Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 08:42 PM

9,327 posts, read 21,938,986 times

Advertisements

Teenage gays are a high risk group for suicide for many reasons.
As far as adult gays, I have not found any research yet with data to say if they have a higher or lower suicide rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 10:02 PM

1,720 posts, read 2,544,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Sorry, same sex need not solicit.

Lord, you are truly dense. Glad you're a legend in your own mind.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:00 PM

32,606 posts, read 77,254,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Perhaps some but they have a high suicide rate so many are probably not that happy.
We have a higher suicide rate because we're tired of being told we "aren't wanted" in society---kind of like we belong on the Island of Misfit Toys or something. I myself attempted suicide as a teenager because I couldn't endure the stress any longer of receiving hate mail, being shoved in the hallways at school, having my own parents turning on me and sending me to see a therapist to "cure" me, etc. Some "Christians" you people are. I don't see Jesus running around shoving gay people or telling lesbians to off themselves.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:36 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,485,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
We have a higher suicide rate because we're tired of being told we "aren't wanted" in society---kind of like we belong on the Island of Misfit Toys or something. I myself attempted suicide as a teenager because I couldn't endure the stress any longer of receiving hate mail, being shoved in the hallways at school, having my own parents turning on me and sending me to see a therapist to "cure" me, etc. Some "Christians" you people are. I don't see Jesus running around shoving gay people or telling lesbians to off themselves.

Truth is, NOBODY CARES what you do, don't drag strangers into it or show it to their kids. I don't have any tee shirts proclaiming my straightness or inverted rainbows if there is such a thing. Why advertise your preference unless you're trolling and if you are you might expect some negativity.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:37 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,485,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mappy View Post
Lord, you are truly dense. Glad you're a legend in your own mind.
It's this huge aura that surrounds me so it transcends my own mind.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:39 PM

11,290 posts, read 16,568,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Obama/O'Biden are not going to get you gay marriage, either. They said as much. It should be left to the states, anyway
Any decision on gay marriage needs to be addressed on the Federal level. This is needed as gays would need the same marriage rights in all States.

BTW...I'm against gay marriage, but if the Federal Gov't allows it, so be it.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:46 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,537,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Any decision on gay marriage needs to be addressed on the Federal level. This is needed as gays would need the same marriage rights in all States.

BTW...I'm against gay marriage, but if the Federal Gov't allows it, so be it.
States are the ones that license and recognize marriages. It's not the role of the federal government.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:53 PM

11,290 posts, read 16,568,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
States are the ones that license and recognize marriages. It's not the role of the federal government.
But in the case of filing Federal tax returns, they are.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:02 PM

20,243 posts, read 36,902,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
She also said she was not opposed to any contracts between two adults.

Oh my, how TOLERANT of her. Of course she is not "opposed to contracts between two adults". How could she be? Anyone, anywhere can write a will leaving everything to their best friend, grandmother, next door neighbor, nothing new here.

As far as hospital visitation. A good friend of ours recently spoke at a hearing in Maryland, regarding exactly this issue. He WAS denied medical info on his partner and was also not able to visit him....so it does happen!
It's the same with anybody else, regardless. No friend can have access to the medical records, nor visits. In some hospital ward one has to prove one is an immediate member of the family in order to visit. But records are off limits, even to the family unless legal permission is granted.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:06 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,537,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
But in the case of filing Federal tax returns, they are.
The rocognize the marriage because the state certifies it as a legal marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections