Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 08:14 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,846,914 times

Advertisements

Five weeks out and it's time to crank up the old slime machine to spit out the really ugly ads. Whether it's the Senatorial or House Campaign Committees or the 527s (NRA particularly) it's obscenely funny what lies some voters will fall for.

Living in a battleground state, thought to be solidly red until recentlyin a purple county where the caricature Republican Rep is falling in the polls and a Senate seat that looks like it'll go D, I get to see them all.

Here's a sampling of what I see on a daily basis, and am expected to believe:

1. A sitting US Congressman (currently up about 8 points against his R opponent in the Senate race) is drinking buddies with Osama Bin Laden and Kim Ill Jong, none of our troops have body armor because he keeps voting it down and he never wanted to go into Afghanistan.

2. If elected, Obama will PERSONALLY drive around in his (liberal) limousine to kick in my door and confiscate my handguns. Just like Bush's war in Iraq there are NO DETAILS about how he'll do this. I guess I'm expected to believe that he can, at about 1 or 2 houses per hour, working 16 hours a day, 7 days a week (he may be a Muslim, but he'll even work on their holy days), he can probably get to 11,000 houses per year. Statistically I feel safer about that than I do knowing that there's way too many mental defectives, sometimes off their meds, walking around with "cop killer" bullets in their weapons.

I know this stuff works on "low information) voters. But I figure that the people who think the dinosaurs were still around, helping Adam and Eve plow the fields, were never going to vote D anyway.

The funny thing is that it's generating "blowback" against some of these clowns. I tried to volunteer at my local Obama office yesterday and they told me I'd have to bring a chair and my cell phone, every seat was taken and every phone in use.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 08:43 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
As Obama opposes the private ownership of firearms he is obviously anti-2nd Amendment.

He opposes the right to carry a concealed weapon,except of course for a 'special class' of people....

He is simply a typical leftist.

Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions

• Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:
  • Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
  • Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
  • Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.
Source: 1998 IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test Jul 2, 1998
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections