Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 10:53 PM

201 posts, read 536,934 times

Advertisements

Palin gave a long string of folksy, rehearsed 90 sec speechlettes that only vaguely matched the questions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 10:53 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,304,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Just out of curiosity...
Many of you say she sounds rehearsed, like she was just regurgitating what she has been fed.
I'm sure she was. She had much to learn in the last five weeks, along with campaigning, sending her son to Iraq, still being a mother and a wife and all the while leading a totaly different life than she ever had.

Five weeks, people. Can you not at least give credit where credit is do?
Not really, I know people who were working the crew behind the scenes - Palin had a Blackberry which texted her messages (answers). She's a cheater.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:54 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,815,551 times
She looked and sounded like a Stepford wife.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:54 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,269,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
I called it earlier, she touched middle class and he did not.

She impressed me and even Joe Biden was impressed with her.

I will get into it more later but she did a fabulous job.

If you are all honest you will see that she can perform and did a fantastic job!

Way to go Sarah!

You won this debate.
Say hello to Santa in Fantasy land for me. It really must be nice to live in a world where lies and the un-true and taken as fact. Meanwhile here in the actual world Biden won easily, though for some one like this to comprehend that they must have more than 3-4 IQ points. Let me translate

Palin no good Biden Good, or is that too much for you? Looking at the OP I guess I already know the answer.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:55 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,253,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeb321 View Post
Palin gave a long string of folksy, rehearsed 90 sec speechlettes that only vaguely matched the questions
I couldn't agree more. She in no way has a deep grasp of the issues, she just memorized talking points. Palin was successful tonight in regurgitating her 'speechlettes' (cute, btw!) but a thoughtful analysis? No way.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:57 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,016,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998

Biden even was crying at one point. Now how can anyone cry during a debate. Shows me he is weak.
I cant believe it but this is the third time Im pointing out this very well-known fact to someone. Im just going to cut and paste.

He had just said something like "I know what it is to wonder if your kid is going to make it." His wife and his three children were in a car accident in 1972. His two sons were left alive both of them "only" in critical condition, his wife and baby daughter did not make it.

Even though it happened "a long time ago" that doesnt make it any less immediate to him. I'd tear up maybe a little bit too if I were remembering such a thing. Maybe you wouldn't.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:00 PM

100 posts, read 189,788 times
How can you say someone won a debate in which they barely answered any questions.
She didn't speak for middle-class America!
What?? The soccer mom quote? LOL

Old 10-02-2008, 11:01 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,694,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
She wants to increase the powers of the VP office and follow in Cheney's footsteps which is beyond insane.
That makes sense, given that she doesn't see anything inherently wrong with the Cheney Vice Presidency. During her interview the other day with Couric, Palin said she thought Cheney's worst act as VP was his "duck hunting accident."

Old 10-02-2008, 11:02 PM

25 posts, read 29,950 times
Default if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Let's face it..McCain is done. He knows it's slipping away. He practically gave up Michigan just today. He will need a miracle now.
the votes are counted properly, but you know how slippery the "ELECTORATE" can be.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:03 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,426,721 times
Put the Palin Pipe away, she got smoked!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections