U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-01-2008, 04:11 PM

5,032 posts, read 3,740,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
This is long so I'll break it up...

"The high office of President has been used to foment a plot to destroy the American's freedom, and before I leave office I must inform the citizen of his plight."

~John F. Kennedy, at Columbia University,
10 days before his assassination
JFK never said anything like this. That you think he did is testament to your susceptibility to right-wing propaganda. Nothing you say or post here can be trusted. Your the type of person who ends up wandering the streets with tin-foil hats, warning everybody of nonexistent threats and talking to yourself.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 04:14 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,304,325 times
My tin foil works just fine...

Historical Documents and Speeches - Historic Quotes From Famous People (http://browser.grik.net/www.historicaldocuments.com//HistoricQuotes.htm - broken link)

Old 11-01-2008, 04:16 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,871,027 times
A thousand points of light! Ring a bell anyone?

He doesn't call for a "paramilitary force", only for a force of volunteers, Peach Corps, Teacher Corps, Americorp, etc that would RIVAL IN SIZE (not firepower) the US military.

You can tell it's only 3 days out. Next thing Rush will kidnap Hannity and blame it on Obama.

golfgod

Old 11-01-2008, 04:22 PM

11,390 posts, read 17,480,844 times
All Rush needs to do is drug Hannity with some grey-market pills and it'd be easy.

Old 11-01-2008, 04:27 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,304,325 times
What does this have to do with the topic? My family comes from Cuba so maybe I've researched this a bit more. At one time, a young Castro said something similar to what is being said today.

Old 11-01-2008, 04:31 PM

260 posts, read 31,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
"Obama calls for civilian Paramilitary force"

OMG it is the SS!

Nazi Germany all over again!

The SS grew from a small paramilitary unit to an elite force that served as the Führer's "Praetorian Guard," the Nazi Party's "Shield Squadron" and a force with as much political influence as the regular German armed forces.

Schutzstaffel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

what do you think he wants it for?
The leftys think he is gonna bring the troops home from Iraq , but he knows our troops are patriots.

He wants his own version of the SS , or KUDS , or Elite Republican Guard ( saddam's regime ) to control an unruly population who slowly realize that they are being oppressed , and he will move our troops to Afghanistan to get them thinned down after he cuts funding for them.

He has already suggested youth camps way back in the primaries and no one noticed or cared ( except me )

there are distinct parallels to Nazi Germany and Stalinist Russia there.

Old 11-01-2008, 04:32 PM

703 posts, read 513,979 times
You people are hysterical -- and I mean this in the strictest literal sense.

What happened to the good old days when the far left had the market cornered on lunatics?

Old 11-01-2008, 04:40 PM

8,633 posts, read 16,249,839 times
It still remains to be seen. I don't doubt Obama would do this. He's already promised to save the world. If he wins, I'm holding him to it. He's set such high standards for himself, messianic standards at that.

Old 11-01-2008, 04:43 PM

703 posts, read 513,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
It still remains to be seen. I don't doubt Obama would do this. He's already promised to save the world. If he wins, I'm holding him to it. He's set such high standards for himself, messianic standards at that.
He said he was going to save the world?

That's funny, because I don't remember him saying he was going to save anything.

Hyperbole isn't effective unless used gently and sparingly and has some grain of truth to it.

Otherwise you may come off sounding a bit unhinged.

Old 11-01-2008, 04:53 PM

260 posts, read 31,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
JFK never said anything like this. That you think he did is testament to your susceptibility to right-wing propaganda. Nothing you say or post here can be trusted. Your the type of person who ends up wandering the streets with tin-foil hats, warning everybody of nonexistent threats and talking to yourself.

I would like a direct quote with references on that one, myself.
I do not doubt that JFK could have said that I just do not remember it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections