U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 05:58 PM

16,248 posts, read 21,335,607 times

Advertisements

Well according to Rush Limbaugh I am now a conservative!! I think I am still a LIBERAL however. Why does he think I am a conservative? I guess it is because of my deeply held belief that people ought to pay for what they get and not saddle my kids with the cost. And I deeply think the Wall Street bailout is BS and I am not for handing $700 billion or more to a bunch of bankers and send the bill to my kids!
I also highly resent the way this is being done. We have politicians tripping all over themselves to bail out the rich. The same ones who sat on their asses while poor folks in New Orleans drowned or died in hospitals without power or medications.
I have a 401K too and yes, 50% of it is in the S&P indexed fund. And today I took a bath. But it is a bath I am willing to take if it means cleaning the sewage out of Wall Street. I will pay the price so my kids don't have to pay for our screw ups.
Everybody except for the banks and Wall Street tycoons should be infuriated by this mess. It is time we said NO to the special interest and the rich and powerful. If this bailout is so good, then let's have the tax increases to pay for it NOW and not later. If taxpayers think this is important, we should be willing to pay for it.
To me, it is just like National Health. I am for National Health but if having means I go to the doctor today and my kid gets the bill in 10 years, no thank you. We should pay for what we want now.
Does this make me a conservative??? Nawwwww
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 06:02 PM

7,208 posts, read 8,384,000 times
Dennis Kucinich, hardly a conservative, voted against the bill along with 94 other Democrats. Limbaugh is a pill popping gas bag.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:03 PM

9,224 posts, read 15,946,018 times
I think the bailout is BS too and I am not a conservative. Rush took the blue pill.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:07 PM

5,697 posts, read 5,459,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Well according to Rush Limbaugh I am now a conservative!! I think I am still a LIBERAL however. Why does he think I am a conservative? I guess it is because of my deeply held belief that people ought to pay for what they get and not saddle my kids with the cost. And I deeply think the Wall Street bailout is BS and I am not for handing $700 billion or more to a bunch of bankers and send the bill to my kids!
I also highly resent the way this is being done. We have politicians tripping all over themselves to bail out the rich. The same ones who sat on their asses while poor folks in New Orleans drowned or died in hospitals without power or medications.
I have a 401K too and yes, 50% of it is in the S&P indexed fund. And today I took a bath. But it is a bath I am willing to take if it means cleaning the sewage out of Wall Street. I will pay the price so my kids don't have to pay for our screw ups.
Everybody except for the banks and Wall Street tycoons should be infuriated by this mess. It is time we said NO to the special interest and the rich and powerful. If this bailout is so good, then let's have the tax increases to pay for it NOW and not later. If taxpayers think this is important, we should be willing to pay for it.
To me, it is just like National Health. I am for National Health but if having means I go to the doctor today and my kid gets the bill in 10 years, no thank you. We should pay for what we want now.

kev
how do you think I was feeling this year when I woke up to what crap
the democrats and the dnc have been pulling
oh how my sister laughed when I told her "hell was freezing over" because I was voting for Mccain, LOL

Old 09-29-2008, 06:07 PM

12,870 posts, read 13,147,322 times
Quote:

well, you might be starting to head in the right direction! who said conservatives aren't for national health care? they just don't want it run by the government. we are all in agreement that the bailout was not good and we are happy that it did not happen. we don't need more taxes if the bailout did not happen!

Old 09-29-2008, 06:08 PM

17,700 posts, read 35,635,365 times
Wasn't McCain gung ho for the plan????

Old 09-29-2008, 06:11 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,645,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Dennis Kucinich, hardly a conservative, voted against the bill along with 94 other Democrats. Limbaugh is a pill popping gas bag.
ask any democrat on this board, that is mccains fault, lol

Old 09-29-2008, 06:12 PM

5,697 posts, read 5,459,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Wasn't McCain gung ho for the plan????

no, he was not
he worked to try and get it passed after it had some revisions to help protect taxpayers
he said he would hold his nose and vote for it

Old 09-29-2008, 06:13 PM

2,428 posts, read 3,431,586 times
Quote:
I definitely agree w/ you on the bailout. If it was truly dire that it had to be passed, then either A) raise the taxes to pay for it, since we are already running a 9+ Trillion deficit, or B) cut the $700 Billion dollars out of other spending, ie (pull the troops from Iraq), (cut out all earmark spending), end welfare, and other cuts (paycuts for the Congress and Senate).

Old 09-29-2008, 06:14 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,631,915 times
No McCain was not gung ho for the bill, but tried to make it acceptable as opposed to what the Dems originally offered. I think both Obama and McCain gave equally weak support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections