Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 08:44 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
I would love to see her on the O'Reilly Factor, or any of the Sunday Morning Talk Shows. Do you expect to see her on any of these shows in the month of October?
Sarah Palin? Sunday morning talk shows? They will never let her on the Sunday morning talk shows. She's not ready for "prime time" and they know it and will not allow her to be placed in any potentially embarrassing situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 08:45 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
OK Palin has charmed America with her 1950s style terms, pretty long hair and fancy glasses. She does well in speeches and prepared talking points, but is she ready for the Sunday Talk Shows?

I would love to see her on the O'Reilly Factor, or any of the Sunday Morning Talk Shows. Do you expect to see her on any of these shows in the month of October?
Only if Senator McCain's schedule allows. It's almost guaranteed he will be sitting next to her to "protect" and moderate the exchange.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:53 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Palin vs Biden...Judge for yourself.

YouTube - Biden vs. Palin -- You be the Judge

Old 10-03-2008, 08:56 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,974,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Only if Senator McCain's schedule allows. It's almost guaranteed he will be sitting next to her to "protect" and moderate the exchange.
McCain: O'REILLY!!! Drop the falafel and back away! I was eighteen months in the bush and I could snap your neck in a heartbeat!

Old 10-03-2008, 02:06 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
The Governor wants the filter off...the invitations should roll in....... See ya Sunday. What are the odds?

Old 10-03-2008, 02:19 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,332 times
Go out on top. Put her back on the shelf because her expiration day will be Nov 4th

Old 10-03-2008, 02:25 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
the question is why aren't you focusing on what your candidate can and will do, if biden is your candidate, than on what you think the other candidate might or might not do in the future. that is silly.....
Why is that silly? Afterall she could be the next vice president of all of us regardless of who we vote for. Don't we deserve to be informed on the positions of both sides so we can make the most educated choice at the booth? Or maybe we should just pick sides based on 30 second ads and stump speeches without actually questioning the candidate.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:30 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,086,255 times
Default Kooky Interviewer

Quote:
Actually, while Bill O'Reilly is on the FOXNEWS Channel, I find him to be moderate in his views. If lighting struck and Palin came on the factor, he would be very tough on her and not allow her to use only talking points and spin. Remember it is the No Spin Zone!
Wow, that’s pretty scary if you think O’Reilly is moderate! I thought moderates actually allowed the other party to speak during an interview with out drowning them out in a shouting match. Just watch O’Reilly’s interview with Representative Barney Frank as proof.

Bill O'Reilly Furious at Barney Frank

Old 10-03-2008, 03:34 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnMist View Post
Maybe they can start billing themselves and campaigning as the 'Nucular Mavericks'.
LOL, now that's a great catch phrase!

I have a feeling she'll do more interviews now that the debate is behind her. I think she just couldn't do interviews while she was focused on cramming--interviews require you to think, cramming requires you to memorize, it was just too much for her.

I think it's too late, though--the damage has been done. Once you get a reputation for being brainless, it's hard to undo in just a month.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:38 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Put her on Bill Maher's panel. Ironically (paradoxically?), if she'd just be herself and be honest, I think she'd gain some respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections