Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 08:02 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OK, theme of this thread is:

The republicans will pull any underhanded trick to win this election including having the rules changed to suit their unsuitable VP candidate....HEY, this is what you can look forward to if this DynamicDuo of Dopes gets elected...whine, change the rules, whine some more, change the rules...these two are incompetent cry babies....why doesn't that WASTE OF SPACE SARATODD JUST HAVE A PRESS CONFERENCE...WHAT THEY WANT IS not a debate!!!!!!!!!!!

COWARDS!!!!!
Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 08:19 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
I posted this in another thread, but feel it's important enough to warrant its own thread:

McCain, Obama agree on presidential debate format | You Decide 2008

So, basically, McCain/Palin insisted that the format of the VP debate allow Palin to have a greater opportunity to stick to her canned, flashcard-memorized responses, without having to infuse any off-the-cuff, actual personal knowledge into any of her answers.

Due to her "debate camp" cram session this week, and the changed format of the VP debate, Palin may actually not end up humiliating herself. Too bad she and her handlers weren't confident enough in any knowledge she may have of the issues or her perceived (on their part) political prowess, to let her engage in a loose debate format.

Oh well, I guess we'll all have to settle for predictable, softball questions with rehearsed responses...
true, and when she gets flustered she can just yell sexism (though Mccain will speak for her). Sickening and truly sad. She sets professional women back 60 years.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:22 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Just so you all know, apologies if it's been posted -

Gwen Ifill says she hasnt even written the Obama chapter for her book yet - to be published Jan. 20, 2009.

Dont believe those right wing lies!

The Associated Press: Questions raised about moderator's impartiality

Carry on.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:01 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
It's true, Gwen Ifill DID fall and break her ankle even though no moose was involved.

Instead of whining, crying,blubbering and asking for mercy like McCain and SaraTodd did...she will be there!

SHE is no coward !

Old 10-02-2008, 12:12 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
It's true, Gwen Ifill DID fall and break her ankle even though no moose was involved.

Instead of whining, crying,blubbering and asking for mercy like McCain and SaraTodd did...she will be there!

SHE is no coward !
I'm surprised McCain didn't attempt to have the debate postponed on behalf of Ifill's broken ankle.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:21 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
I'm surprised McCain didn't attempt to have the debate postponed on behalf of Ifill's broken ankle.
Well maybe he's starting to realize that not all women are delicate little wimpy hot house flowers like his VP candidate??????

Old 10-02-2008, 01:44 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,527,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Um, the moderator, or host wrote a pro-Obama book just published. She stands to loose over $2 million on book sales if Obama looses the election. Who do you think she is going to pitch softballs too? Hmmm. Yet despite this, McCain said let the moderator / host set the format and pitch for the debate.

It is also amazing to me that Biden puts his foot in his mouth on a daily basis yet nobody talks about it for more then a few hours then it is gone. Palin does it a few times and you all ride her for life? Give me a break! She is human.
Wow, some of the posts like this are weak. Even if that was true, I don't see a big issue with this. Obama has had all sorts of hardball and dumb questions thrown at him, like the debates with Hillary and has been on the scene for almost 18 months. Palin has been on the national scene for about 1 month?
Yea, she's unknown, she should get some hard ?'s.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:55 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Wow, some of the posts like this are weak.
I agree.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:06 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,946,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Gwen Ifill says she hasnt even written the Obama chapter for her book yet.
That's smart. The story is still unfolding and major things will happen in the next several weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections