Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 05:31 PM

973 posts, read 2,229,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
He show leadership by not injecting presidential politics into the bailout.
Oh, I'm calling BS on this one. Obama: "McCain's reaction was Katrina-like." Please, McCain went to Washington to do whatever he could, and his initial statement was against a bailout. Obama on the other hand said.. "I'll let you know in a week on my stance with the financial crisis." Obama sounded more Katrina-like to me. How's that for not injecting presidential politics into the bailout?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 05:31 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,530 times
You need to do a google search and look at the ACORN impact's on the Community Reinvestment Act and the results it has brought about today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
In eight years the Republican leadership left the stock Market lower today than President Clinton's last day in Office.

WOW!!

Old 09-29-2008, 05:32 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post
LOL can't wait for Barack's next campaign ad!
It should be simple...Green letters, and three numbers. The DOW today, eight years ago, and the number 8.

He could toss in an eraser for good measure.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:33 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfjtm View Post
Oh, I'm calling BS on this one. Obama: "McCain's reaction was Katrina-like." Please, McCain went to Washington to do whatever he could, and his initial statement was against a bailout. Obama on the other hand said.. "I'll let you know in a week on my stance with the financial crisis." Obama sounded more Katrina-like to me. How's that for not injecting presidential politics into the bailout?
Seem like you are knee deep in BS to be calling anything, actually believing that McBush wasn't pulling a political stunt. Even republicans know it.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:34 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Where is the leadership of one Barack Obama?

During what everyone is calling a crisis or financial meltdown, Obama is no where to be found.

Nancy Pelosi could not even get her own party to vote for this bill that she wanted so badly.

Now for me, a real leader will jump up and stand out during times like this and get his/her voice heard.

Obama is no where to be found at all on this.

Is this what he will do as President by sitting around doing nothing and yet have the guts to criticize the rep for voting against it. Especially when 40 members of his own party voted against this.

Obama was nominated by his party to be the speaker of his party at several meetings and he declined to do so other then 2 sentences.

Where is his leadership, the dems could have got this passed on their own without any rep voting. They had the votes but Pelosi could not pull the vote.

So where is Obama at and what is he doing in Colorado in the time of need?

I know the normal McCain bashing will hit but McCain went to Washington and Obama did not want to go but caved into the pressure.

Now I wonder if Obama is so special why has he not stood up and did something?

He has shown me no leadership abilities at all and has not stepped up to the plate for all Americans.

No, you are wrong
Obama IS leading
he is leading folks to believe that he is THE ONE we have all been waiting for
he is leading folks to believe that he will end the war, when he has already said he will leave troops there
he is leading folks in thinking he will "give" them health insurance, when at this point we can not afford for anyone to get a cold
he is leading folks to believe he will not raise taxes, when he already has a failed tax plan that will drive more businesses to flee the country
he is leading folks to believe he is a uniter, when he has done nothing but divide
oh, yeah, he is a leader alright, but we can not afford his leadership!!

Old 09-29-2008, 05:35 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
You need to do a google search and look at the ACORN impact's on the Community Reinvestment Act and the results it has brought about today.

And how much Obama's fingerprints is all over this!!

Old 09-29-2008, 05:35 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
In eight years the Republican leadership left the stock Market lower today than President Clinton's last day in Office.

WOW!!
Ohhh...I think your DEMOCRATIC Congress can share some of that responsibility....there is more than enough to spread around and neither the Dems or Republicans can take all the blame on this.

The "get 125% of your homes value in a loan" type of living has caught up with those who needed all the toys and fun living on credit offered.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:36 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
he is leading folks in thinking he will "give" them health insurance, when at this point we can not afford for anyone to get a cold
Sure you can...you can afford $700,000Million for a bailout that Senator McCain is trying to claim victory for.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:37 PM

88,990 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
No, you are wrong
Obama IS leading
he is leading folks to believe that he is THE ONE we have all been waiting for
he is leading folks to believe that he will end the war, when he has already said he will leave troops there
he is leading folks to believe he will not raise taxes, when he already has a failed tax plan that will drive more businesses to flee the country
he is leading folks to believe he is a uniter, when he has done nothing but divide
oh, yeah, he is a leader alright, but we can not afford his leadership!!
And... everyone gets a PONY! Yay!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 05:38 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
Quote:
And how much Obama's fingerprints is all over this!!
His fingerprints are allllll over this!!!

THE MELTDOWN'S ACORN - New York Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections