Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 12:36 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,514,655 times

Advertisements

Everyone can't wait for the Palin vs. Biden debate, but one question comes up for me...
Since Sarah has such a hard time expressing herself and making sense, and seems so tense, does anyone think they will give her something to calm her down? I wouldn't put it past the spin docs at all to medicate her.

Her interview with Gibson was horrid. Her meeting with Couric was even worse.

What will the outcome be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 12:44 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,841,368 times
The outcome will be no chopping of her answers to push an agenda. Maybe she will fall on her face, maybe she will destroy Biden. This is finally a fair opportunity to show her stuff. I still don't expect the libs to give her any credit in the event she holds her own though. There is a chance she has been greatly underestimated due to the bs smear tactics. I am not sold on her yet, but I am reserving my judgement until after the debate to see if she shows the potential.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:21 AM

552 posts, read 1,073,447 times
People voting for Obama will believe that Biden won, people voting for McCain will believe Palin won, and the few who still remain undecided will remain undecided and flip a coin on November 4th.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:25 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
I think it's going to be interesting. As a Democrat, one of my fears is that Biden may attack a little too harshly and some women voters may view it as demoralizing and sexist towards her thus losing some of Obama's votes. But, all in all, I am very interested to see how a woman with very limited experience in so many matters is going to stand up to a guy who has been in the Senate for as long as he has. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I certainly don't think she's going to be fully ready for it. I guess we'll find out on Thursday.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:27 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Everybody I know is looking forward to it from an entertainment perspective. They all believe it will be a train wreck that can't be missed.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:30 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,158,279 times
The Obama campaign is a little less optimistic. They're portraying her as a quick study and a great debater.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Obama-Biden camp hypes Palin’s debating skills « - Blogs from CNN.com

Old 09-29-2008, 02:31 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
She's studying at "debate camp" so maybe she'll be able to slide by on Thursday. They changed the format, so there won't be as much discussion. Palin doesn't get into trouble when someone asks her a question, because she does manager to respond, whether or not it makes sense. It's those follow-up questions that ask her to clarify her puzzling responses that get her tongue tied. I just hope the McCain people won't cry sexism and accuse Biden of being disrespectful. They are both running for Vice President, so he should not hold back. Maybe this time we'll get to see some real debating. Friday night was a little ho-hum.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:49 AM

3,085 posts, read 7,249,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
The Obama campaign is a little less optimistic. They're portraying her as a quick study and a great debater.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Obama-Biden camp hypes Palin’s debating skills « - Blogs from CNN.com

The Obama camp is smart.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:57 AM

3,085 posts, read 7,249,829 times
ok i just read some of the article

i hope these guys are not going to come with some "I agree with Palin" bulls*t

Old 09-29-2008, 02:57 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Only a fool would assume something like this would be a cakewalk, and only a bigger fool would talk openly about such an assumption. They'll proceed with integrity as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections