Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:42 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,675,669 times

Advertisements

I would not shake the hand of a traitor either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 11:46 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,382,358 times
So Obama crossed over into enemy territory.

So this is the start of working together and crossing party lines or is it the continuation of division with statements like this?

Old 10-02-2008, 11:50 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,520,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubytue View Post
But as president, he will have to meet with people far worse than Obama. Is he going to show this same disrespect when meeting with other world leaders he may not agree with? Did Regan show this kind of disrespect to Gorby? Did Nixon snear at the Chinese leaders when he went to China? Obviously, I haven't seen this encounter, but I saw the disdain, disrespect, and anger in the debates. I saw McCain reluctantly shake hand before/after the debate. Part of diplomacy is being able to "fake" emotions, or at least suppress what you really think and feel, so that you can negotiate.
"Far worse than Obama?"

What, is this guy a foreign dictator or an Islamist?

Old 10-02-2008, 12:18 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,681,081 times
THis is certainly a moment to remember...Obama actually crossing over to the right to reach out....brings tears to my eyes. This is a first for him.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:22 PM

47,850 posts, read 21,874,575 times
Obama is certainly a class act and McCain's borish behavior, didnt add to or detract from his innate quality. It is immediately apparent.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:26 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,675,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
THis is certainly a moment to remember...Obama actually crossing over to the right to reach out....brings tears to my eyes. This is a first for him.
Wow, you are the only one to see this, this is a first for him.

He will never work with people who do not agree with him, so how can he ever be President if he think he knows it all and will not listen to the other side.

Class person my a$$, he has no class. He was never taught right or wrong either. He was taught to force people to do things and how to manipulate those who disagree with you.

Again, who would shake the hand of a TRAITOR? How soon the loons forget he tried to sell us out behind out backs.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:26 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,922,989 times
It's just more fuel for the fire tha McCain is out of his league.

Americans respect a person that can walk over to someone and be civil in the face of profound disagreement.

Do the 20% of extreme right wing America take joy in McCain's rudeness?

Sure they do.

They're haters. They think it's macho to disrepect your opponent.

Good for them!...... After November they can go back to being the minority party that ******* about everything under the sun.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:31 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,511,513 times
let's face it McCain is a spoiled Military brat whereas Obama has always been a class act. I think he has Post Traumautic Stress Disorder.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:33 PM

502 posts, read 932,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
It's just more fuel for the fire tha McCain is out of his league.

Americans respect a person that can walk over to someone and be civil in the face of profound disagreement.

Do the 20% of extreme right wing America take joy in McCain's rudeness?

Sure they do.

They're haters. They think it's macho to disrepect your opponent.

Good for them!...... After November they can go back to being the minority party that ******* about everything under the sun.

Last time I checked, the dems are the ones that wnat everyone to live in misery. They preach the world is coming to an end, and the only way to survive is let the government hold your hand. Conservatives dont *****, they fix the problems, dems just talk, hence the reason they have a 12% approval rating. Nice try though

Old 10-02-2008, 12:34 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,520,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Wow, you are the only one to see this, this is a first for him.

He will never work with people who do not agree with him, so how can he ever be President if he think he knows it all and will not listen to the other side.

Class person my a$$, he has no class. He was never taught right or wrong either. He was taught to force people to do things and how to manipulate those who disagree with you.

Again, who would shake the hand of a TRAITOR? How soon the loons forget he tried to sell us out behind out backs.
Do you actually believe any of this malarkey?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections