Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:15 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiora View Post
This video is sickening. Where do those parents think we are? Venezuela? Cuba? Russia? I bet they would be shocked by the same stunt pulled by other parents supporting McCain, having their children sing for the Dear Leader's health. Indoctrination, Thy name is Obama Supporters.
I agree. As a parent, I'd be royally ticked if my kid's teacher was recruiting kids at school to appear in a partisan video, even if I supported the same candidate. That's NOT her place and I hope the school reprimands her. This is going way too far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 10:22 PM

702 posts, read 2,295,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
How does this make you feel?
YouTube - Kids For McCain

Let me guess...warm and fuzzy?
The last kid sounded like he said "I want to vote for John McCain because he's a Republican Jew"

Old 10-01-2008, 10:24 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,137,912 times
I waited to watch the video because I didn't really want to see it. I went ahead and watched it and I'm kind of sorry.

A friend (a mother) and I were just talking about this...how you don't push politics onto your kids like that unless it's absolutely necessary. There was nothing about this that was necessary. Those kids don't understand the issues. They shouldn't have to--they're kids. Why should they be concerning themselves with this? And of course I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be if someone weren't forcing them to.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:27 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
How about when it's been used against Bush? Is it melodramatic then?
(shrug) I don't know. I've never compared Bush to Hitler. I can't see where the comparison lies.

Bush is an idiot and careless with people's lives, and an ex-druggie and a sober alcoholic, and a liar/cheat, but I don't think he's Hitler.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:55 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citygal1 View Post
I was leaning towards Obama because McCain seems so inadequate. Then I saw this video and I was alarmed. It was just like North Korean kids worshiping their Dear Leader! Frightening!

YouTube - Obama Kids: Sing for Change (Pyongyang Remix)

Old 10-06-2008, 09:32 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,555,044 times
Good Lord, you Repubs are desperate. OMG, kids singing for Obama are communist or Hitler youth. (Oh, and can you make up your mind which he is since the ideologies are very diametrically opposed to one another)

Why is it if someone is an Obama supporter they're a cult member, but when they're for McCain they're thinking for themselves in your eyes? Because they agree with what YOU want? That's much more of cultish mindset then anything else.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:54 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,390,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mappy View Post
Good Lord, you Repubs are desperate. OMG, kids singing for Obama are communist or Hitler youth. (Oh, and can you make up your mind which he is since the ideologies are very diametrically opposed to one another)

Why is it if someone is an Obama supporter they're a cult member, but when they're for McCain they're thinking for themselves in your eyes? Because they agree with what YOU want? That's much more of cultish mindset then anything else.
Mister Mappy, have you had a few too many beers at Piece? They are clouding your vision. These are children, they should not be used as pawns. That idelogy should be one we can all agree on.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:56 AM

571 posts, read 1,302,809 times
I don't understand what the big deal is here. So a teacher "recruited" some students for this video. Do we know that the students were dragged by their hair? Were they forced to participate?

Also, these are obviously older kids. The way people were talking, I thought the video would be of a bunch of toddlers.

So, it's OK for really young kids to recite the Pledge of Allegiance and chant along with various creeds at church, but some older kids can't appear in this video? I don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections