Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 10:23 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
If that's all he's done in 72 years, that's just sad.
Um, I said I'd give you ONE example. Since y'all couldn't come up with ANYTHING to show that Obama is a "diplomat" and "statesman" (even though y'all are the ones who introduced the subject, hahahaha), why should I expound? The point is already moot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You are kidding, right. He got like 9,000 votes last time he ran. The dog catcher in my town got more than that.
ROFL, right?! Besides, this is the SECOND time he ran. He had to drop out the first time, due to plagiarism.

And how funny that people who are screaming about McCain's age would suggest that 68-year-old Biden could run 8 years from now.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:27 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Um, I said I'd give you ONE example. Since y'all couldn't come up with ANYTHING to show that Obama is a "diplomat" and "statesman" (even though y'all are the ones who introduced the subject, hahahaha), why should I expound? The point is already moot.
You are correct. In TWENTY FIVE years of being in the Senate, I'm sure McCain has oodles of legislation he's put together to justify his insider paycheck. Unfortunately, since he votes with Bush/Cheney/Rove 95% of the time, I'm not too impressed.

Obama is 47, and most of his life has been spent in college, teaching and working as a community volunteer. We'll see when HE's 72 what kind of leadership resume he'll have earned. I suspect it will be more impressive because he has more raw material to work with.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
You are correct. In TWENTY FIVE years of being in the Senate, I'm sure McCain has oodles of legislation he's put together to justify his insider paycheck. Unfortunately, since he votes with Bush/Cheney/Rove 95% of the time, I'm not too impressed.

Obama is 47, and most of his life has been spent in college, teaching and working as a community volunteer. We'll see when HE's 72 what kind of leadership resume he'll have earned. I suspect it will be more impressive because he has more raw material to work with.
Ah, so you admit Obama's resume is thin and he's not ready to be president. Thank you! I agree!

Old 10-02-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Ah, so you admit Obama's resume is thin and he's not ready to be president. Thank you! I agree!
No, I don't.
I said that his experience as a professor, community activist, author and Senator as well as his intelligence, ideas and personality make him a perfect choice for President in a time when we need to get away from the Washington insider mentality.
I could not care less if you agree with me or not. Most people do.
Why don't you write in Hillary?

Old 10-02-2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:
No, I don't.
I said that his experience as a professor, community activist, author and Senator as well as his intelligence, ideas and personality make him a perfect choice for President in a time when we need to get away from the Washington insider mentality.
I could not care less if you agree with me or not. Most people do.
Why don't you write in Hillary?
Hon, by your standards, all I'd have to do is run for the Senate and, boom, in a year I'd be OVER-QUALIFIED to be president because I'm younger than Obama and have a far more substantial resume than he does. I would NOT be qualified, for Pete's sake.

This is what is so flipping scary -- that a person with that weak CV is in a general election for the presidency and is held up as some sort of paragon. IMO, it's a sad reflection of the mediocrity and slipping standards of America. Present a package that the American Idol culture perceives as "cool" and "different" and, TADA! You've got your president!

Sorry, but some of us have higher standards and will not compromise them.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,772,874 times
Joe was great tonight.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Hon, by your standards, all I'd have to do is run for the Senate and, boom, in a year I'd be OVER-QUALIFIED to be president because I'm younger than Obama and have a far more substantial resume than he does. I would NOT be qualified, for Pete's sake.

This is what is so flipping scary -- that a person with that weak CV is in a general election for the presidency and is held up as some sort of paragon. IMO, it's a sad reflection of the mediocrity and slipping standards of America. Present a package that the American Idol culture perceives as "cool" and "different" and, TADA! You've got your president!

Sorry, but some of us have higher standards and will not compromise them.
You know what's scary?? That someone could support a party with Palin on it and accuse the othe side of mediocrity and slipping standards. You were saying about high standards?? So....are you writing in Hillary?

Old 10-02-2008, 10:47 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,552,301 times
She did better then the Couric interview and he blew it out of the park...He was phenomenal...

Old 10-02-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
You know what's scary?? That someone could support a party with Palin on it and accuse the othe side of mediocrity and slipping standards. You were saying about high standards?? So....are you writing in Hillary?
A write-in for Hillary would inevitably be a vote for Obama by default. Nothing doing. And I vote for the TOP of the ticket. However, I believe that Palin will be a fast learner and a git-'er-done addition to Washington with a very bright future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections