Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2008, 05:40 AM

495 posts, read 747,744 times

Advertisements

Anchorage– More than 1,000 vocal protesters chanted “recall Palin” as they voiced their disapproval of Republican vice-presidential Sarah Palin’s efforts to stonewall an investigation into whether she abused power in office by trying to fire her ex-brother-in-law.

Raw video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 06:12 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,446,265 times
Personally, if we protested Obama, we would be called racists. When Hillary was running for dem. nomination, she took some pretty sexist hits as well as comments that weren't needed. I think America has lost all respect for who they want to run their country by stooping so low as to targeting someone's family, their looks, making fun of them, calling them names, etc. etc. There is no respect whatsoever for anyone anymore.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:47 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,270,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
Personally, if we protested Obama, we would be called racists. When Hillary was running for dem. nomination, she took some pretty sexist hits as well as comments that weren't needed. I think America has lost all respect for who they want to run their country by stooping so low as to targeting someone's family, their looks, making fun of them, calling them names, etc. etc. There is no respect whatsoever for anyone anymore.
You are correct. Respect, just like common sense, has long vanished.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:13 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,076,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
So now you believe these people are all protesting Palin because of sexism? Well it would depend on what the protests are about, if its all about her looks or even the fact that she has a newborn and brings him on the campaign trail, then I would be able to see your point. But the people are protesting something of substance, the fact that Palin believes she is above the law and refuses to cooperate with a legislative investigation. This reminds people of the Bush administration and its criminal refusals to testify to Congress, and this goes against our consititution and the American system of checks and balances, and frankly really upsets and worries people. So that's why they are protesting her, and if they protested Obama for something of substance then I wouldn't be making any claims about it either. WAH WAH WAH POOR PALIN!

Old 09-28-2008, 07:31 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,137,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
So now you believe these people are all protesting Palin because of sexism? Well it would depend on what the protests are about, if its all about her looks or even the fact that she has a newborn and brings him on the campaign trail, then I would be able to see your point. But the people are protesting something of substance, the fact that Palin believes she is above the law and refuses to cooperate with a legislative investigation. This reminds people of the Bush administration and its criminal refusals to testify to Congress, and this goes against our consititution and the American system of checks and balances, and frankly really upsets and worries people. So that's why they are protesting her, and if they protested Obama for something of substance then I wouldn't be making any claims about it either. WAH WAH WAH POOR PALIN!
Good points.

And for those who say "there's no respect anymore"....

Respect has to earned....Palin has done nothing to EARN respect.

And why are you wringing your hands over Palin's treatment.....forgot history????? Or just never knew it???

Old 09-28-2008, 08:32 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,446,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Good points.

And why are you wringing your hands over Palin's treatment.....forgot history????? Or just never knew it???
Excuse me? She wasn't the only one mentioned, and as for the "other" we can't say a thing. Let the spinning begin!

Old 09-28-2008, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Good points.

Quoted by the poster: I think America has lost all respect for who they want to run their country by stooping so low as to targeting someone's family, their looks, making fun of them, calling them names, etc. etc. There is no respect whatsoever for anyone anymore.

From what you say, people don't deserve respect unless earned. The above quote from the poster is talking about looks, family, names, et al for which Palin hasn't been respected. Politics aside, all people deserve respect rather than ridicule. There is NO reason to be disrepectful to anyone.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:43 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,683,875 times
Erma: You do have a point about leaving the family out - but here too, both sides play dirty - so please do not just blame one side. It is a societal problem.

Otherwise, it seems you are asking for unconditonal respect. I have zero respect for Palin because of her competence. They way they have marketed her has made me furious - they have simply said "heck with you" (you know what I mean) to the country. I do not want this country to go down the toilet - last 8 years have been bad enough.

Besides, respect, like charity, begins at home - suggest you talk to Limaugh, Hannity, O'Reily et al about respecting the other side.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:50 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,912,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
From what you say, people don't deserve respect unless earned. The above quote from the poster is talking about looks, family, names, et al for which Palin hasn't been respected. Politics aside, all people deserve respect rather than ridicule. There is NO reason to be disrepectful to anyone.
Do you believe that it is only relevant when Palin/McCain are being bashed or does it apply to Obama and his family as well. I've read and heard some pretty disgusting statements, patently untrue, made by the right about Obama's mother, father, grandparents, wife and children. Where do you stand on that issue?

Old 09-28-2008, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Do you believe that it is only relevant when Palin/McCain are being bashed or does it apply to Obama and his family as well. I've read and heard some pretty disgusting statements, patently untrue, made by the right about Obama's mother, father, grandparents, wife and children. Where do you stand on that issue?
same
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections