed in the hatred of others pass on, they will have to answer to their Superior. Who ever that might be. It could not be God, because he don't spue hatred. It sad to admit how race is playing a major role in this coming election, by educated people. I wonder where many of you have recieved your education because it shows you have not anything about diversity. Thank God I was raised by good people and experience culture of many races in NY.
Point out the racist remart to me in what you were quoting, please..

Old 09-28-2008, 02:22 PM

13 posts, read 17,588 times
Default true that

I totally agree with you. Other countries are already laughing at our poor race relations what else do we need? I guess another 4 years of Bush poor governing. It is so sad. They obviously think that the American people are not listening carefully. I am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
He's the same as Bush, inappropriate smiles and grinning.

Elect that man as President and we are guaranteed 4 more years of embarrassment, and the world would be laughing if they were not so damn worried

Old 09-28-2008, 02:27 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,239,658 times
Quote:
I totally agree with you. Other countries are already laughing at our poor race relations what else do we need? I guess another 4 years of Bush poor governing. It is so sad. They obviously think that the American people are not listening carefully. I am.

Really, you have a source of such "laughter"? Those EVIL slave traders should have never "souled" their bros IMHO.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:28 PM

1,491 posts, read 2,025,234 times
Quote:
My husband is European...almost every day he points out to me that in just about every other country a person's gender or ethnicity would not be the major factor whether or not to vote for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or