U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 10:28 AM

4,046 posts, read 5,324,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
He only did it when McCain was rambling on with some form of truthiness. Lies need to be cut off before people start to believe them. John Kerry never realized that. Obama does.
That's one thing I got out of the debate--I know now (if I'd doubted it) that I much prefer Obama to Kerry. There was nothing impressive about Kerry!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 10:30 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,760,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
Guarantee it's higher than McCain's
Remember the wiki answer was posted by a reader of what objectivity. Note it says the range is 3.3-2.0 and the exact is not known. It is reasonable since he was accepted that it was very close to the 3.3. Now that was after two years, It makes no mention of what it was after 4 years when the first and last two years were combined and thus is of little worth. It did get him into Harvard and since the poster is so skilled I am sure he has his GPA from Harvard Law School available.

Per the Wall Street Journal September 11, 2008, "Obama's Lost Years," Obama graduated from Columbia University (to which he transferred after his first two years at Occidental College in California), with a degree in Political Science without honors, so had a GPA less than a 3.3, and perhaps far, far lower, perhaps even in the 2.0, C range. His roomate Sohale Siddiqi indicated Obama itially felt alienated, felt "very lost," and used drugs to get high, which could have led to very low grades initially. The roomate indicates that he then turned serious and "stopped getting high." Obama transferred to Columbia because "I was concerned with urban issues and I wanted to be around more black folks in big cities." Based on his less-than 3.3 GPA, it seems likely his admission to Harvard Law School was based not on his own merit, but rather on Affirmative Action. Obama through September 11, 2008 has continued to refuse to release his Columbia transcript with the exact course details and GPA.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:49 AM

16 posts, read 17,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natchezbreed View Post
What bother me as I stated on another thread was his same ole tired, and lame catchy phrases : "I wasn't voted miss congeniality", I'm a Maverick (yea right buddy), and "Obama does not understand".

I hopes he finds something new for the next debate. Hopefully his advisers can advise him on that.

I completely agree with you. It just seemed like he was recycling the same old tired lines. I also didn't really like that he never seemed to make eye contract with Barack Obama either. Also, I did feel like he was trying to be a bit of a bully during the debate. Sometimes the moderator was prepared to move on to a new topic, but John McCain simply would not let him until he was through saying what he had to say.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 851 times
Angry worst smirk i've ever seen is on Robin williams.

Robin Williams made fun of G.W. Bush's smirk, which is admittedly very annoying BUT Williams has the most revolting smirk I've ever seen. His whole face is a smirk.How can he ridicule ANYONE'S smirk?

Old 01-22-2010, 07:43 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,675,284 times
A smile only bothers you on a republican if your a democrat.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:34 AM

19,430 posts, read 17,674,661 times
A smile only bothers you on a democrat if you are a republican.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:02 AM

71,683 posts, read 83,258,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippingJay View Post
LOL. As superficial as this sounds, John McCain really needs to invest in some Crest Whitestrips or another whitening process from his dentist. I'm sorry but the yellow aged teeth are very distracting and not attractive. Plus, I'm sure McCain can borrow some dollars from Cindy for this.
Now that has to be about as low as one can get. I do hope you think you are funny, I am sure most do not...Yes, it is very superficial and very tacky to say the least..and I am being nice..

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or