Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 05:25 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcanaduh View Post
pubs are taxcut and spend.

maybe that's why America is in such a mess.

Wake up clueless one.

You need taxes to pay the bills. You're 10 trillion dollars in debt. Duh.

Actually, when this bailout bill passes the House (which it probably will this time), we will be in debt to the tune of 11.3 TRILLION...

Taxcut and spend sure don't work...

HubbleRules
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 05:26 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Tax and spend liberal lies to get elected

thats what you are reading at obamas site
Hmmm... Tax Foundation notes both candidates tax plans will see 62-63 Million folks with zero Tax liability. Senator Obama appears to have a much more thought out Economic plan for job creation.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:34 PM

550 posts, read 1,234,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
Actually, when this bailout bill passes the House (which it probably will this time), we will be in debt to the tune of 11.3 TRILLION...

Taxcut and spend sure don't work...

HubbleRules
From George Washington to Reagan the USA went $1 trillion in debt. From Reagan to G. I. George you went another $10 trillion in debt.

That's $10 trillion in 28 years.

The USA pays over $400 billion a year just in interest payments and simpletons like Pubs are calling for a tax cut.

Simply amazing.

McCindy claims this is the most important election in our lifetime. And it is. Yet he selects Britney Spears to be his VP and possibly the next president.

A person would have to be totally clueless to vote for McCindy.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:46 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Who cares about "plans." Most of us could write one. You have to vote for someone you believe will actually ACCOMPLISH something positive.
Are you kidding me? You'd listen to "I'm going to get this done but I'm not going to tell you how...so just trust me"? They darned well BETTER have a plan. Each of them. Obama has outlined his. I don't believe McCain has totally ignored this or anything...he does keep saying he'll cut spending. He just doesn't say where and he doesn't mention that if it's internal spending he's cutting, he'll lose former or potential cronies and he'll be as close to blacklisted as a president can unofficially get, and if he means cutting out programs, there will be masses of protestors and freaking out all around. But he does say he'll cut spending so that's a start...

I can't believe you would literally sit back and blindly trust that McCain will do "something" without even knowing what the hell that is. That just blew my mind. Listen. Voter's Info 101. Lesson One: These are politicians. They don't love you. Even with the best of intentions they don't want to please you exclusively. They don't literally want to sit down at your kitchen table and have coffee with you. They want to run an entire country. That amounts to extremely complex and not necessarily snappy-happy (in any one given person's opinion) decisions. You "trust" that good ol' McCain loves you personally and wants to help your family? Come on. DEMAND ANSWERS from your candidate. DEMAND to know what he intends to DO about the economy and about ANY OTHER ISSUE THAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU. How can anyone bury his or her head in the sand this way???

Old 10-02-2008, 06:16 PM

52 posts, read 79,628 times
If obama gets half of the new programs he wants how is he going to pay for it.
Its like health care there is no way to make a budget for it theres no way of knowing how many will get sick from week to week.
His health care plan will cost us trillions of $'s

On avg. it takes 1hr to see a doctor at the ER if this plan happens you could go to the ER with your leg cut off and it may take 2 or 3hrs to see a doctor.

His plans will cost us trillions you can tax 100% of americans to death and still not pay for every thing in his plans.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:35 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Are you kidding me? You'd listen to "I'm going to get this done but I'm not going to tell you how...so just trust me"? They darned well BETTER have a plan. Each of them. Obama has outlined his. I don't believe McCain has totally ignored this or anything...he does keep saying he'll cut spending. He just doesn't say where and he doesn't mention that if it's internal spending he's cutting, he'll lose former or potential cronies and he'll be as close to blacklisted as a president can unofficially get, and if he means cutting out programs, there will be masses of protestors and freaking out all around. But he does say he'll cut spending so that's a start...

I can't believe you would literally sit back and blindly trust that McCain will do "something" without even knowing what the hell that is. That just blew my mind. Listen. Voter's Info 101. Lesson One: These are politicians. They don't love you. Even with the best of intentions they don't want to please you exclusively. They don't literally want to sit down at your kitchen table and have coffee with you. They want to run an entire country. That amounts to extremely complex and not necessarily snappy-happy (in any one given person's opinion) decisions. You "trust" that good ol' McCain loves you personally and wants to help your family? Come on. DEMAND ANSWERS from your candidate. DEMAND to know what he intends to DO about the economy and about ANY OTHER ISSUE THAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU. How can anyone bury his or her head in the sand this way???
Obama accomplished nothing during his many years in Chicago and Il politics. What makes you think he is going to jump out of a phone booth with his cape on and suddenly spring into action if he is elected?

Old 10-02-2008, 06:52 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Obama takes jis orders from the chicago democratic machine .Teddy kennedy is is main sponsor;so same oold washington politcs.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:59 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Obama takes jis orders from the chicago democratic machine .Teddy kennedy is is main sponsor;so same oold washington politcs.
So wait is Obama listening to the Chicago machine, the Massachusetts senator, or the washington insiders? If your gonna make an absurd claim at least try not to contradict yourself.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:03 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Although I had never read his economic plan, I decided to take a look at it today and I do not think it is all that bad. I do not believe in a lot of the Democratic ideas: high taxes, social programs, nanny state etc but in my opinion, his economic plan is much better than Mc Cain's. I am not voting or supporting either candidate but at least, some of Obama's ideas are clearly designed to help the middle class. I have not seen anything coming from Mc Cain that would benefit in any way the middle class. What is your opinion?
Kudos to anyone on here who has spent the time to actually study the plans both candidates have offered. I've realized that the last thing people want to do around here is actually discuss any of these plans constructively so I'm not gonna bother arguing, but I do find Obamas' overall economic policies and foresight to be much better defined and more in line with what I find the country needing.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:26 AM

835 posts, read 1,322,320 times
Obama's plan will raise taxes on SBO's to 55-58%. Many of us that run an LLC or S-corp. make more than $250,000 as it is pass thru revenue. There are 25-27 million SBO's in this nation that account for 75% of all new jobs over the last 5-10 years. The US currently has the 2nd highest corp. tax rate of the OCED, second only to Japan who will lower theirs at the end of the year. Business has a goal....to make a profit. Are you going to open your business offshore in Ireland and pay 11% corp. taxes or China/India and pay 25% in corp. taxes (larger work force) or are you going to open your business in the US and pay the 40% rate Obama will raise it to? Now you have to add on the SS raise and the FICA raise that Obama is going to impose (don't forget SBO's pay 100% on themselves as they own the business only employees pay half of this cost) and you are now at 55-58% depending on your structure. How many of you think any one individual should have to pay 55-58% in taxes when they are not wealthy but Middle-Class? The corp. tax rate now is 35% with an additional 15.3% for SS (up to $102,000) and FICA.
So a $250,000 salary goes to $142,602 post tax for two adults (to qualify for medical insurance it has to be a spousal run business and our combined salary must be below $250,000) that is less than $72,000/year. The median income for 2007 was in the 50 thousand dollar range per person. Can someone please explain why I would be taxed at 55-58% when I am making less than $20K over the median income level for the nation?
Quote:
Don't forget, if you have employees, you are responsible for employment taxes. Federal income tax, Social Security, and Medicare are withheld from employee paychecks. You also report and pay the federal unemployment tax out of your own funds and not from their paychecks. This tax goes towards paying unemployment compensation to workers who lose their jobs

Which of my 30 employees should I lay off if Obama gets elected? When I lay them off my unemployment comp. will increase and this expense is paid 100% by me.

McCain will lower the corp. taxes to 25% putting us back into competition with China and India and Japan after they lower theirs. This will flood the market with new jobs, and cash flow as the US has one of the most educated work forces in the OCED.
If you want economic growth and job growth McCain has the better plan....if you want to lose jobs and re-distribute wealth then Obama is your man.

Last edited by artifice; 10-03-2008 at 12:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections