Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 03:26 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
I could not agree more. I felt it was genuine and appropriate. I'd rather have a VP who feels emotion than one who WINKS at me!

I almost didn't post this with your snide remark about Palin winking but I will try and be a better person then you.
Those tears were real and I am sure everyday he feels the loss. God bless his late wife and daughter.

Last edited by lorriem; 10-03-2008 at 03:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

2,522 posts, read 4,392,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I think you could only call those tears fake if you had lost a child and knew what that felt like. Similarly, I can't imagine why a parent would trot her special needs child out on stage at 11.00 at night, that seemed staged and fake. But I don't have a special needs child and I don't know, so I won't criticize her for it.
Wow! Guess what, Sarah Palin isn't asking for your advice on parenting and your statements are critical. Beyond that and much more disturbing is your need to label this precious little boy as a special needs child. You are way off base. He's a baby.

15,402 posts, read 28,946,617 times
I think they were genuine, but I didn't care for the tears, personally. I know losing a child is a very personal issue that you feel every day for the rest of your life... but if that's the case I wish he'd avoided talking about it. Sorry, Joe--I'm voting for you but the tears made me gag. I'm glad he quickly moved on.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:27 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,392,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I almost didn't post this with your snide remark about Palin winking but I will try and be a better person then you.
Those tears were real and I am sure everyday he feels the loss. God bless his late wife and daughter.

His tears were for the child who lived. His statement was "I didn't know if he would make it."

Old 10-03-2008, 03:42 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
Its fake to cry about your deceased children? OMG
His wife and 2 youngs kids were in a car crash. The wife dies and kids were in the hospital. Very bad situation. I do not think it is fake to cry about this. I still tear up when I think of my Mom dying years ago. Anyone who says its fake should be ashamed.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:44 PM

240 posts, read 475,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
That was SO FAKE.
Seriously, WTF is wrong with you? How can you fake tears talking about your deceased children?

Old 10-03-2008, 03:45 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
His tears were for the child who lived. His statement was "I didn't know if he would make it."

I am sorry but his daughter did die also. The boys didn't. I heard she but maybe I heard wrong.

http://blog.christianitytoday.com/ct...ath_of_jo.html

Last edited by lorriem; 10-03-2008 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: putting in web site

Old 10-03-2008, 03:47 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,317,959 times
Quote:
Wow! Guess what, Sarah Palin isn't asking for your advice on parenting and your statements are critical. Beyond that and much more disturbing is your need to label this precious little boy as a special needs child. You are way off base. He's a baby.
Fool, go look at my previous posts. One thread asked what, if anything, you liked about SP. The ONLY thing I could come up with was her cute baby. I love babies, all babies, and that is precisely why I would never trot one out at 11.00 pm in all that noise and all those lights. Maybe she feels a special closeness with him because of his special needs and wants him out and about and close to her...I don't know. I was responding to someone who thought Biden was being fake by crying over his dead child. I can't imagine what that feels like, and I would never crititicize someone who cried because of that.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:49 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,317,959 times
Quote:
Wow! Guess what, Sarah Palin isn't asking for your advice on parenting and your statements are critical. .
Oh, it's too bad she didn't ask for my parenting advice. My 17 year old isn't pregnant. And when exactly IS that girl going to get married?

Old 10-03-2008, 03:50 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
Those tears did not change any opinions about what a moronic windbag dolt Biden is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections