Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 08:18 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley candie View Post
Yes McCain facial expressions stressed me dearly. I don't know what his problem is but he has difficulty staying on point. It may have a lot to do with his med's. I know one thing he can't fool me. I have never saw someone like this man who want to benefit twice for serving his country. I know in the real world you only get paid once for doing a job. Reagan has placed him in Congress. Enough is enough already. I thank him and the many soldiers who have served this country and have not been handed a silver platter for doing so.
Thank you for brining up the point about medication. We need to know what medication McCain is on....ever notice how many side affects meds have???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 08:18 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
On the contrary, it seemed to me that McCain was the polite one, letting Obama finish his point, and Obama kept interrupting when it was McCain's turn to speak.
Hey, listen, since the Swift boating, I feel we have a pass to stop any garbage running out of any GOPs mouth. You have to fix the damn when it springs a small leak, before it destroys the villiage. I like the way he interruped. Showed he wanted it more.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:19 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,078 times
Not as much as him constantly saying "my friends." That drives me batty!

Old 09-27-2008, 08:20 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
NO FLAG PIN! YUP, I noticed his total lack of patriotism 3 seconds into the debate.

His childish smirking was irritating but telling.....and so was his repitition of "Obama doesn't understand"....that's not a great debate point.

It's like a guy in a bar telling some chick his "wife doesn't understand me" when his wife probably understands him all too well.
The truth is, Obama DOESN'T understand. He's not ready.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:21 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Thank you for brining up the point about medication. We need to know what medication McCain is on....ever notice how many side affects meds have???
affect/effect. It's side EFFECTS not side "affects." And you are grasping at straws. That wart on Obama's nose bothers me a lot, but I didn't come here to criticize him because he has a wart on his nose.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:22 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Well they are right about one thing, he is a looser.
Thanks for the chuckle, and reminding me that I need to get some new pants this weekend. I've lost weight lately.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:26 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,761 times
Obama didnt do as well as I hoped, but McCains body impressions made up for it. Obama needs more passion. To bad there isnt a half time like in sports where they can go into the locker room and make adjustments.

PS: I wonder if McCain was bummed that when he pulled out the Braclett card, told his sad story (and it was sad I admit) when afterwards Obama had his own Bracelet story. That was a good counter. I think obama needs to work on that delivery a little better, maybe with a little more emotion, but still it really took that point to a draw.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:28 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,556,038 times
I didn't really see Obama cutting off McCain unless he was rambling on with more crap. McCain was constantly talking over Obama, cutting him off, and rambling on past his 2 minutes. That smirk, too. Someone needs to slap it off McCain's mishapen face.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:30 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Obama didnt do as well as I hoped, but McCains body impressions made up for it. Obama needs more passion. To bad there isnt a half time like in sports where they can go into the locker room and make adjustments.

PS: I wonder if McCain was bummed that when he pulled out the Braclett card, told his sad story (and it was sad I admit) when afterwards Obama had his own Bracelet story. That was a good counter. I think obama needs to work on that delivery a little better, maybe with a little more emotion, but still it really took that point to a draw.
Great post. I agree. There is so much room for Obama to really go after McCain. Having read some of Obama's books, I think he is afraid of coming off as the "angry black man." He really feels a duty to stay more "civilized" than the other guy. Unfortunately he comes off as cool and aloof when he does that.

He wants to be Martin Luther King, not Malcomb X - at least in the eyes of the white voters he'll need to win this thing.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:33 AM

13 posts, read 19,224 times
This coming election is very important to many Americans. I wish McCan't will stick to the real issues Americans are facing. For those people who has not been affected by the down falling in the economy(recession), lack of medical coverage, loss of employment and the high cost of gas, then you are one of lucky ones. However, my family and I are suffering from this greedy, selfish and thoughtless administration. I could not go to work yesterday because I could not find any gas. It is frustrating. If I am suppose to choose a president because he was a POW and have years of experience that won't be my reason. I need someone who isn't scared to walk the beat and hear the real stories of the struggling Americans. Yes Americans!!! We are too divided and it is obvious how race is more prevalent in this campaign. It is sad that the children of today has to see how racism still exist in this country. Those are some of the issues the Republicans don't want to talk about but look at the body of people who are supporting McCain. Not too many minorities hah. Regardless, to what you will think after reading this that I am not American. You are wrong I love the fact I am American but ashamed of the issues we have going on in this country. If you disagree look around your work place caferteria, military, t.v, etc. too many cliches, and groups of the same races sitting huddled together as if "other people" are not allowed in. Keep it real!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections