Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 09:45 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,487 times

Advertisements

Some people in these forums are as stupid as Sarah Palin. How freaking stupid do you have to be not to be able to name prime papers such as USA Today, WSJ, Washington Post, LA Times and such. Sarah Palin is a freaking idiot - There is no excuse for failing to answer a simple question like that. Talking about Couric is stupid, Couric is a bad Journalist. Geez, America really got a long way to go especially when it nominates a potential VP who doesn't even read or perhaps know any newspapers. She could at least meantioned some paper from Alaska.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

2,260 posts, read 3,880,656 times
Couric has been hostile with Sarah from the get go, Hopefully she is getting the answers she wants because it is her techniques guiding the interview.

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Couric is stupid. I don't know why people even watch her. All she does is play gotcha so now she gets stupid answers. No politician should take her questions seriously.
Then why did Grampa drag SaraTodd back!!!!

Repubs: Blame the person who poses the question....and leave the "tough" pitbull totally free of any personal RESPONSIBILITY!

Old 10-01-2008, 09:48 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
She probably can't remember the names of those either.
Maybe, or maybe not, but it would have been a legitimate answer. Her non-answer is problematic, because the question wasn't a "gotcha!" question, it was to get a little insight into Sarah Palin. I know she's feeling beat up by the media right now, and she's on the defensive. That's what the remark about Alaska/microcosm was, a defensive response. But it's an innocuous question, not a slam. I think she's better than this, she didn't get to be Governor of Alaska without being comfortable talking to people, taking questions, and thinking on her feet. Hopefully, when this debate is done with she'll be able to take a deep breath and relax again.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:49 AM

2,039 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal Force View Post
McCain is done.
I don't know about that. I live in Pittsburgh and can tell you many people here will vote for McCain - because he's white! I'm killing myself here trying to get out the vote and canvass, but some people just can't see past the color of his skin. I've actually had one guy say to me, after I told him that Barack is half white, "Oh really? Well maybe he's not that bad then." I almost sh*t my pants right then and there!

If you are for Obama, PLEASE PLEASE go to your nearest democrat headquarters and get a lawn sign. PLEASE PLEASE let people know you are not the only one voting for Obama.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:50 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
Some people in these forums are as stupid as Sarah Palin. How freaking stupid do you have to be not to be able to name prime papers such as USA Today, WSJ, Washington Post, LA Times and such. Sarah Palin is a freaking idiot - There is no excuse for failing to answer a simple question like that. Talking about Couric is stupid, Couric is a bad Journalist. Geez, America really got a long way to go especially when it nominates a potential VP who doesn't even read or perhaps know any newspapers. She could at least meantioned some paper from Alaska.
You folks really believe that Palin is THAT stupid and can't name newspapers? Even a 5th grader can name newspapers. It is a stupid question.

The only crime that Palin commits again and again is that she is not convincing to anybody.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:50 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Couric is a bad journalist. It is her job to make her guest comfortable so she will open up to get an in depth interview. Playing "gothca" with your guest is a sure way to get them to clam up
OMG, is 'gotcha' now the new excuse for 'I don't know'? If you don't want to be asked questions, don't agree to an interview. As a journalism major, I would think Palin would have been taught, lectured, maybe given a book or two on interiewing techniques. No new interviewing methods were used when she has been asked questions. The only problem is she has NO answers, none, nada, zippo, ...

Every interview with Palin has been a 'gotcha' sports event. As much fun as I'm having watching her gaffes, I do pity the woman. I pity her older children even more. I can only image the jokes they have to hear/endure from their peers about their mother's ineptness.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:52 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,856 times
Quote:
She will fail the debate. If she can't convice you and the rest with her answers, then she failed. PERIOD.
You know what? If she answers the questions with coherent, complete sentences which are only marginally related to the topic at hand, I will consider this a win for her.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:56 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,487 times
Quote:
You folks really believe that Palin is THAT stupid and can't name newspapers? Even a 5th grader can name newspapers. It is a stupid question.
How hard was it for her to say "I occasionally read the Washington Post or USA Today on line"....it was a simple question that needed a simple answer. When someone asks you to specifically name something.....you just can't respond by saying 'a vast majority'.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:56 AM

27 posts, read 56,586 times
I agree that Katie Couric is not a great journalist, and so why did Sarah Palin and Mccain campaign choose her? Because she doesn't really ask the real tough questions, she asks questions that could easily be answered and understood by the American people. If she was interviewed by real political journalist, she would be ripped apart and then some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections