U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-27-2008, 08:34 AM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,524,510 times
Reputation: 5930

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Thanks for the chuckle, and reminding me that I need to get some new pants this weekend. I've lost weight lately.
Your pants must be getting "looser"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-27-2008, 08:36 AM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,524,510 times
Reputation: 5930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mappy View Post
I didn't really see Obama cutting off McCain unless he was rambling on with more crap. McCain was constantly talking over Obama, cutting him off, and rambling on past his 2 minutes. That smirk, too. Someone needs to slap it off McCain's mishapen face.
Slap him!??? OH NO and ruin that $5,000.00 make up job!!?????

NEVER!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 08:38 AM
 
1,551 posts, read 1,786,701 times
Reputation: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
The truth is, Obama DOESN'T understand. He's not ready.
Nope, it was just more of McCain STEALING Obama's points. First McCain tried to hijack the "change" thing from Obama, THEN he tried to hijack an incarnation of Obama's "John McCain doesn't get it..." thing.
Isn't McCain smart enough to get his own material?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 08:42 AM
 
Location: GIlbert, AZ
3,022 posts, read 4,512,452 times
Reputation: 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Great post. I agree. There is so much room for Obama to really go after McCain. Having read some of Obama's books, I think he is afraid of coming off as the "angry black man." He really feels a duty to stay more "civilized" than the other guy. Unfortunately he comes off as cool and aloof when he does that.

He wants to be Martin Luther King, not Malcomb X - at least in the eyes of the white voters he'll need to win this thing.
I expected more one line zingers....also, I think obama should look directly into the camera....Like he is speaking to you and me and not the moderator.

I want him to stop the civilized posture and be Rocky balboa out there. Hey we are in the fight of our nations lives right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 08:43 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
13 posts, read 17,592 times
Reputation: 12
You are funny. I enjoyed that. I think I will get me a cup of coffee. sorry someone made you spit out your good cup of coffee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Montgomery County, MD
293 posts, read 505,524 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley candie View Post
This coming election is very important to many Americans. I wish McCan't will stick to the real issues Americans are facing. For those people who has not been affected by the down falling in the economy(recession), lack of medical coverage, loss of employment and the high cost of gas, then you are one of lucky ones. However, my family and I are suffering from this greedy, selfish and thoughtless administration. I could not go to work yesterday because I could not find any gas. It is frustrating. If I am suppose to choose a president because he was a POW and have years of experience that won't be my reason. I need someone who isn't scared to walk the beat and hear the real stories of the struggling Americans. Yes Americans!!! We are too divided and it is obvious how race is more prevalent in this campaign. It is sad that the children of today has to see how racism still exist in this country. Those are some of the issues the Republicans don't want to talk about but look at the body of people who are supporting McCain. Not too many minorities hah. Regardless, to what you will think after reading this that I am not American. You are wrong I love the fact I am American but ashamed of the issues we have going on in this country. If you disagree look around your work place caferteria, military, t.v, etc. too many cliches, and groups of the same races sitting huddled together as if "other people" are not allowed in. Keep it real!
...I thought that Obama did the better job of staying on track with the issues. I thought that his plan at the start of the debate was great. He was talking to Mr. Middle Class. I just did not get that vibe with McCain. McCain did not seem to have a reply when Obama pointed out the differences between middle class tax cuts (Obama) and upper bracket tax cuts (MCain).

To me the ecomony is the number 1 issue going into this election. As a married small business owner who wants to have children in the next few years...it is ALL about the ecomony...and McCain's plan does not do enough. For people who say that the economy is inportant to them I just do not see how MCain's plan is better....unless they are in those top income brackets...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 08:48 AM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,524,510 times
Reputation: 5930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
I expected more one line zingers....also, I think obama should look directly into the camera....Like he is speaking to you and me and not the moderator.

I want him to stop the civilized posture and be Rocky balboa out there. Hey we are in the fight of our nations lives right now.

The moderator asked that the candidates address each other. Leher was trying to get them to discuss issues with each other.

Obama did a fine job of looking at McCain(McCain never looked at Obama, I guess he doesn't understand directions or requests).

Obama had a good balance of going from Lehrer, to McCain, to speaking directly to the cameras.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 09:05 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
13 posts, read 17,592 times
Reputation: 12
I see the McCan't supporters look for the quotes of Obama to build on because he lack a thought process of his own. But, he is Maverick. Ha, ha, he need to jump on his high horse and ride off ..... to Alaska and saddle up with that chick and her dude. I will be afraid to see them in the office. I hope he remembers not to ride while on his medication because they tend to have sedating side effects. Saddle up!! McCain supporters you may have to call 911.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Well they are right about one thing, he is a looser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 09:08 AM
 
25,740 posts, read 25,276,207 times
Reputation: 24328
Did McCain's Smiling and Smirking Bother you too?

I'm pretty sure it was gas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 09:23 AM
 
Location: Bethesda, MD
658 posts, read 1,619,539 times
Reputation: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Did McCain's Smiling and Smirking Bother you too?

I'm pretty sure it was gas.
LOL. As superficial as this sounds, John McCain really needs to invest in some Crest Whitestrips or another whitening process from his dentist. I'm sorry but the yellow aged teeth are very distracting and not attractive. Plus, I'm sure McCain can borrow some dollars from Cindy for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top