U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-03-2008, 10:57 AM
 
3,758 posts, read 7,525,268 times
Reputation: 858

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
She can be a vice president.....as long as she's on the losing side
That's for sure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-03-2008, 11:02 AM
 
Location: SUNNY AZ
4,589 posts, read 11,748,642 times
Reputation: 1831
Sarah Palin is honest, real and honorable. She is not a corrupted, self infatuated liar. She tells it like it is and she is amazing. She has a sense of honesty and passion about her and that's what we need in this country....

Look....bottom line is this.....Obama talks a great game sure, but look at his tract record.....not so great. Look at his facts, he hasn't done anything and everything he talks about is just that.....talk....he has no grounds to stand on besides his slick, sleezy promises that I guarantee you we will never see. He is a smooth talker and that's why he's so popular but OMG is everyone so blind to the real him??? Look at his church for example.....I don't care who you are, when you go to church it's because you want to learn and adapt to that lifestyle right???? Well geez louise but I'm sorry I totally think his church is scary and that says a lot about a person.

He's just scary and his running mate is just as scary....and if they get elected America will be scary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 11:04 AM
 
Location: Albemarle, NC
7,730 posts, read 12,446,984 times
Reputation: 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Sarah Palin is honest, real and honorable. She is not a corrupted, self infatuated liar. She tells it like it is and she is amazing. She has a sense of honesty and passion about her and that's what we need in this country....
There are at least 5 threads on the front page refuting your claims with facts and links. I'm sorry, but the GOP needs to stop spreading lies and start talking about issues. I believe the American public just doesn't care about what you think about Palin, but the issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 11:05 AM
 
2,039 posts, read 5,677,330 times
Reputation: 557
Default No abortion even if your raped????

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
Let's put down the red-shaded glasses for a sec ya'll. Let's turn off the Sean Hannity spin for a sec ...

Did you watch the debate last night? Do you feel comfortable with Sarah Palin as a WORLD leader? Can you give a reason why she would be a good, wise, respected world leader - other than "she can sound like the average American?" (By the way, what is an "average American"? I am an average, lower-middle-class American and I don't sound like that.)

Can you say with a straight face that she did not avoid most issues and repeat the same lines over and over? Can you honestly say that she sounded like she knew what she was talking about? Do you really believe she was giving us "straight talk"?

By all means vote for McCain if you are a conservative and have conservative beliefs (that is totally understandable), but please don't disgrace your fellow, hard-working Americans by putting on your fan goggles and saying that Palin somehow "won the debate", much less that she displayed any kindof knowledge on foreign issues or the economy last night. If so, you obviously did not watch the debate impartially, or I would argue, even watched the debate at all.
Great points mostly. However, I disagree with one thing. McCain is not as conservative as he plays out to be and the only thing I can think about that would make him conservative is Palin. Palin and her god given war. Palin and her objection on abortion even in the case of rape and incest. Can you imagine if your daughter was brutally raped and beaten and then forced to carry to term a child that is the by-product of the worst day in her life?
Can you imagine the guilt she will have to face when she (if she) chooses to give up that child for adoption? Or the pain she will be faced each day when looking into the one thing that will forever remind her of that brutal attack?
Nope, no morning after pills for her. Because Palin thinks those cells in her body are more important than the PERSON who they are in.

SHAME ON HER. She is going to bring us all back to the days of women being forced to stay in bad marriages, barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. She's not a maverick, she is a cancer on this society. She is a woman who thinks the war was brought on by god. Come onnnnn people!
She doesn't even think dinosaurs existed! I can't even go on, please do your own research and please try to stay away from Fox News and Rush if you want the truth and not the spin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 11:07 AM
 
2,039 posts, read 5,677,330 times
Reputation: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Mavrick.
HUH? You're joking, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 11:07 AM
 
8,760 posts, read 16,106,880 times
Reputation: 3486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
She has a high approval rating and ran her city-state well .

If being in power couple of yrs rules you out why is Obama running?

Not to mention unlike Obama she got things done .
I don't think she is ready but don't think Obama is either.
Everyone has to start somewhere. Do any of you remember Dan Quayle?... he was much less qualified than Palin is and he WAS Vice President! Vice presidents are irrelevant and always have been. I believe that anyone who has a problem with Palin simply has a problem with her values not her depth or perceived lack there of. The right love her becuse she speaks their values, the left hate her because she stands for all they disagree with. This divide in not negotiable in most people's minds and there in lies the problem. This country is split between two basic moral outlooks and will remain that way for the forseeable future. No one is going to ever convince me or other right thinking people the left is correct on anything nor do I expect I will convince left thinking people to change their way of thinking. The two mind sets are polar opposites and in this case opposites do not attract to one another. We can all just agree to disagree and leave each other to his own philosophy regardless of how disgusting we believe the other's more's are or we will end up in a real civil war over it. No one wants that. We must learn to live together in a world of compromise or this country will cease to exist. No one has the correct answer to all of the country's problems...no one. No matter who wins the election 50% of the population is going to be disappointed. Just ask any Democrat how they have felt for the last two election cycles.
I suspect Obama will win. Not because he is a great statesman or because he's black, or a great orator but because he is not a Republican. After Bush I don't blame anyone for voting with the Dems this time. Do I like the idea ?? No but I will learn to live with it and respect the will of the majority of the people. I would expect no less from the other side should McCain and Palin win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 11:07 AM
 
Location: SUNNY AZ
4,589 posts, read 11,748,642 times
Reputation: 1831
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
There are at least 5 threads on the front page refuting your claims with facts and links. I'm sorry, but the GOP needs to stop spreading lies and start talking about issues. I believe the American public just doesn't care about what you think about Palin, but the issues.
Oh wow, somone needs to do their research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 11:08 AM
 
3,142 posts, read 7,154,567 times
Reputation: 870
Lets be real... Biden is just another silver-tongued suit from DC who is gonna give you the same crap as any other politician. Palin on the other hand is feisty rookie eager to learn and act, clueless of all the smiling, hand-shaking and chuckling required on Capitol Hill. Thats just how I see it. She, like anyone else has the ablitity to learn and adapt....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 11:09 AM
 
2,039 posts, read 5,677,330 times
Reputation: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
OMG are you all seriously that blind? Sarah Palin did AMAZING last night! She could not have done a better job and I am so proud of her! Whereas her counterpart....Mr. Whats'hisname.....wow, now that made me sick to my stomach....talk about a fairweather fan of Obama.....Our best bet as Americans is to have McCain and Palin in office....otherwise, we are soooooo screwed!!!!
Why? Because McCain is from your state? Please tell us why you think we will be screwed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Albemarle, NC
7,730 posts, read 12,446,984 times
Reputation: 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Oh wow, somone needs to do their research.
I agree. Let us know when you're done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top