Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 11:24 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,962 times

Advertisements

VP debate moderator Ifill releasing pro-Obama book Am I the only one stunned at the absolute most blatant bias with a financial conflict of interest in the outcome of this election? And she's moderating the VP debate? Where's the outrage? BTW, this has nothing to do with Biden or Palin, this is purely an issue with objectivity (or the apparently lack of it) with the moderator. It will be interesting to see what the moderator does at the debate...

I just love this quote from her: "I assume there will always be critics and just shut out the noise. It is surprisingly easy." Can you believe this?

For the Obama cool-aid drinkers, I'll save you the effort and energy and type your responses already, for your convenience:

- This has been posted already, nothing to see here
- Well, Faux News does the same thing
- Obama is an intelligent person and will lead us into the next 4 years
- McSame approved this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 08:20 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Gwen Ifill says she hasnt even written the Obama chapter for her book yet - to be published Jan. 20, 2009.

Dont believe those right wing lies!

The Associated Press: Questions raised about moderator's impartiality

Old 10-01-2008, 08:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
What...again?

Or am I seeing double? (Triple?)

Hasn't this been argued and whined about like 100 times already?

Old 10-01-2008, 08:23 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Well, I really dont think either Biden or Palin are black.

So whats the problem here again?

Old 10-01-2008, 08:25 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
All right, so listen. For all the b * tching and crying on here about this, didn't you know about this woman a week or two ago? Who have you complained to (besides a bunch of strangers on CityData)? Who have you written to in a position of power/influence? E-mailed? What attempts have you made to change to a different moderator? It's the eleventh hour now. The debate is tomorrow. You had a chance to do something about it besides whine.

And now it is what it is.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:47 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,982,634 times
Within a week of Palin being asked to be VP, on September 4th, there was an article in the conservative Washington post about Gwen Ifill's book. This is not new news. Why suddenly is it such a problem? It's obvious that those in the Republican party who are supposed to be looking for this kind of stuff just didn't look and didn't find it until about this time yesterday. The news was already out there.

Ifill's Book is no Secret | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Old 10-01-2008, 08:51 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,692 times
Oh yes, the liberal bias of the commentator from the Macleher News Hour. Come on! Just because she's black she's automatically biased? The news about this book came out in July, so McCain's campaign has certainly had enough time to complain about this made up conflict of interest before now. Not that I think there is any merit to any of the complaints. This woman is reasoned, highly respected and a total professional, she would not ruin her image to get in a few good jabs at Palin unfairly -- meaning unless she does the same things to Biden. Now if Palin digs herself a hole, dont expect anyone in the legitimate media to avoid it just because Palin will whine about media or gender bias. Wah wah wah! Get a backbone Palin.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:53 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,043,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
- This has been posted already, nothing to see here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
What...again?

Or am I seeing double? (Triple?)

Hasn't this been argued and whined about like 100 times already?
Don't you get it? If you admit it is redundant in the OP then you can rehash it - it's a freebie. I think that's in the TOS.

From the department of redundancy department.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:09 PM

532 posts, read 859,205 times
Greta Van Susterin said on her show this evening, that she has been getting tons of calls and emails all day from people who are outraged that this woman is hosting the debate. She said that many are from lawyers, who say it is very unethical that she didn't recuse herself from this position. Mccain, however didn't think it would be a problem, even tho he was unaware of her book until after the fact. Who knows. It would seem that there could be a bit of bias, and would be better if someone else took her place, who was not prejudiced for either side. Maybe she isn't, but, afterall her book is pro-Obama, I hear.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:13 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
The repubs keep bringing this up because of McCain's blatant and COWARDLY attempt to change the rules of the debate to suit the braindead SaraTodd, the tender, weak , hot house flower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections