Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 03:07 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,483,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
In general, Repulicans like programs that benefit the rich - McCain is suggesting gobs of tax cuts for this suffering segment.

Ever work for a poor beggar? obama may make you think this will happen but I doubt it will. Not all businesses are and even if they are who are YOU to steal what they earned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 03:08 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,483,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Why do you think Barack abruptly left Trinity United Church of Christ?

They refused to stop cannibalism and theft?

Old 09-28-2008, 03:23 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,837,689 times
Quote:
Why do you think Barack abruptly left Trinity United Church of Christ?
I don't know, but I'll bet checking into the other nine gazillion threads referring to this topic on the forum would help you figure it out.

By the way, as long as we're into old news...stamps are up to $.29.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:51 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,464,700 times
I guess that Democrats really don't look at a candidates religious background as something that is important.

This isn't an issue of seperating church and state. It really is more of the idealism of secular progressives. Democrats that identify themselves with a church? Christians who vote left wing? Very interesting.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:29 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,837,689 times
Quote:
I guess that Democrats really don't look at a candidates religious background as something that is important.
That's right, we don't. Or at least I don't.

Do you look into issues like spousal abuse or desertion as something that is important?

How about a history of volatility?

Do you look at a candidate's relative health and age, and hence, his chances of being able to perform a highly stressful job of President of the United States, as something that is important?

Just curious. I mean since church is so important to you...I should hope these highly moral and safety issues would be, too.

If you're not a hypocrite, that is.

But hell. Maybe whether the candidate has irregularly made nap-filled appearances at the back of church ranks higher than any of that on your list as "things that are important".

Old 09-28-2008, 06:31 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,748,237 times
Quote:

This isn't an issue of seperating church and state. It really is more of the idealism of secular progressives. Democrats that identify themselves with a church? Christians who vote left wing? Very interesting.
I’m worried about Sarah Palin when she was on stage at the alter having three ministers laying hands on her to get the evil witches and demons out of your.

YouTube - Sarah Palin, Thomas Muthee and witchcraft

However is any of this nonsense important in the political view of things? Why are these even questions that even come up? Next thing you know we’ll want a president who has a religious snake handler on staff for his administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections