Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 11:03 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,182,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
So let's see if I get this right, it's ok for Obama to get "on the job training" (and don't slam me, that's Biden's remarks, not mine!), but it's not ok for Sarah Palin to have to get a little training herself, even though she won't actually be the Commander in Chief, John McCain will.

Hmmmm.....the double standards never cease to exist.

Only a former president has presidential experience so anyone elected will have SOME on-the-job training.

With that said, Obama's education steamrolls over both McCain and Palin. His understanding of constitutional law and writing legislation make him MORE qualified than a war-monger in his 70s' (with only a few years left of life according to a recent study) and Palin who barely made it out of college with a degree in journalism

Last edited by BK2Westchester; 09-29-2008 at 11:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 11:03 AM

125 posts, read 187,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
I hate to say it but Palin is not in Obama's league as far as intellect.
Thank God for that! We don't need another one in his league or with his intellect (or lack there of). I think some confuse intellect with eloquence.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:04 AM

281 posts, read 380,861 times
It's gonna take more than "on the job training" for Palin. She's gonna require about 20 years of training, mentoring, and coaching for the VP position.

You can't even began to compare that woman to Obama. Have you watched the same interviews I have?? Com on , lets be real.

You just gonna have to fish a little deeper to find a topic of negative substance to post about Obama. I'm getting a kick out of the ones I'm reading here today...too funny

Old 09-29-2008, 11:05 AM

16 posts, read 19,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Everyone is going to need "on-the-job training", none of them have been VP or President before.

The problem is, Palin can't answer a sentence coherently and will need a LOT more OTJ training than any of the rest of the people running.

Hi Newtoli. I agree with you 100%. It doesn't matter who has the most experience or who says they are 100% ready, I can't imagine that anyone could hold any of those offices and automatically understand every last detail about what is going on. I also agree with you on Palin. I don't know if she is just nervous being in the spotlight like this, but her shining moment was of course during the convention. After that, she has faltered quite a bit in interviews and such.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:07 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
I hate to say it but Palin is not in Obama's league as far as intellect.
No kidding ... Tina Fey-lin's Palin is more intelligent than the real thing.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:08 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
So let's see if I get this right, it's ok for Obama to get "on the job training" (and don't slam me, that's Biden's remarks, not mine!), but it's not ok for Sarah Palin to have to get a little training herself, even though she won't actually be the Commander in Chief, John McCain will.

Hmmmm.....the double standards never cease to exist.
No "on the job training" would prepare this "clueless" gal to be VP much less GOD FORBID, President. I am thrilled beyond words that this VP candidate's inflated bubble blew up in the Republican's face.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:08 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,987,173 times
I think no president can know it all and will ultimately need to gather information and get opinions from people that know more about a particular matter. I absolutely trust that Obama has brains and will consider many ideas so he can make better decisions about our future.

Palin/McCain- no way. They'll just pretend that they know what they're doing, only consult "yes" men then make a decision for us (just like GWB). Palin's still trying to defend her ridiculous statement about Alaska being near Russia. This scares me to death that she cannot fathom admitting that it makes no sense whatsoever or how stupid she sounds. Proof that they would be disastrous for the country.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:09 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Look what Wonderboy's on the job training got us! Bill Clinton's on the job training seemed to have taken.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:10 AM

125 posts, read 187,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
No "on the job training" would prepare this "clueless" gal to be VP much less GOD FORBID, President. I am thrilled beyond words that this VP candidate's inflated bubble blew up in the Republican's face.
I don't think there is a Republican out there that would agree with you ... just Democratic wishful thinking at work.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:14 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,079,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Everyone is going to need "on-the-job training", none of them have been VP or President before.

The problem is, Palin can't answer a sentence coherently and will need a LOT more OTJ training than any of the rest of the people running.
OJT is great for those who are academically prepared, but she is not prepared at all. It is a shame to see the first woman republican go down in flames like this. But that is a pattern. If you really do not want a woman to succeed in the position, you pick one that cannot possibly and then sit back and say, see, I told you it would be a disaster!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections