Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 10:42 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,674,323 times

Advertisements

Was Obama wearing his bracelet? Or did he toss it into the trash?

I see he was wearing one, he had to check it to see what the name on it was. How sad !!

Last edited by smd1998; 09-27-2008 at 11:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 11:56 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,379,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
That is exactly what I thought. Respect to let the other finish and response to that...but Obama with his inex finger was many times like " I want my turn, please give me my turn....just to get the last word in....it isn't about the last word it is about what the answer means and what is coming from the heart and not from the paper or from the 3 days of practice that Obama needed to have to go over and over the answers of questions they expected!
We all know Obama is bright and smart but is no leader and has no experience and a huge lack of judgment.....there are many bright intelligent people out there, but to become the president of one of the most powerful and biggest Countries in the world, you need more than what Obama has to offer!

McCain has the experience and judgment skills and strategy knowledge to at least have a conversation with General Petraeus....Obama needs to go over that game "Stratego" first.
I absolutely agree well said!

Old 09-28-2008, 12:51 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,674,323 times
How many times did you catch Obama looking at the moderator begging him to stop McCain from talking.

Obama was trying to call his lawyers to get McCain's freedom of speech stopped, did you see that?

Obama did not go to Iraq for 900 days, what the heck does that tell you?
Did you see his face when McCain said that? Worth a million!

The only conversion Obama had was behind our backs with the Iraqi leaders trying to find a way to get us to lose this war. He should be in jail for that stunt. He got off only because he is Barack Obama. If McCain had done that he would have been arrested.

Obama is not ready for this job. Words do not get the job done.

If I was McCain my NO. 1 goal would to be to paint Obama was weak and he will not keep us safe.

Game over!

Old 09-28-2008, 12:54 AM

1,958 posts, read 2,483,907 times
Iraq isn't obamas thing, he likes Pock Es Stan.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:04 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,837,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
How many times did you catch Obama looking at the moderator begging him to stop McCain from talking.
Oh absolutely...because McCain droned on...and on...aaaaaaaaaaaand on without ever really coming to the point SO many times last night. He answered his questions OT with his Ole Man Winter, Gawd Bliss Uhmuhruhkuh stories and just kept talking aimlessly UNTIL he was FINALLY interrupted.

Yes...his meanderings needed interrupting. For other stuff. You know, like...the issues.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:12 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,825,160 times
What many people here don't get is that McCain was talking about his love for veterans when he has one of the worst voting records in Congress when it comes to supporting them.

Obama was being too polite and trying not to go off topic. After all, who can attack a "war hero?" But you cannot argue with facts. Example: [URL="http://votevets.org/video?id=0012"]VoteVets.org | Video[/URL]

How about this? McCain's Voting Record: He Does Not Support Our Troops and Veterans (http://www.veteransforcommonsense.org/articleid/9559 - broken link)

These are NOT sites by Obama supporters, but veterans who have fought for our country. Anyone who has followed McCain's political career would know this. In March 2005, McCain debated in the Senate and strongly voted against an amendment that would have increase medical care for veterans. In Oct 2003, he voted to table an amendment by Senator Dodd that called for an additional $322,000,000 for safety equipment for United States forces in Iraq.

I can list links all night long from sites like the Daily Kos, The Nation, Washington Post and many others, but I thought I'd show that the people John McCain always says he "loves" and "will take care of" don't love him very much.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:25 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,263,393 times
Big whoop so Obama mentioned his bracelet.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:38 AM

5,287 posts, read 4,349,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
What many people here don't get is that McCain was talking about his love for veterans when he has one of the worst voting records in Congress when it comes to supporting them.

Obama was being too polite and trying not to go off topic. After all, who can attack a "war hero?" But you cannot argue with facts. Example: VoteVets.org | Video

How about this? McCain's Voting Record: He Does Not Support Our Troops and Veterans (http://www.veteransforcommonsense.org/articleid/9559 - broken link)

These are NOT sites by Obama supporters, but veterans who have fought for our country. Anyone who has followed McCain's political career would know this. In March 2005, McCain debated in the Senate and strongly voted against an amendment that would have increase medical care for veterans. In Oct 2003, he voted to table an amendment by Senator Dodd that called for an additional $322,000,000 for safety equipment for United States forces in Iraq.

I can list links all night long from sites like the Daily Kos, The Nation, Washington Post and many others, but I thought I'd show that the people John McCain always says he "loves" and "will take care of" don't love him very much.
Actually, McCain voted against many veterans' bills because of the earmarks that were buried within, not the substance of the bill itself. Just the same that he, and I hope others, is doing now with the bailout and the earmarks that are in there.

I have lived among the military my whole life and there are very few that are not for McCain. I know what the statistics say and statistics can be manipulated.
I am a member of a military forum that is for military members only. They require your SSN for registration. Your SSN proves that you are active military, a dependent or a veteran. While I can not prove it to anyone (unless they are a member) the military is overwhelmingly for McCain.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:03 AM

33 posts, read 100,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
I think it was perfect. It basically said, you can tell your sob stories like you're the only one who's fighting for the people, but let me tell you that you're only fighting for some of them, the ones who convienetly agree with you. I agree with Obama's stance and frankly think that any military family should also be looking to avoid more bloodshed rather than try to "win" an un-winable war by keeping our troops in harms way.

Well my brother is serving in Iraq for his second time, and might go back when he gets to a new base. He has told me that he is voting for McCain.... So he obviously trust him enough to be his commander in chief

Old 09-28-2008, 05:52 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,186,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
you people need to stop whining. mccain came off old and yesterdays news.

as said on CNN, we thought he would say he knew alexander the great!
Whining? I didn't see any whining in any of the previous posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections