Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 11:32 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,209,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
I can't think of a person who "on paper", is so right for government yet when you meet her, have the exact opposite impression.

Reminds me of many nice looking resumes I have to throw in the circular bin after meeting the candidate in person.
I don't even think she looks that good on paper. I mean, she was Mayor of Wasilla, a city of under 10,000 people, then governor of Alaska for what, a couple of years? Her term as mayor/governor were not without controversy. Not that controversy is all bad, but she was trying to ban books, fire librarians, fire someone who was in a custody dispute with her sister, etc. She might be ready to be the Rep or a Senator from Alaska, but that's about it. She 's not ready to move into the Vice Presidency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 11:32 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,101,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I'm sorry, my note cards don't address this so I'm not going to answer your question. However, John McCain is a maverick. I'm a maverick. And we're going to fight against corruption and excess and the American family. I'm one of those American families. I'm the middle class. And I believe we need to return to those values that don't talk about your real needs but blame all this on redistribution of wealth. I'm also for the doggone bailout bill because John McCain and I believe that we need to redistribute your wealth to those on Wall Street that affect you on Main Street. Oh, me? Heavens no, I'm not reading from my prepared note cards that have nothing to do with the question. Why would you ask such a thing? That's gotcha journalism. I've got a degree. I should know. You betcha!
Yeah, I noticed a few questions where she acted like it was just her option to either answer the question, or just use the time to say whatever she wanted to say. It seemed like if she hadn't been pre-programmed with an answer to the question, then she just spit out some other pre-programmed answer at random.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:33 AM

20,170 posts, read 24,238,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
I can't think of a person who "on paper", is so right for government yet when you meet her, have the exact opposite impression.

Reminds me of many nice looking resumes I have to throw in the circular bin after meeting the candidate in person.
Not unlike the rush of blood to one's head when one hears half of the "Change" ticket citing his 35 years of experience in helping to create the current impaction in Washington...

Old 10-03-2008, 11:34 AM

20,170 posts, read 24,238,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Yeah, I noticed a few questions where she acted like it was just her option to either answer the question, or just use the time to say whatever she wanted to say. It seemed like if she hadn't been pre-programmed with an answer to the question, then she just spit out some other pre-programmed answer at random.
Isn't that the truth. Why, you'd think she was a politician or something.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:34 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,392,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I'm sorry, my note cards don't address this so I'm not going to answer your question. However, John McCain is a maverick. I'm a maverick. And we're going to fight against corruption and excess and the American family. I'm one of those American families. I'm the middle class. And I believe we need to return to those values that don't talk about your real needs but blame all this on redistribution of wealth. I'm also for the doggone bailout bill because John McCain and I believe that we need to redistribute your wealth to those on Wall Street that affect you on Main Street. Oh, me? Heavens no, I'm not reading from my prepared note cards that have nothing to do with the question. Why would you ask such a thing? That's gotcha journalism. I've got a degree. I should know. You betcha!
I'm a maverick, too.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:36 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,418,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Not unlike the rush of blood to one's head when one hears half of the "Change" ticket citing his 35 years of experience in helping to create the current impaction in Washington...
Like the rush of blood to my head when she says "Maverick" and McCain says "my friends".

3,326 posts, read 5,324,214 times
Quote:
I think that if she ended up as President (upon McCain's death) that she would be such an embarassment to this country that she'd make Bush look presidential! No, I can't even imagine her being governor of Alaska, let alone VP or President.

She is way brighter than Bush .
I agree not ideal VP pick but she could run a country better than Bush and seems like a hands on person unlike Bush.

She would do okay but again prefer she wasn't in that position to begin with.

Media went after Hillary because of her hair cut- pant suits , laugh etc just stupid petty things that they would no go after a man.

They do same with Palin and categorize her as a "Dingbat" like they would the cheerleader in school regardless of how smart she was while the male baseball player they give a free pass to.

I agree she isn't ready but she IMO has twice the burden of a man in her same shoes.
She was a Mayor and Gvnr no "Dingbat" gets the approval rating she has gotten in her state but she lacks foreign knowledge and not ready today .

14,164 posts, read 27,101,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I'm a maverick, too.
Nobody's a "maverick" at age 72

Old 10-03-2008, 11:37 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,106,501 times
Quote:
I'm not a real fan of daily kos, but they nailed this one.

Daily Kos: Sarah Palin Debate Flow Chart

Old 10-03-2008, 11:39 AM

5,224 posts, read 4,986,458 times
I wanted to laugh everytime the Republican ticket tries to talk about how they are all for middle America..

this coming from a candidate with how many homes? So many he doesn't even know!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections