Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:32 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,053,384 times

Advertisements

OH PULEEEZE!

Obama served as a legal advisor to Acorn! Are now in the business of lynching lawyers for the sinful activity of providing legal counsel to groups we don't agree with? Is this what this is coming to?

I just spent the last half an hour reading the screed on the National Review website and 99% of it is an attack on Acorn. The only issue raised about Obama was his "training and advising" the group. Personally, I know for a fact that every group from the Klan, who by the way have been defended by the ACLU to the every anti-war group ask for legal advice and training so that they can legally express themselves, however odiously, within the parameters of the Constitution.

I recall this kind of witch hunt after the O.J. Simpson case when Johnny Cockran was selectively excoriated for having defended Simpson. I say selectively because no one excoriated the lawyers for William Calley, 500 dean and American in shock, nor do I recall anyone excoriating the attorneys who defended Scooter Libby.

I find it once again strange, desperate and mendacious for those who claim to be patriots and lovers of the Constitution to argue that the most basic Constitutional protection, the right to be defended by counsel is such an abhorrent thing when the defendant isn't someone of our political liking.

Get over yourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 10:41 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,053,384 times
PS - For thinking individuals, be aware that this is the latest desperate talking point of the McCain campaign. Knowing that they are sinking in the polls daily and the bankruptcy of their arguments (literally), the Republicans have been urging McCain all day to re-ignite the Rev Wright, Ayers non-controversy. If this doesn't reestablish how out of touch McCain, the Republicans, and the knownothings on the internet are nothing can.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:43 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,484,108 times
Maybe Palin's earpiece will malfunction and we will hear her shouting "Give me another pint!"

Old 10-01-2008, 10:49 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,103,857 times
More non-sense from the right.....Give it up already....Can't until Nov 5th when Obama becomes President Elect and then these repubs will finally shut the hell up....then again Sanrene still trolls these boards....

Old 10-02-2008, 12:10 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,674,323 times
Maybe Pres. Bush can pardon Obama for all his criminal acts along with this lawsuit. If he does he probably can wait until Nov. 5th so Obama can go back to Chicago and help make it worst.

America doesn't want a communism President, only communist want him as President!

I still cannot believe anyone would vote for this man after all we know about him.

Are you people blind or what?

Or are you waiting for handouts and freebies? There has to be something you think you are getting because only totally confused people would go for this man.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:07 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,315,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Maybe Pres. Bush can pardon Obama for all his criminal acts along with this lawsuit. If he does he probably can wait until Nov. 5th so Obama can go back to Chicago and help make it worst.

America doesn't want a communism President, only communist want him as President!

I still cannot believe anyone would vote for this man after all we know about him.

Are you people blind or what?

Or are you waiting for handouts and freebies? There has to be something you think you are getting because only totally confused people would go for this man.
There are so many baseless charges in this post, you barely have room for conjunctions...

I'll be voting for Obama, happily, in a month. I am neither a communist, nor blind, nor confused, nor seeking handouts.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:08 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,413,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by batrice View Post
I have been in several forums today and have noticed posts about Sen. Obama being indicted, does anybody know about these malicious rumors?
Email garbage, just like everything else they try. It ain't gonna happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections