Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 10:46 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,559,918 times

Advertisements

Surely the answer is Obama, no one will listen to McCain and his "Back when Dwight and I"...blah blah blah! stories. We need someone who will be living in the world they are creating!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 10:54 PM

9,867 posts, read 10,769,750 times
Any one that believes their will be some sort of peace in that region with out a major war is living in a dream world. If Obama is elected and try's to pull a Carter on Israel they will tell him to go pound sand, and know that they will have to handle the situation on their own, then we will see just what Obama is really made of, does he stand with Israel or with our enemies!

Old 09-28-2008, 11:16 PM

149 posts, read 466,753 times
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that neither candidate will be good at resolving the conflict between the Palestinians and Israelis. One will just be slightly better at it than the other, and that person is McCain.

Same deal with border security and immigration enforcement - McCain will be the lesser of two evils.

And we wonder why 70% of Americans don't vote...

Old 09-28-2008, 11:24 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,140,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Any one that believes their will be some sort of peace in that region with out a major war is living in a dream world. If Obama is elected and try's to pull a Carter on Israel they will tell him to go pound sand, and know that they will have to handle the situation on their own, then we will see just what Obama is really made of, does he stand with Israel or with our enemies!
I don't know about you all but I hope he stands with America before Israel or her enemies.

In case folks didn't know, Israel is another country, and while she is our friend and ally, we are not one in the same nor are our interest are not mutually exclusive. If Israel were to tell Obama to pound sand and blow it out his ear, then fine, so be it, they have that right. They have the right to self determination and to act on what they feel is in their best interest, but then we have the right to say you are on your own.

Palin states that America doesn't even have the right to question Israel or her actions, so I have to wonder. We are free to question the motives and actions of our own leaders, policies, and actions, but not those of the state of Israel and people don't find anything wrong with this?

As to Jimmy Carter, like him or not, call him a loony liberal or a life long devout Christian beholden to his faith, but one thing is true. Israel and the Palestinians were nearest to achieving a lasting and secure peace after Camp David when Carter mediated between Yitzhak Rabin and Yasser Arafat and may have succeeded if Rabin wasn't assassinated by a right-wing Israeli radical named Yigal Amir.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:41 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,263,393 times
Default the jews were not there first and have no right to the land

Kook Hagee - No Arabs In Israel Until After 1948 Ā« Heidi-Loreā€™s Musings

Many cultures and nations passed through Palestine since Jews were banished in the 2nd century A.D. But EPP says its occupants largely remained descendants of the ancient Philistines, from whom the title ā€œPalestineā€ is derived. EPP quotes Abraham Granott, former managing director of the Jewish National Fund, who admits: ā€œWhen the kingdom of Byzantium was subjected by the Arabs, practically the whole land belonged to the big proprietorswhile the soil was cultivated by the former owners who had remained on their plots as tenantsā€ Thus, EPP says, ā€œThe Palestinian Arabs arethe descendants of the Philistines and of all Semitic peoples who have lived in Palestine since the time of the Canaanitesā€ (p. 33). This included the ancient Samaritans whom God, in the time of Jeremiah, allowed to occupy Palestine because the Jews would not obey. The same divine invitation extends to Gentiles today until a remnant out of Israel will at last repent at Christā€™s second coming. (See, <http://www.truthtellers.org/alerts/almostanyone (broken link)
occupypalestine.htm>Almost Anyone Can Occupy Palestine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
The Palestinians don't deserve 'fairness'. They deserve to be annihilated.
How can you say this and feel good about yourself?

Old 09-29-2008, 12:04 AM

Oh boy, here we go again with the whole Carter/Rabin/Arafat story...

Listen. I have been to Israel and also part of the Palestinian Territory (West Bank). Our media is lying to us.

Regardless of the assassination of Rabin, Yasser Arafat was a terrorist sympathizer who had the PLO in his pocket. Any peace that could have come out of the Camp David summit would have been short-lived, as evidenced by the events shortly following the recent summit at Annapolis.

Yasser Arafat knew exactly what was going on in the Palestinian Territory, and was so adamant about denying allegations of militaristic extremism among the Palestinian populace that he actually challenged a news reporter to give him proof that children were being armed and taught to kill Jews. Here's the proof:
YouTube - Arafat: Show me proof

(By the way, the above video contains clips from credible sources. Nothing is made up or fabricated).

Are there extremists on both sides? Yes. But Palestinian extremists outnumber Israeli extremists more than 3 to 1. Don't believe me? Take a look at what is being taught to children in Palestinian schools, and try to compare that with what is being taught to children in Jewish schools.

And if you are Christian or Jewish and living in Bethlehem, you cannot get a work permit. I know that for a fact. The Palestinian authorities who run that city will not allow it, because the city is governed by Islamic Sha'ria Law. I believe the same is also true of Jericho and Ramallah, which are also both Palestinian-governed.

Also, the many Christians who came to Bethlehem last year to celebrate the birth of Christ were allowed only two hours to celebrate. Two hours - that's it. After that, the Palestinian authorities could no longer guarantee their safety. There's something you'll never hear on CNN.

As far as not questioning the State of Israel or its policies... give me one example of Israel ever doing something harmful to America or nations not considered as threats to America. For that matter, when compared to how Israel fights enemies in the war on terror, give me one example of where America is not perfoming in a substandard manner when compared to the Israel.

While Israel is kicking the terrorists' butts in their own backyard, we are stuck in Iraq, trying to keep Iran from turning that country into a safe-haven for terrorists. Because if we leave Iraq now, Iran will flood that country with terrorists and turn Iraq into what Afghanistan was before we came and bailed that country out, too.

We actually have a lot to learn from Israel. Although it has only been around for a fraction of the amount of time we have, the Israelis have managed to preserve their heritage and actually know how to deal with terrorists. Unlike us, they prefer not to get their bad news from the media.

Israel is on the rise, America is on the decline, and Palestine is desperate - as always.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:05 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,209,441 times
McCain.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:09 AM

20,243 posts, read 36,896,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I totally understand that, I am just hoping for some fairness in the next administration. But, alas, it's probably wishful thinking.
Well, I would think that Lieberman wants peace for the region, and he is very close to McCain on that issue. That said, there won't be peace in that region for years to come, although my wife (a Christian) tells me that there will be peace after a great war against Israel. I don't argue with her about anything, specially religion, and deep inside of me, I believe her.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:29 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,140,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerstoneEagle04 View Post
Oh boy, here we go again with the whole Carter/Rabin/Arafat story...

Israel is on the rise, America is on the decline, and Palestine is desperate - as always.
What about the Carter, Rabin, and Arafat story? I only stated facts as accepted in the US, Israel and the occupied territories.

Since America is headed to the toilet and Israel is on the rise, then we no longer need to fund them to the tune of billions of tax payer dollars every year then, right? We can now accept foreign aid from Israel to the United States and count on Israel to provide us with military hardware, high technology, and political cover in the UN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
McCain.
Why?

Old 09-29-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
What about the Carter, Rabin, and Arafat story? I only stated facts as accepted in the US, Israel and the occupied territories.
Yes, but omitting the fact that Arafat was a well-known terrorist sympathizer is a tactic used by the liberal medias of the U.S., the Palestinian territory, and yes, even Israel, to get us to believe that the man was somehow achampion for human rights and peace in the region.

Like I said, the media lies to us about Israel. In journalism, not telling the whole story is just as bad as lying about it.

Quote:
Since America is headed to the toilet and Israel is on the rise, then we no longer need to fund them to the tune of billions of tax payer dollars every year then, right?
No. Israel helps America in the war on terror in ways you wouldn't believe. They are many times more proactive than us in hunting down terrorists, their military technology is far superior compared to ours, and their strategies in counterterrorism have been proven effective for 60 years.

Also, Israel is the only country in the Middle East where democracy is thriving. For example, show me any other country in the Middle East where homosexuals are not persecuted, and where female victims of rape are not condemned to death for promiscuity.

America is in the toilet because we are more interested in personal privacy and political correctness than national security and the integrity of the republic. Compared to the Israelis, we are incredibly selfish and naive.

The Israeli government knows what is at stake, and is fully aware that their country could disappear if they make the same mistakes in the war on terror that we have made. If America was located where Israel is now, our country would not exist.

Quote:
We can now accept foreign aid from Israel to the United States and count on Israel to provide us with military hardware, high technology, and political cover in the UN.
It would never happen. The UN is the most corrupt international organization on the planet - even more than OPEC. From Kofi Annan's blood money to the sanctioned support of Islamic terrorist groups, what started as a great idea from the U.S. government has turned into a bureaucratic and political nightmare. Trust me - the UN would never give political cover to Israel.

And as far as Israel providing us with military hardware and high technology... they already do. It's just not talked about much. We gave them a bunch of F-16J's - the most advanced F-16's ever built. Do you think the Department of Defense would give the Israeli Defense Forces valuable equipment worth billions of taxpayer dollars, without something in return?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections