Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 11:14 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
I agree, I think this baby is all over. McCain has already won.
Maybe he should get his Presidential seal started!!
Considering the polls, the mess the country is in, and the polls, thats....

Hope and praying for a Change.
Hmmmmm Hope and Change.
Didn't someone ELSE say that?
Hmmmmmm

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 08:08 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
You guys have to remember the polls are USED by the media to give the perception they want. And they obviously are rooting for obama. They manipulate the party affiliation, and sometimes you have wild disparity between the pollsters and what figure they use.

So when obama is up by 5 with 10% more dems you can look at that as a tie. Also have to look at other demographics and how they play with those numbers as well.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:14 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,292,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You guys have to remember the polls are USED by the media to give the perception they want. And they obviously are rooting for obama. They manipulate the party affiliation, and sometimes you have wild disparity between the pollsters and what figure they use.

So when obama is up by 5 with 10% more dems you can look at that as a tie. Also have to look at other demographics and how they play with those numbers as well.
Hmm. I don't disagree that you shouldn't rely on the polls. It's just that these explanations are never given when you're posting that McCain is in the lead.

Sunshine Chick, ever heard of not counting your chickens before they hatch? If McCain loses, they should blame it on people like you for bringing them all the bad mojo.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:22 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Quote:
I agree, I think this baby is all over. McCain has already won.
Maybe he should get his Presidential seal started!!
The Dem posters here are not AT ALL sure about Obama winning. If they were, they wouldn't get so furious when anyone posts an anti-Obama thread, and they wouldn't be frantically posting stupid stuff about McCain and Palin.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:30 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,660,266 times
If you forgot for one quick moment it was a debate.....I would think he was already president....what a great job he did! So classy, smart, and a huge winner of the debate! He crushed McSame, but in a classy way. Not trashy like McSame is! OBAMA/08

Old 09-28-2008, 08:30 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
It's just that these explanations are never given when you're posting that McCain is in the lead.
I do. I have said before I don't really trust the polls, either way. But how can I complain about a poll McCain is leading in when the party affiliation still favors a democrat?

There are two polls out today from Calif that have Obama by 10 in each. At first glance, that would seem very close, too close for some. But looking at the party ID of one, it looks like they oversampled republicans; 44(D), 39(R), 16(I).

SurveyUSA Election Poll #14440

Too me this is a faulty poll, because I know there are many more dems than reps in Calif. You have to ask yourself, why is the pollster doing that?

The other is 42-32-21, but the sampling is "adults"

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ama-did-2.html

I can immediately tell these two polls are faulty.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:34 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,660,266 times
Quote:
I called the debate and said McCain would show up when the dems here said he would not.

I am calling something else.

There will be an October surprise and Obama will go down. Keep your eyes and ears peeled.

He has far to much dirty laundry to go at and so far the media and his protectors have kept him from it. Not any more.

The skeletons will fall on Obama, its a matter of time.
Keep dreamin sunshine! He has no skeletons!

Old 09-28-2008, 08:41 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
The Dem posters here are not AT ALL sure about Obama winning. If they were, they wouldn't get so furious when anyone posts an anti-Obama thread, and they wouldn't be frantically posting stupid stuff about McCain and Palin.
You have no idea the irony in your post and the post you responded to. Absolutely incredible linkage.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:43 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I do. I have said before I don't really trust the polls, either way. But how can I complain about a poll McCain is leading in when the party affiliation still favors a democrat?

There are two polls out today from Calif that have Obama by 10 in each. At first glance, that would seem very close, too close for some. But looking at the party ID of one, it looks like they oversampled republicans; 44(D), 39(R), 16(I).

SurveyUSA Election Poll #14440

Too me this is a faulty poll, because I know there are many more dems than reps in Calif. You have to ask yourself, why is the pollster doing that?

The other is 42-32-21, but the sampling is "adults"

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ama-did-2.html

I can immediately tell these two polls are faulty.
have these pollsters results always been flawed in your estimation?

Old 09-28-2008, 08:47 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I know...I know...I always have to be a smartass but couldn't someone take your comment here and say "well the Repub posters here are not AT ALL sure about McCain winning. If they were, they wouldn't be starting anti-Obama threads"... I'm just saying.... if they were so confident in his victory, wouldn't they have something better to talk about then Obama?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections