Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If The Running Mates Were Reversed, Which Ticket Would You Support?
Obama/Palin 6 10.17%
McCain/Biden 24 40.68%
Dora the Explorer/Tickle Me Elmo 31 52.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 07:47 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,211 times

Advertisements

Barney seems to be furious for neglecting him ......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 02:19 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genmomto5 View Post
Ummmm? Can Dora run? I believe she is from a Latin American country. Can we see her birth certificate? Has she been properly vetted?
I'm sure she is a first-generation Mexican American, as her accent isn't particularly heavy and leans toward SoCal more so than Spanish.

On the other hand, newsbusters.org might have something to say about that.

I suppose if they foresee a problem, they could simply marry and Dora could be his senorita primera instead. Someone suggested Barney...he wouldn't be a good second to Elmo because Elmo, despite his giggly exterior, does tend to get a little territorial. ("Elmo loves HIS goldfish, HIS crayon too...") and even his brainless fish sitting there bubbling he tends to attribute to himself. ("Oh look, Dorothy's imagining Elmo sledding!") Barney might be too strong a second, therefore.

I'm thinking a TeleTubbie for V.P. with Elmo because TeleTubbies are as understandable as Palin but are very non-assertive.

Actually, come to think of it...maybe McCain should have considered a TeleTubbie, too. At least you can't tell when it's putting its foot in its own mouth.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:25 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,246,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
Dora checks her map often before proceeding forward with anything. It shows caution and prudence before making a decision which I admire in a candidate. She also has a magic backpack which certainly would help in a sticky situation. Elmo can be impulsive but he has a genuine appreciation for people of all backgrounds so hi's chances of being successful at working bipartisan are good. Having cross network candidates can only add to their strength with the merging of both the public and private sectors.

Dora/Elmo 2012
That is the hardest I've laughed all day!!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 02:36 PM

78 posts, read 125,346 times
I checked McCain Biden.

I probably will vote McCain, and I honestly don't at all care for Bidens policies, but I think a bi-partisan approach in the exec branch is a good idea.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:47 PM

Default Young, dumb and full of..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Nope. I voted against Bush in 2004 and was too young to vote in 2000. You'd have to be an IDIOT to support Bush!
Now see, this is the kind of immature name calling that makes me think the voting age should be raised to 30 at least. Ok, look here kid, to call everyone who voted for Bush an idiot shows immaturity on a grand scale. Let me explain something to you....I voted for Bush, both times, and I am not happy with the direction he took the government, and I was livid about some of the policies that have taken place during his tenure. I am extremely disappointed in how much he grew government spending, and these military subcontracts that are cost plus (the ones McCain spoke of during the debate) are absolute BS. Washington D.C. has become the biggest good old boy network in the entire country. Need I remind you that our only other choice to vote for was the "inventor of the internet" and had he won, you'd be defending him to the hilt. But alas, this financial crisis started in the 90's when the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933 was repealed. The legislation was introduced by Phill Gramm (R-TX) and James Leach (R-IA). Bill Clinton signed this piece of legislation which opened up the doors for all the corruption that occurred and led us to the financial mess we have going on today. So the Republicans are guilty of falling prey to the lobbying of Citigroup who had been trying to get the SGA repealed for at least a decade, and Clinton is guilty of signing it into law. That's both parties that are responsible for the mess we have now. George Bush didn't have a thing to do with the current economy, and if you weren't just above drinking age, you'd know that. But alas, we're all just idiots because we voted for Bush, and for you to know everything so early in your life, wow, I'm so very impressed. Maybe you should run for President since your of such high level intelligence.

Now see, the politicians, they want to keep us seperated and pitted against each other based on certain issues like abortion, civil rights, blah blah blah. Truth is, most Americans agree on most things, but without these divisive issues, they lose power. So I'll go for now so your young mind kind soak in some of this stuff...and in the meantime, I suggest a little bit of research before opening your young naive` mouth instead of lumping everyone into the "idiot" category. Unless of course you have made absolutely no mistakes ever in your life and never regretted a decision you made. In which case, I owe you an apology. You'll never get it, but at least somebody will owe you something kid.

In the meantime, it would serve you and everyone else on this forum well to do a little research into the root cause of this financial crisis, or at least one major component of it: Glass-Steagall Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wall Street Crash of 1929 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-29-2008, 02:52 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,525,929 times
Dora would command the hispanic vote and Elmo would take the younger monsters and monsters of color. Elmos is honest. Dora is bilingual. A good pair.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:59 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
I would support the option that would present the best opportunity for smaller government. Dora, Bambi, Sacha, SpongeBob... whatwhoever.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:41 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
This poll will prove my point about the bra-thumpers.

There should be a 4th choice for the mafia to run the country. We'd have this place back up and running in no time.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
This poll will prove my point about the bra-thumpers.

There should be a 4th choice for the mafia to run the country. We'd have this place back up and running in no time.
There is no mafia

Old 09-29-2008, 08:10 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
Dora checks her map often before proceeding forward with anything. It shows caution and prudence before making a decision which I admire in a candidate. She also has a magic backpack which certainly would help in a sticky situation. Elmo can be impulsive but he has a genuine appreciation for people of all backgrounds so hi's chances of being successful at working bipartisan are good. Having cross network candidates can only add to their strength with the merging of both the public and private sectors.

Dora/Elmo 2012
you do realize that you helped put dora and elmo over the top in this election, don't you? they got more votes than the other candidates combined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections