Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 09:53 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,862,062 times

Advertisements

Quite honestly, the republicans own much of this mess, they should attempt to fix it. Not only that, but I heard someone say this morning that the next president will most likely be a one term president. I have sort of thought that for a while. I'd hate to see a guy like Obama only serve one term. I think he has a lot of potential to do great things. I also think that he is young enough to be able to run in a couple of election cycles.

Let them take it: between the war, the economy, and the energy crisis, I doubt we will see many changes no matter who wins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 09:57 AM
NWS

720 posts, read 1,645,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
Quite honestly, the republicans own much of this mess, they should attempt to fix it. Not only that, but I heard someone say this morning that the next president will most likely be a one term president. I have sort of thought that for a while. I'd hate to see a guy like Obama only serve one term. I think he has a lot of potential to do great things. I also think that he is young enough to be able to run in a couple of election cycles.

Let them take it: between the war, the economy, and the energy crisis, I doubt we will see many changes no matter who wins.
The next president will decide what direction the war goes in.
The next president will pick 2-3 supreme court justices.
The next 4 years are to important to let McCain ruin it.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:00 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:

I think someone already thought of all of this.

2,265 posts, read 3,732,937 times
Quote:

No, the repubicans aren't at fault for everything.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I am voting for Obama. I forgot about the supreme court thing. That alone says that Obama should win. Ok, I changed my mind, Obama should and will win.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:03 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,552,858 times
Why would the next POTUS only be for one term? What is the reasoning behind that statement,,,i wonder....

Old 09-29-2008, 10:04 AM

1,348 posts, read 3,586,607 times
We definetely need a more progressive Supreme Court. One of the many reasons to vote Obama/Biden.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Why would the next POTUS only be for one term? What is the reasoning behind that statement,,,i wonder....
I was only half listening to the pundit who said it. I just think that the next president has a very big mess and I don't think that a lot of the promised changes can really take hold enough to make a difference. I dunno, I'm just thinking out loud mostly. One thing's for sure, I would not want this job.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:09 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Baby Bush has done extensive damage to America. Anyone who's been paying casual attention for the past few years is well aware of the fact. The recovery will not be complete on the next president's watch. A McCain victory would delay that recovery even longer. Fortunately, it's beginning to become obvious that the prospect of a President McCain is only a very remote possibility at this point. And nothing on the horizon points to any shift towards McCain/Palin.

Those still denying the disastrous Bush years are simply deep in denial.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:10 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,691 times
I have wondered the same thing as the thread offer. In fact I wrote a response on one thread questioning Obama's sanity for wanting to be saddled with this mess. But having said that, let me say this:

Two Words, Supreme Court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections