U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 06:05 PM

12,566 posts, read 12,859,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
so why dont you drop out of this forum?
We will have a winner in November regardless of what happens...
Because:

a. These are two different issues.
b. Discussing who will be next President of the United States warrants, to my mind anyway (apparently not yours), just a bit more discussion than, say, "How come there's a crease in that birth certificate? It's obviously a fake!" and other such desperation commentary.
c. I like to laugh, and nothing right now is so jab-worthy as this election...and the way certain people jump all around like they're on fire over the most idiotic, insignificant things. It's like an ongoing, everyday SNL skit except with real people.

Do you have any other questions?

Do any of them have to do with the topic? Even loosely, I mean. Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 06:09 PM

5,137 posts, read 11,769,531 times
uhhh sure.

I didn't know we needed your permission to have a debate about his nationality or credentials. It may not be important to YOU, but it is important to a lot of people. If it wasn't then this would've been a 1 post thread.

I see 10 Palin threads about garbage....and you want to pick this one to scold everyone lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Because:

a. These are two different issues.
b. Discussing who will be next President of the United States warrants, to my mind anyway (apparently not yours), just a bit more discussion than, say, "How come there's a crease in that birth certificate? It's obviously a fake!" and other such desperation commentary.
c. I like to laugh, and nothing right now is so jab-worthy as this election...and the way certain people jump all around like they're on fire over the most idiotic, insignificant things. It's like an ongoing, everyday SNL skit except with real people.

Do you have any other questions?

Do any of them have to do with the topic? Even loosely, I mean. Just curious.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:12 PM

12,566 posts, read 12,859,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
uhhh sure.

I didn't know we needed your permission to have a debate about his nationality or credentials.
You don't. (shrug) You can argue about this for another 20 pages, as far as I know (I don't know what the terms are on here about cutting off threads at a certain length or anything). And by the same token, I have every right to express my opinion, which is exactly as I stated it: This is an AWFUL lot of running around and freaking out to "prove" or "disprove" something that you can't prove or disprove. Only three pieces of evidence can, and they'll appear of they won't (personally I'm sure they will).

That's my opinion on the matter; what exactly was your problem with that, again? My opinion is hurting you how, exactly?

Old 10-02-2008, 06:15 PM

5,137 posts, read 11,769,531 times
let us debate! lol

I see your point, but this is one crazy election.
History is going to happen no matter who gets voted in, and everyone is jittery.

Quote:
You don't. (shrug) You can argue about this for another 20 pages, as far as I know (I don't know what the terms are on here about cutting off threads at a certain length or anything). And by the same token, I have every right to express my opinion, which is exactly as I stated it: This is an AWFUL lot of running around and freaking out to "prove" or "disprove" something that you can't prove or disprove. Only three pieces of evidence can, and they'll appear of they won't (personally I'm sure they will).

That's my opinion on the matter; what exactly was your problem with that, again? My opinion is hurting you how, exactly?

Old 10-02-2008, 06:15 PM

23,901 posts, read 19,988,856 times
Quote:

It will last until McCain gets a lead in the polls then it will be about Obama tanking and dropping off the ticket so Hillary can step on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections