Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 04:45 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
What's the name of this person who should be "vetting" Obama???.....LOL

Spreading kooky conspiracy smears and not knowing the meaning of simple words go hand in hand.
Good question about who should be vetting Obama. Do you think he doesn't need to be checked out? Or can anyone run for president without being checked out? No FBI check? No nothing?

Who Vetted Obama?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 04:47 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Yeah, I've seen him a lot lately too and he seems to be actively campaigning for McCain. I think he just pays homage to Obama, but really wants McCain to win. And I'm betting Hillary is thinking the same thing. She was cheated out of the nomination. I don't think the Clintons let someone do that to them. Something's gonna happen (Hillary said there's an October surprise) and McCain is going to win.
Hillary Clinton to campaign for Obama in Michigan - USATODAY.com
There's no doubt in anyone's mind that Senator Obama understands the economic challenges we face as well as the need to change the way we do business here at home and around the world."

Clinton also planned to campaign for Obama in Grand Rapids and Flint later Saturday. All events are free.

She said the "day of reckoning" has come for voters. She called Republican George Bush's presidency the worst in U.S. history. She added that Republican John McCain is a friend she respects.

Maybe she is the reason for:
RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - Michigan: McCain vs. Obama

Old 09-28-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Hillary Clinton to campaign for Obama in Michigan - USATODAY.com
There's no doubt in anyone's mind that Senator Obama understands the economic challenges we face as well as the need to change the way we do business here at home and around the world."

Clinton also planned to campaign for Obama in Grand Rapids and Flint later Saturday. All events are free.

She said the "day of reckoning" has come for voters. She called Republican George Bush's presidency the worst in U.S. history. She added that Republican John McCain is a friend she respects.

Maybe she is the reason for:
RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - Michigan: McCain vs. Obama
As I said, I think the Clintons are doing what they are "supposed" to do publicly, except Bill is letting it slip that he's really for McCain.

Obama understands the economic challenges? If he did, he'd know better than to raise taxes on small businesses.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:51 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,944,197 times
Quote:
Good question about who should be vetting Obama.
You could always volunteer... call up the dnc and tell 'em you'll handle it.

Last edited by normie; 09-28-2008 at 05:09 PM..

Old 09-28-2008, 04:52 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times
The more I read of some poster's rantings, the more I understand why they are so jealous and suspicious of those who are better educated and more intelligent. It must be frightening to live in a world where you understand so little of what is going on.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
The more I read of some poster's rantings, the more I understand why they are so jealous and suspicious of those who are better educated and more intelligent. It must be frightening to live in a world where you understand so little of what is going on.
I'd say a lot of the people who disagree with you are some of the more educated and intelligent people on this board. I am appalled on a daily basis by the lack of basic spelling and grammar skills exhibited here. And also the immaturity of posters who instead of making a point based on the issues, make personal attacks against McCain, Palin and other posters, or outright lie.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:01 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Yeah, I've seen him a lot lately too and he seems to be actively campaigning for McCain. I think he just pays homage to Obama, but really wants McCain to win. And I'm betting Hillary is thinking the same thing. She was cheated out of the nomination. I don't think the Clintons let someone do that to them. Something's gonna happen (Hillary said there's an October surprise) and McCain is going to win.
Does this reflect a plus or minus for McCain? Is the fact that it is this close a result of Hillary throwing her support to Obama?
West Virginia 2008 Presidential Ballot
American Research Group
Date: 9/14-16
West Virginia
Added: 9/17/08

John McCain 49%
Barack Obama 45%
Unsure 7%
Source

Old 09-28-2008, 05:03 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,155,773 times
Quote:
I'd say a lot of the people who disagree with you are some of the more educated and intelligent people on this board. I am appalled on a daily basis by the lack of basic spelling and grammar skills exhibited here. And also the immaturity of posters who instead of making a point based on the issues, make personal attacks against McCain, Palin and other posters, or outright lie.
You are absolutely right.

Quote:
Obama is a vapid demagogue, a hollow man that despises American culture. He is ill-suited to be president of the United States. As the weeks pass, more Americans will come to this realization and elect McCain/Palin in a landslide."
http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...-november.html

Quote:
It's not spam; you just don't like the content. And yes, I have added commentary to some; some didn't need any. If it were anti-McCain, you'd be just fine with it. Since it proves Obama should not be the nominee, you don't like it.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ind-obama.html

Now stop it. How about sticking to the issues and not some fantastical claims by people with no evidence. If they had evidence, I'm sure we would have seen it already.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:04 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times
Quote:
If you believe this then you must have a lot of your fellow McCain/Palin supporters on your "Ignore" list. I have never read so much vile and dishonest garbage as is written by some (not all) of those who support McCain/Palin. But then I guess they are just following their leader, the one who graduated at the bottom of his class and whose idea of discussion is cursing and threatening those with whom he does not agree...and his sidekick who took 6 tries to get a BA.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:06 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,850,381 times
Hillary was here campaigning for Obama yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections