Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 01:14 AM

8,064 posts, read 17,943,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post
And you posted about it so why wouldn't you believe somebody else who bared their soul? You are being hypocritical IMO.
Because my illness isn't "soul-baring." It just is. You can make anything you want over the fact that I have Lupus and I really don't care. Again, I'm not foolish enough to talk about troubling experiences here, knowing it's simply fodder for political attacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 01:19 AM

26,483 posts, read 36,317,502 times
Quote:
Nope. I think this is a ploy because no one with any sense would share painful experiences or memories on this forum. I mean, honestly, would you? With the types of nutjobs and smears that go on here?
You've just proven your own point.

Somehow I think that if someone whose political views more closely matched your own had made a post similar to LML's, you'd be crying a different tune here and going into full attack mode if anyone tried to label it a "ploy".

Old 10-03-2008, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Again, I'm not foolish enough to talk about troubling experiences here, knowing it's simply fodder for political attacks.
Only among people such as yourself who obviously has less than no class. Your comments towards this person have been appalling.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
No, I wouldn't...but you know what? If I had an illness I wouldn't share it on here either.

That is not the point though, I'm not going to get into anyone's personal issues regarding illnesses, etc.

The point i'm making is that you can't try to call someone out because they choose to share their personal situation and you do the same exact thing. That must mean that you are a fool or an operative yourself. Also, just because you may not talk about something, doesn't mean that someone else has that comfort level.

To respond to the post about bad-mouthing McCain & Palin's family...it doesn't matter who it is, if anyone is facing or has faced a difficult life-altering situation, most people are usually sympathetic (both Republicans & Democrats)

It's only a few of the dummies on both sides who aren't.
You missed my point. And, actually, this IS on-topic of the thread. I think Biden's "sad moment" was fake and that he put it on because he knew he was sounding like a wonk and Palin was connecting with people emotionally. I also think that the feigned outrage by Obama supporters was political, designed to rail on those "mean Republicans" as they love to do.

With Biden, as with the crap said here, no one truly knows what's true and what isn't. But what we DO know is that this forum is crazy and it's purpose seems to be to make points for one's candidate, any way they can. I don't know if LML is real or putting on BUT he or she doesn't know anything about me, either. She's saying crap about me, too, and assuming that I live some "charmed life." Should I be hurt and crying and pleading for understanding? Heck no. And I really don't get why someone would wrap their own issues around a moment in a debate unless it wasn't real. Doesn't make sense.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:26 AM

Quote:
You missed my point. And, actually, this IS on-topic of the thread. I think Biden's "sad moment" was fake
I doubt that anyone who has ever lost a child would have to fake emotion about it.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Only among people such as yourself who obviously has less than no class. Your comments towards this person have been appalling.
Why? Because I don't believe Biden's "moment" and he or she supposedly took it personally? Puh-lease. This is a political forum -- not Dr. Phil. And I've received DMs from people who posted some "outrage" and said they didn't really mean it but were just having fun.

So, yep, call me skeptical. It's the nature of the game here.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:31 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,627,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
You missed my point. And, actually, this IS on-topic of the thread. I think Biden's "sad moment" was fake and that he put it on because he knew he was sounding like a wonk and Palin was connecting with people emotionally. I also think that the feigned outrage by Obama supporters was political, designed to rail on those "mean Republicans" as they love to do.

With Biden, as with the crap said here, no one truly knows what's true and what isn't. But what we DO know is that this forum is crazy and it's purpose seems to be to make points for one's candidate, any way they can. I don't know if LML is real or putting on BUT he or she doesn't know anything about me, either. She's saying crap about me, too, and assuming that I live some "charmed life." Should I be hurt and crying and pleading for understanding? Heck no. And I really don't get why someone would wrap their own issues around a moment in a debate unless it wasn't real. Doesn't make sense.
Well, it seems like you certainly are doing your share...

Your posts are getting more weird by the minute...so i'll just say we can agree to disagree and i'll move on.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:32 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,416,330 times
teatime, straight up, you are so far over the line that it's not even close to being funny. What's worse is you're acting like a contemptable human being. We've all had our doubts about people on the internet before but there is a world of difference between questioning the validity of someone's statement once or maybe twice on certain issues and continuing to hammer away like a jacka$$.

LML, please do not let the idiot make you regret sharing.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:36 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,899,894 times
First thing I thought about that moment was that whenever Hilary got choked up she got lambasted for being a whimpering woman.

That said, I do feel for anyone who loses anyone they love. I also feel compassion for people with special needs children.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:39 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,627,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
First thing I thought about that moment was that whenever Hilary got choked up she got lambasted for being a whimpering woman.

That said, I do feel for anyone who loses anyone they love. I also feel compassion for people with special needs children.
No arguement there...I would think that it's part of the human spirit not to want to see anyone with health problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections