Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think won this debate?
Palin by a wide margin 59 17.35%
Biden by a wide margin 167 49.12%
Tied 25 7.35%
Palin slightly 44 12.94%
Biden slightly 45 13.24%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 10:17 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcanaduh View Post
That was John McPain voting that Sarah won, just like to claimed he was responsible for the bill passing. You know, the bill that never passed.
If you mean the GSE reform bill ( s. 190) that McCain cosponsored that would have prevented the need for the bailout, it died because the dems fought it tooth, nail and filibuster. Can't believe he was stupid enough to open with reference to the subject when the dems got their fingers in the cookie jar. Probably figured she was too stupid to nail him on his bold faced lie. That's what you get for watching left wing news because she did nail him on it!!!

Sarah's back!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 10:21 PM

Default IRS form for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Hmmm, you do know that his financial disclosure was very close to Palin's. Gee, I wonder where she get's her money? Kick backs?
Kick backs on a financial disclosure? If you're gonna' be sarcastic, you gotta' be logical too. That's fundamental.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Well, there you go!! That totally negates the loss of his wife and daughter and the horrible time waiting to see if his son would recover or not. What was he thinking!!
Yep! Seriously, don't you thnk he needed someone to help him with the two kids left while he was working in the Senate?

Old 10-02-2008, 10:24 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,245,521 times
IMO, Palin's big mistake tonight was she didnt protect the "Maverick"

Speaking from an unbiased perspective, Palin should've rebutted Biden's remark about "He's not a Maverick in regards to America issues." Biden's fiery "He's not a Maverick" remark was the diamond cutter of political moves. Palin should've raised her hand and ask to respond to that. This whole "Maverick" thing is their bread and butter. How do you not respond to that?

That argument along with the "Bridge to Nowhere" line along with Biden precise thought-out responses to questions showed that he was the clear victor in tonights debate.

Palin was decent. And I thought all she had to do is perform decent in order to the win the debate. Boy, was I wrong. Biden really came out of nowhere. I'm very confident he will win over PA and other blue collar middle class whites. Biden looked like he knew what he was talking about. And he refuted many of Palin's claims. Palin was just reading she didnt refute or establish anything.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:26 PM

Default Obama has the background needed to understand this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
This is comical. 4 biden suppoters have already voted and the debate has yet to start. So typical.......
As they say in Chicago politics, "Vote early, vote often!"

Old 10-02-2008, 10:27 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times
You betcha Sarah Palin can debate - Roger Simon - Politico.com

I like this analysis.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:30 PM
JLA

627 posts, read 2,186,213 times
Rules were changes so that she could do well and she still flunked. I'm going to try some of Sarah Palin tactics when talking with my boss from this day forward. If I do not like his/her question I'll respond by answering another question he/she did not ask, even if it makes absolutely know sense what so ever. This reminds me of an old phase I learned while in the Air Force. "If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, then baffle them with your BS." And from what I have read on this post and heard from the talking heads (FOX, CNN, ABC and CBS) it works. This should get me promoted to at least CEO of the company I work for. I'm sure our enemies are saying "please vote the airhead in, please vote the airhead in". As Don King always say, "Only in America...". AMAZING!! She has really help me decide who I will vote for. I will not be writing in Micky Mouse this time, I'll vote for Obama and Biden. Thanks Sarah, you are a good o'le gal, but you should not be running this country or any country. I'm still trying to figure out how in the world did she become the Governor of Alaska. What were the other candidates like? U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E!!

Old 10-02-2008, 10:34 PM

Default You're correct!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Why in the heck does she keep going back to energy? This is embarrassing.
It is embarrassing that we depend on hostile nations for energy we could produce here along with new technologies to free us from carbon based fuels permanently. McCain will put everything on the table to free us from our oil addiction. Good goin' Sarah!!!

Old 10-02-2008, 10:34 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,912,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Kick backs on a financial disclosure? If you're gonna' be sarcastic, you gotta' be logical too. That's fundamental.
If you're going to make sarcastic comments about Biden's finances, you should at least know that Palin's finances are very close to his. Or did you mean to include both of them in
Quote:
living in a real fancy spread on his Senator's (Governor's)salary with raises and a kickin' benefits package that he (She)gets to give himself each year...just like the rest of us do at our jobs. Yeah, I really connected with him on that. Love to sit and chat some more but it's time for me to go to my second job now.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:35 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times
I mean really guys, you have to give her some credit. Only five weeks on the national stage, savaged by the media and the left, up against a 36 year veteran of the senate who is an excellent debater.

This is one tough woman. Five weeks, just five friggin weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections