Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 02:59 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,079,296 times

Advertisements

Seems to me looking at the current state of our Union that Bush is the next Carter. OUr money is being held hostage all around the world in wars with terrorists, our money is being siphobned off from the stock market, our houses are falling down around us, and our energy bills are crazy high, anbd the south is back in fuel lines. THanks Republicans. John McCain, hmmm, aren't you part of that party? If you were really a Maverick, you might have run as an independent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 03:00 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,586,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Seems to me looking at the current state of our Union that Bush is the next the Carter. OUr money is being held hostage all around the world in wars with terrorists, our money is being siphobned off from the stock market, our houses are falling down around us, and our energy bills are crazy high, anbd the south is back in fuel lines. THanks Republicans.

Bush = GOP version of Carter. Both one-term southern governors who are evangelicals.

We need a good, level-headed yankee in the WH. And that man is Barack Obama.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:02 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
I see so many similarities between Jimmy Carter and Barrack Obama. Here is why:

Turning Obama Into Jimmy Carter | The New York Observer

Both men are intellectuals who have incredible technical knowledge of the issues. Both are like College Professors.

Both men have no real friends. They are aloof and distant to aides and reporters.

Both men are Washington outsiders who promoted change

Both men have no record of accomplishment before becoming President but because popular based on unique public speaking skills

Both men want to bring in mostly Washington outsiders to take over the government but choose an insider to be VP (Mondale for Carter and Biden for Obama)

Both did and will fail to be a good President

Hey you dolt, have you turned on the tube lately?

Do you even know what's going on right now?

Old 09-29-2008, 03:02 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,079,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
Bush = GOP version of Carter. Both one-term southern governors who are evangelicals.

We need a good, level-headed yankee in the WH. And that man is Barack Obama.
Amen!

Old 09-29-2008, 03:03 PM

826 posts, read 1,625,263 times

YouTube - Burning Down The House: What Caused Our Economic Crisis? V2

Old 09-29-2008, 03:28 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,983,727 times
Why would ANYONE in this forum want to listen to ANYTHING SAID by Republicans, who gave us EIGHT YEARS of George W. Bush?

That to me is SCARY!!!

Our entire economy is in the toilet ... and Republicans are still pushing to elect another one of their own into the White House !!!

Bush borrowed so much money from foreign countries like China, that he increased our National Debt from around 6 trillion dollars when he took office in 2001, to over 10 trillion today !!! Bush borrowed and spent almost as much in only 8 years as the combined total of all 42 presidents before him did in 200+ years !!! Think about that ???

Bush gave us an endless and unnecessary war in Iraq which killed over 4000 Americans, and killed more than 100,000 innocent Iraqi civilians. Now he is passing his Iraqi mess to the next president.

During Bush, gasoline prices have more than TRIPLED!

It's a real shame that so many Republican voters are too young to remember how great the Clinton years were, when the worst thing you could say about Clinton was he had sex with someone other than his wife, and then lied about it. Who cares? When Clinton left office in 2001, we had a HUGE budget surplus (which is a great thing!), and gasoline was selling for around $1.25 a gallon !!! The stock market had a HUGE run-up during the Clinton years, and it was in the middle of a correction due to the Internet bubble bursting. Clinton did not start any wars, and the entire world admired and respected the United States of America!

Today America is one of the most hated countries on the planet.

Do we want ANOTHER REPUBLICAN in charge ???

Remember the Republican chant from 2004 .... "FOUR MORE YEARS" ?

Here's a new chant for Republicans ..... "FORE-closure More Years".

Or how about .... "WAR More Years"?

Take your pick!

Old 09-29-2008, 06:38 PM

254 posts, read 329,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
See below my name.

This man is not only scary, he is very dangerous, even more so then Jimmy Carter ever was.
what is your opinion of George Bush, now he is scary

Old 09-30-2008, 01:09 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
It's a real shame that so many Republican voters are too young to remember how great the Clinton years were, when the worst thing you could say about Clinton was he had sex with someone other than his wife, and then lied about it. Who cares? When Clinton left office in 2001, we had a HUGE budget surplus (which is a great thing!), and gasoline was selling for around $1.25 a gallon !!! The stock market had a HUGE run-up during the Clinton years, and it was in the middle of a correction due to the Internet bubble bursting. Clinton did not start any wars, and the entire world admired and respected the United States of America!
If the Clinton years were so great, why did G.W. Bush inherit a recession?

And the worst thing I could say about Clinton was not his lying under oath, witness tampering and obstructing justice... the worst I could say about him is:

- Giving nuclear material to North Korea (for "energy" purposes) and having build (at our cost), two nuclear power plants which cost the U.S. $1 billion each. Of course, we know that N. Korea used the nuclear material to build nuclear weapons.

- Changing the way the FBI and CIA could obtain information from informants (they could no longer get info from anyone with a felony record). Since bad guys knew what other bad guys are doing, the FBI and CIA intelligence was nowhere near as good as it was during the Cold War years. Which meant that al Qaeda launched attacks throughout the 1990s with little trouble.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:24 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,876,700 times
Jimmy Carter should be extremely happy that he's lived to see this day.

Over 30 years of badmouthing his presidency, yet by comparison it looks like an economic boom!

That's why the OP had to indicate (scary) in his post title -- otherwise, we'd all be like, Jimmy Carter? Yehaa! Much better than where we are today.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:50 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,404,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Why would ANYONE in this forum want to listen to ANYTHING SAID by Republicans, who gave us EIGHT YEARS of George W. Bush?

That to me is SCARY!!!

Our entire economy is in the toilet ... and Republicans are still pushing to elect another one of their own into the White House !!!

Bush borrowed so much money from foreign countries like China, that he increased our National Debt from around 6 trillion dollars when he took office in 2001, to over 10 trillion today !!! Bush borrowed and spent almost as much in only 8 years as the combined total of all 42 presidents before him did in 200+ years !!! Think about that ???

Bush gave us an endless and unnecessary war in Iraq which killed over 4000 Americans, and killed more than 100,000 innocent Iraqi civilians. Now he is passing his Iraqi mess to the next president.

During Bush, gasoline prices have more than TRIPLED!

Today America is one of the most hated countries on the planet.

Do we want ANOTHER REPUBLICAN in charge ???

Remember the Republican chant from 2004 .... "FOUR MORE YEARS" ?

Here's a new chant for Republicans ..... "FORE-closure More Years".

Or how about .... "WAR More Years"?

Take your pick!

This is the rhetoric I see from people who clearly know nothing about what has happened in the last 15 years. It's stunning, really, and downright disheartening. You are the argument for heightened requirements in order to receive the right to vote.

I'd like to know where you got your rose-colored glasses. Mine just do not cut through your bullsh*t about Clinton enough. For instance, my BS meter went flying off its little stand when I read your "Clinton didn't start any wars" nonsense. Perhaps a little Somalia 101 would help you out. Kosovo? Maybe this will rattle your brain a little...sound familiar?

"Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. ... Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors. ... Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons."

Can you tell me who said that? I'll give you a hint: wife to Hillary.

Here's a little light reading for ya: Remember Clinton's War in Iraq?

Now on to another piece of lunacy--your accusation that Bush is responsible for high gas prices.

Gas prices went UP when YOUR Democrats took over Congress. That's, well, kinda a fact. I know, I know, those pesky facts, doggone it, they just mess everything up.

You wanna know something even more incredible?

Al Gore, Nancy Pelosi, and your good friend Barack Obama all say high gas prices are a good thing. Well, Nancy, of course, backtracked and is now saying how awful it is, but believe me, she was right on that bandwagon a few years back. It's kinda common knowledge (fyi: Google yields all wisdom).

We were admired and respected with Clinton and now we're hated because of Bush? Really? I'd like to know who hates us. Can you name some countries please? Besides Germany? I mean, if it's someone new, that previously in the past 20 or so years has not hated us but suddenly does hate us.....I mean, I don't want anyone to hate us. It's important to be liked, because in the Global High School setting, aka the U.N., being popular is our number one priority. *sigh* If people hate us so much, why are they climbing over fences and running in circles just to get here and have the privilege of living in our country?

Please, before you go off spouting half-, or non-researched verbiage, just do a little light reading and make sure what you're typing is at least halfway true. You gotta give me something I can work with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections