Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 09:29 PM

56 posts, read 158,792 times

Advertisements

She was better than I expected, but still so embarrassing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 09:30 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Just out of curiosity...
Many of you say she sounds rehearsed, like she was just regurgitating what she has been fed.
I'm sure she was. She had much to learn in the last five weeks, along with campaigning, sending her son to Iraq, still being a mother and a wife and all the while leading a totaly different life than she ever had.

Five weeks, people. Can you not at least give credit where credit is do?
If she learned all the foreign policy she talked about tonight in 5 weeks, then this woman is a VERY quick study. Much quicker than dumbo Obama.

She was pretty impressive and also a bit commanding the way she answered the questions in her own fashion, not in Gwen Ifills fashion.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:31 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,591,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
I called it earlier, she touched middle class and he did not.

She impressed me and even Joe Biden was impressed with her.

I will get into it more later but she did a fabulous job.

If you are all honest you will see that she can perform and did a fantastic job!

Way to go Sarah!

You won this debate.

Yep! Wink-wink!!

Do you really have to get into it more later? Please save us the anticipated excitement. Wink-wink!

Hope to hear from you soon? Wink-wink!

Old 10-02-2008, 09:32 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
I always wondered who these people were, that not only voted for Bush once...but twice!! Now I know.

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Palin looked soooo scripted. In some ways it was embarrassing how she couldn't move from the script. It showed when a question was asked or she had to respond to something that her script wouldn't allow for. This debate will not change the outcome of the election but she didn't look a complete fool. She looked out of her depth at times and had to be aggresive to try to keep her credibility. She showed that she is what she is, a hockey mom who should be chairman of the PTA.

3,493 posts, read 7,934,927 times
Can you imagine if Spunky Sarah had ever debated Wooden Al Gore? What a comical contrast that would have been!

Old 10-02-2008, 09:33 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
It was Biden who lied which is normal for him.
What did he lie about?

Palin wants extra credit for saying she is a maverick and an outsider... who is in bed with McCain, an insider if there ever was one.

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
I called it earlier, she touched middle class and he did not.

She impressed me and even Joe Biden was impressed with her.

I will get into it more later but she did a fabulous job.

If you are all honest you will see that she can perform and did a fantastic job!

Way to go Sarah!

You won this debate.
Yes, she did!

2,039 posts, read 6,323,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbguy05 View Post
There must have been two separate debates going at the same time. Because the one I was watching, Biden clearly won.
Biden talked about what he and Obama are going to do. Palin talked about what she did in Alaska. She kept saying that Biden was bringing up the past, but all SHE did was talk about what "she" did - IN THE PAST!

Biden answered the questions and answered with facts. Palin nasally answered what she had been coached to say - at the most awkward of times - and talked about how she was like "one of us."

I'm sorry Ms. Palin, but I'm not like you. I understand the issues.

552 posts, read 1,073,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Just out of curiosity...
Many of you say she sounds rehearsed, like she was just regurgitating what she has been fed.
I'm sure she was. She had much to learn in the last five weeks, along with campaigning, sending her son to Iraq, still being a mother and a wife and all the while leading a totaly different life than she ever had.

Five weeks, people. Can you not at least give credit where credit is do?
You're right that she has a lot going on in her personal life which makes it difficult for her to digest all the new information required for the job she aspires to, but if she can't handle it she does not belong there.

As she herself has said several times, "country first". If she wants to be a geriatrics' heart beat away from being one of the most powerful people in the entire world, her family will have to take the back burner for 4-8 years. Her little gang of a few dozen or so are nothing compared to a country of hundreds of millions, and if she can't hack it right now, if she can't pull herself up to par, she does not deserve to be vice president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections