U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-03-2008, 09:03 AM
 
18,820 posts, read 8,323,707 times
Reputation: 5934
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
I still wanna know who "Joe Six Pack" is.
Did anyone count how many times she said "Maverick"?
She gives me the creeps....
She was most likely instructed during her tutelage with the McCain base to use "Maverick" as much as possible. I think I can recall her saying it at least 5 times...she probably had a quota to meet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-03-2008, 09:07 AM
 
1,797 posts, read 3,824,712 times
Reputation: 707
I wonder how Putin would react, if Palin ever winked at him?
Who knows what that type of gesture means in foreign countries?....scary thought...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 09:09 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
11,906 posts, read 10,649,757 times
Reputation: 14522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And ya have to wonder how she got elected mayor of a small town?????How the bush/McCain crowd spotted her??

Sleaze....she's sleaze....like a used car salesman, "Sweet little deal for ya and I'll throw in that Country CD"...wink, wink.

We have one of these at work....one day my female boss told her "Stop flirting with me, I'm not a man, it doesn't work"....
This pompous, folksy lark is absolute sleaze. Certainly doesn't belong anywhere near Washington. Far better suited for some remote region of the country like Idaho or remote Alaska.

Mummified McBush and Podunk Palin. That's the best the GOP can do. Pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Yes
2,663 posts, read 4,115,689 times
Reputation: 853
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20081003/capt.a9a835d7222843cda7329d263a718f02.vice_preside ntial_debate_mots151.jpg?x=304&y=345&q=85&sig=epeR hKzWHHZywyZbqQ6_QQ-- (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 09:15 AM
 
Location: field of angels
107 posts, read 163,838 times
Reputation: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
I wonder how Putin would react, if Palin ever winked at him?
Who knows what that type of gesture means in foreign countries?....scary thought...
rofl - thanks for a great visual! And is this wink before or after she states, "I'll get back to ya"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 09:28 AM
 
21,001 posts, read 11,924,378 times
Reputation: 5899
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
She was so obviously rehearsed. She refused to stay on topic about things that she knows nothing about of course. Her "N-U-C-U-L-A-R" floored me. She is a Bush with lipstick..right up Vampire Cheney's alley, this girl.

She was a sportscaster in bumpkin town so she can mimic talking points.
She most likely acquired that annoying wink in that time frame of her illustrious career!
Maybe the wink was meant to appeal to "Mr. Winky"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 10:03 AM
 
18,820 posts, read 8,323,707 times
Reputation: 5934
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnMist View Post
rofl - thanks for a great visual! And is this wink before or after she states, "I'll get back to ya"?
I think that it is simultaneous. She's got that thing down to a science.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 10:06 AM
 
4,175 posts, read 3,990,211 times
Reputation: 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
I still wanna know who "Joe Six Pack" is.
.
...hubby of Jane big butt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 10:06 AM
 
18,820 posts, read 8,323,707 times
Reputation: 5934
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
I wonder how Putin would react, if Palin ever winked at him?
Who knows what that type of gesture means in foreign countries?....scary thought...
Very funny...imagine her rearing her big head and winking over Russia...much more frightening than Putin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 10:12 AM
 
1,846 posts, read 1,446,429 times
Reputation: 2443
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
She was so obviously rehearsed. She refused to stay on topic about things that she knows nothing about of course. Her "N-U-C-U-L-A-R" floored me. She is a Bush with lipstick..right up Vampire Cheney's alley, this girl.

She was a sportscaster in bumpkin town so she can mimic talking points.
She most likely acquired that annoying wink in that time frame of her illustrious career!
lolz! I agree! I found that even when Gwen changed the subject she had the audacity to say, "I will answer with a simple yes, but I want to go back to this...." Who is running the show sister? Just answer the damn questions already, and senator Biden had to work on not laughing several times as she opened her mouth and inserted her heel "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And ya have to wonder how she got elected mayor of a small town?????How the bush/McCain crowd spotted her??

Sleaze....she's sleaze....like a used car salesman, "Sweet little deal for ya and I'll throw in that Country CD"...wink, wink.

We have one of these at work....one day my female boss told her "Stop flirting with me, I'm not a man, it doesn't work"....
hee-hee,

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
I still wanna know who "Joe Six Pack" is.
Did anyone count how many times she said "Maverick"?
She gives me the creeps....
ahahahaha! She was creepy, that was her answer to everything wasn't it? Until Biden had had it, didn't you notice after the last exhausting Maverick remark he broke down why McCain was not a maverick? l-o-l

[quote=sickofnyc;5532062]From what I have read, Wasilla is the meth capital of the Nation. I suppose it was not difficult to get elected in a place like that. I don't know how many of its residents actually crawled out to vote on election day.[/quote]ahahahahaha! This one actually made my morning, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top