Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 12:41 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times

Advertisements

BIDEN:
The idea he doesn't realize that Article I of the Constitution defines the role of the vice president of the United States, that's the Executive Branch. He works in the Executive Branch. He should understand that. Everyone should understand that.

Transcript of Palin, Biden debate - CNN.com

Actually:
Article One of the United States Constitution describes the powers of the legislative branch of the United States government, known as Congress, which includes the House of Representatives and the Senate.

Article One of the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 12:47 AM

552 posts, read 1,073,447 times
Article One of the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can't say I'm surprised that you wouldn't understand.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:51 AM

881 posts, read 1,589,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
BIDEN:
The idea he doesn't realize that Article I of the Constitution defines the role of the vice president of the United States, that's the Executive Branch. He works in the Executive Branch. He should understand that. Everyone should understand that.

Transcript of Palin, Biden debate - CNN.com

Actually:
Article One of the United States Constitution describes the powers of the legislative branch of the United States government, known as Congress, which includes the House of Representatives and the Senate.

And Biden is a trial lawyer too. Funny, these guys have no clue. After Obama said there are 57 states in the USA and that inflating tires would substitute drilling, I totally lost all faith in his intelligence.

The trial lawyer team talks a good game. But no action, no brains.

McCain-Palin 2008. It is either that or The Great Depression, Part II.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieter View Post

I can't say I'm surprised that you wouldn't understand.
Understand what?
That article 2 is the Executive Branch!

Each of the first three Articles of the Constitution concern one of the three branches of the federal government.

The legislative branch is established under Article One,

the executive branch under Article Two,

and the judicial branch under Article Three.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:57 AM

Both of you are clueless. First off, your quote is taking him out of context. If you read from the actual transcript, it goes like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnn transcript
IFILL: Governor, you mentioned a moment ago the constitution might give the vice president more power than it has in the past. Do you believe as Vice President Cheney does, that the Executive Branch does not hold complete sway over the office of the vice presidency, that it it is also a member of the Legislative Branch?
PALIN: blah blah blah
IFILL: Vice President Cheney's interpretation of the vice presidency?
BIDEN: Vice President Cheney has been the most dangerous vice president we've had probably in American history. The idea he doesn't realize that Article I of the Constitution defines the role of the vice president of the United States, that's the Executive Branch. He works in the Executive Branch. He should understand that. Everyone should understand that.
And the primary role of the vice president of the United States of America is to support the president of the United States of America, give that president his or her best judgment when sought, and as vice president, to preside over the Senate, only in a time when in fact there's a tie vote. The Constitution is explicit.
The only authority the vice president has from the legislative standpoint is the vote, only when there is a tie vote. He has no authority relative to the Congress. The idea he's part of the Legislative Branch is a bizarre notion invented by Cheney to aggrandize the power of a unitary executive and look where it has gotten us. It has been very dangerous.
As you can see, he clearly understands what he's talking about. Both of you should put on your dunce caps and sit in the nearest corner for a while.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:57 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
Oh, but he cried. So, he was obviously upset and we have to give him a pass on a few of his "misstatements."

Old 10-03-2008, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
Both of you are clueless. First off, your quote is taking him out of context. If you read from the actual transcript, it goes like this:

As you can see, he clearly understands what he's talking about. Both of you should put on your dunce caps and sit in the nearest corner for a while.
The idea he doesn't realize that Article I of the Constitution defines the role of the vice president of the United States, that's the Executive Branch. He works in the Executive Branch.

What part of this statement directly from him is not to understand! It is self explanitory .. well, to most I suppose!

Old 10-03-2008, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
The idea he doesn't realize that Article I of the Constitution defines the role of the vice president of the United States, that's the Executive Branch. He works in the Executive Branch.

What part of this statement directly from him is not to understand! It is self explanitory .. well, to most I suppose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Constitution, Article 1, Clause 4
The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no Vote, unless they be equally divided.

That's what he meant when he referred to Article 1. If I was as desperate as you (which I'm not, as I don't have to resort to these kinds of petty tactics since Biden wiped the floor with Palin), I could easily go through the transcript and find statements of Palin's that make no sense when you forget about the fact that her words aren't from an essay she carefully wrote, they're words that spilled from her mouth that she thought up that instant.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:39 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
McCain-Palin 2008. It is either that or The Great Depression, Part II.
I doubt that, the wealthy have too much to loose, I'm anxious to see the results of the investigations with the mortgage crisis and financial institutions goin down, I can't wait for the politicans names to come up that were involved in it, rep's and dem's however long that takes.

Warren Buffet is no dummy and nobodys fool !

Old 10-03-2008, 06:16 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
that inflating tires would substitute drilling
i cant tell if youre serious or just stupid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections