Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 01:35 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,764,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
So he is exploiting the death of a soldier for his campaign. In the article it says that the mother gave it to him and meant it to be a quiet moment between her and him, wanted Obama to know her son's name, but did not want it to become a media event and have asked Obama to stop wearing the bracelet, but he still wears it. See how he cares about you, Dems?
Exactly...and by Obama wearing it as a "trophy of his compassion" which he can exploit in his campaigning, it is disregarding this family's wishes, which is very disrespectful. Of course, I personally would have never given it to him to begin with, but the woman did not give it to him to wear and parade around. This is the closest that Barack has come to actually serving militarily for this country, so I guess he now considers himself right up there with McCain. IF this was John McCain wearing someone's dead son's bracelet without permission and using it for his own political gain, you're darn right the media, liberal bloggers, and Hollywood would be screaming, shouting, protesting, and probably trying to assassinate the man. Give me a break that this "isn't a big deal"....it IS.

Last edited by SCBeaches; 09-28-2008 at 01:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 01:40 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBeaches View Post
Exactly...and by Obama and wearing it as a "trophy of his compassion" which he can exploit in his campaigning, it is disregarding this family's wishes, which is very disrespectful. Of course, I personally would have never given it to him to begin with, but the woman did not give it to him to wear and parade around. This is the closest that Barack has come to actually serving militarily for this country, so I guess he now considers himself right up there with McCain. IF this was John McCain wearing someone's dead son's bracelet without permission and using it for his own political gain, you're darn right the media, liberal bloggers, and Hollywood would be screaming, shouting, protesting, and probably trying to assassinate the man. Give me a break that this "isn't a big deal"....it IS.
The double standard and dishonesty by Dems when it comes to Obama versus McCain is sickening. Obama can do anything and they think it's fine. Then they attack McCain-Palin over every little thing, LIE about things, twist the trust to make it appear different than it really was, and totally make up things. If those are the kind of follower Obama attracts, what kind of man is Obama?

Old 09-28-2008, 01:44 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Probably cause the other guy is almost gleeful about causing more death and destruction in Iraq.

Thats my guess.

And you guess wrong, what else is new? I guess if elected obama won't be allowed to finish his term, see how easy it is?

Old 09-28-2008, 01:48 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
LOL

Yet another Obama-bashing garbage post.
Haven't you folks anything SIGNIFICANT to post?

Apparently not.

Ken
Well, they don't have that much to go on anymore now that their candidate is seriously tanking.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:48 PM
NWS

720 posts, read 1,645,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
I has a bracelet too ... what a clown. John McCain was right to wear his ... just ask Obama he'll tell ya.

Family Told Obama NOT To Wear Soldier Son's Bracelet... Where is Media? | NewsBusters.org
If you listen and read she asked him to stop because she is being harassed by people like you accusing her of using her son! She can't take the abuse anymore. Aren't you repugs ashamed?

Old 09-28-2008, 01:55 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
If you listen and read she asked him to stop because she is being harassed by people like you accusing her of using her son! She can't take the abuse anymore. Aren't you repugs ashamed?
Sorry but it's obama and his trash that have no shame. Interesting, the only uniform he has ever worn was the silly tribesman get up he wore Obama in a turban: Barack accuses Hillary of smear campaign after circulating photos of him dressed as 'a Muslim' | Mail Online maybe he was kitchen help in this get up? We ALL know he can give a **** less about a fallen US military man. obama does have confused allegiances at best, the boys IFF has never functioned correctly.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:53 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well, they don't have that much to go on anymore now that their candidate is seriously tanking.
Well, in truth it's sad that they had so little positive to say about their candidate even BEFORE he was tanking. Pretty much all they were posting were attacks on Obama. There was NO enthusiasm for their choice. That's a pretty pathetic state of affairs. At least us Obama supporters LIKE our candidate and are happy with him.

Ken

Old 09-28-2008, 05:17 PM

254 posts, read 329,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclad View Post
sorry but it's obama and his trash that have no shame. Interesting, the only uniform he has ever worn was the silly tribesman get up he wore obama in a turban: Barack accuses hillary of smear campaign after circulating photos of him dressed as 'a muslim' | mail online maybe he was kitchen help in this get up? We all know he can give a **** less about a fallen us military man. Obama does have confused allegiances at best, the boys iff has never functioned correctly.
pathetic!

Old 09-28-2008, 05:28 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
Obama is more of a hack that I thought before.
When he had to look down to read the name was horrible enough, but to hear what really happened...
good grief

Old 09-28-2008, 05:33 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Well, in truth it's sad that they had so little positive to say about their candidate even BEFORE he was tanking. Pretty much all they were posting were attacks on Obama. There was NO enthusiasm for their choice. That's a pretty pathetic state of affairs. At least us Obama supporters LIKE our candidate and are happy with him.

Ken
Really? Because all I see are attacks on McCain and Palin, not anything discussing why Obama is a good choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections