U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-03-2008, 12:50 PM
 
Location: SUNNY AZ
4,589 posts, read 11,772,799 times
Reputation: 1831

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
Let me help lola and I said this a million times with no response from the left....so here goes..FACT ONE: Bill Clinton Bombed iraq first and told america that they had weapons of mass destuction and got them pissed off and started the 9/11 planning...which caused a war that cost trillions!!! FACT TWO: Bill clinton signed the deregulation of wall street bill and biden voted YES to ,that also caused a economy disaster....O'k lets review ...GW was handed a pissed off IRaq and a dregulated wall street, and the snow ball that got so big it ran him over!!!!.....
lol....your too cute.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-03-2008, 12:52 PM
 
2,039 posts, read 5,689,364 times
Reputation: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Shame on her because she does not share your opinion?? Shame on you for not respecting people share differing opinions on a variety of subjects. It is not shameful to disagree with your opinions. You may not like it but 50% of the country does not agree with you!
How do you even know what my opinion is? I never stated an opinon, I stated a situation that is plausible... (still deserved the reps from your other comment though. *smile*)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 12:53 PM
 
2,039 posts, read 5,689,364 times
Reputation: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Sarah Palin is honest, real and honorable. She is not a corrupted, self infatuated liar. She tells it like it is and she is amazing. She has a sense of honesty and passion about her and that's what we need in this country....

Look....bottom line is this.....Obama talks a great game sure, but look at his tract record.....not so great. Look at his facts, he hasn't done anything and everything he talks about is just that.....talk....he has no grounds to stand on besides his slick, sleezy promises that I guarantee you we will never see. He is a smooth talker and that's why he's so popular but OMG is everyone so blind to the real him??? Look at his church for example.....I don't care who you are, when you go to church it's because you want to learn and adapt to that lifestyle right???? Well geez louise but I'm sorry I totally think his church is scary and that says a lot about a person.

He's just scary and his running mate is just as scary....and if they get elected America will be scary.
Still waiting on those facts.....................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 12:56 PM
 
307 posts, read 614,079 times
Reputation: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Shame on her because she does not share your opinion?? Shame on you for not respecting people share differing opinions on a variety of subjects. It is not shameful to disagree with your opinions. You may not like it but 50% of the country does not agree with you!
So 50% of the country believes man and dinosaur walked the earth together, that witchcraft is something to pray for protection from, that seeing russia from your house gives you foreign policy experience, that not being able to name one newspaper you read is a trick question, that you can not be in charge of your own body that the government should be, and that having an education and intelligence makes you elite and that is not a trait sought after in the highest office in the nation?

This is scary stuff, she makes me sick and so does anyone who thinks she is fit to be president let alone vice president.

Last edited by JLK706; 10-03-2008 at 01:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 12:56 PM
 
2,039 posts, read 5,689,364 times
Reputation: 557
Default Who are you? Palin? Try answering the question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I've heard no one give hard facts on what Obama has actually DONE.....not talked about but DONE. Exactly, not much. On the otherhand, McCain has an amazing list miles long of ways he has bettered our nation. Apparently you are all swayed by the sweet talking Obama and his lies, very sad.
Who are you? Palin? Try answering the question!
Let me help you:
John McCain Scandals List

  1. New York Times: Self-Confidence on Ethics Poses Its Own Risk (February 20, 2008)
  2. Real Change: John McCain's Skeleton Closet
  3. NPR: Scandal Shaped McCain's Sense of Honor in Office (2007)
  4. Arizona Central: John McCain Report: Overcoming Scandal, Moving On (2007)
  5. Reason Magazine: "How John McCain Reformed" (2005)
  6. Salon: A Joke too Bad to Print? (1998)
  7. TheRealMcCain: Brave New Films McCain Scandal Videos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 01:05 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
85,099 posts, read 99,227,733 times
Reputation: 31579
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Sarah Palin is honest, real and honorable. She is not a corrupted, self infatuated liar. She tells it like it is and she is amazing. She has a sense of honesty and passion about her and that's what we need in this country....

She lied about the bridge to nowhere and selling that plane on e-bay in her acceptance speech! Not just in some casual conversation, but her acceptance speech. And the repubs thought it was a fabulous speech; "hit one out of the park" is how a co-worker of mine described it the next day. Yeah, and a couple of lies.

Look....bottom line is this.....Obama talks a great game sure, but look at his tract record.....not so great. Look at his facts, he hasn't done anything and everything he talks about is just that.....talk....he has no grounds to stand on besides his slick, sleezy promises that I guarantee you we will never see. He is a smooth talker and that's why he's so popular but OMG is everyone so blind to the real him??? Look at his church for example.....I don't care who you are, when you go to church it's because you want to learn and adapt to that lifestyle right???? Well geez louise but I'm sorry I totally think his church is scary and that says a lot about a person.

He's just scary and his running mate is just as scary....and if they get elected America will be scary.
Look at Sarah's church. Speaking in tongues? Protection from witchcraft? If we are going to judge people by their churches, she doesn't rate too highly either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Everyone has to start somewhere. Do any of you remember Dan Quayle?... he was much less qualified than Palin is and he WAS Vice President!

Oh, no he wasn't less qualified than Sarah. I already posted about this before, am not going to do a search, but anyone else can. I didn't like him, either, but he was way more qualified, hands down. He was a sitting senator at the time.
Vice presidents are irrelevant and always have been. I believe that anyone who has a problem with Palin simply has a problem with her values not her depth or perceived lack there of. The right love her becuse she speaks their values, the left hate her because she stands for all they disagree with. This divide in not negotiable in most people's minds and there in lies the problem. This country is split between two basic moral outlooks and will remain that way for the forseeable future. No one is going to ever convince me or other right thinking people the left is correct on anything nor do I expect I will convince left thinking people to change their way of thinking. The two mind sets are polar opposites and in this case opposites do not attract to one another. We can all just agree to disagree and leave each other to his own philosophy regardless of how disgusting we believe the other's more's are or we will end up in a real civil war over it. No one wants that. We must learn to live together in a world of compromise or this country will cease to exist. No one has the correct answer to all of the country's problems...no one. No matter who wins the election 50% of the population is going to be disappointed. Just ask any Democrat how they have felt for the last two election cycles.
I suspect Obama will win. Not because he is a great statesman or because he's black, or a great orator but because he is not a Republican. After Bush I don't blame anyone for voting with the Dems this time. Do I like the idea ?? No but I will learn to live with it and respect the will of the majority of the people. I would expect no less from the other side should McCain and Palin win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
Let me help lola and I said this a million times with no response from the left....so here goes..FACT ONE: Bill Clinton Bombed iraq first and told america that they had weapons of mass destuction and got them pissed off and started the 9/11 planning...which caused a war that cost trillions!!! FACT TWO: Bill clinton signed the deregulation of wall street bill and biden voted YES to ,that also caused a economy disaster....O'k lets review ...GW was handed a pissed off IRaq and a dregulated wall street, and the snow ball that got so big it ran him over!!!!.....
There you go again! (Just like Sarah, trying to be the incarnation of Ronald Reagan.) Let's not dwell on the past. That's what Sarah said last night, after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 01:06 PM
 
2,039 posts, read 5,689,364 times
Reputation: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
What am I?

I vote Republican 99% of the time.
I believe in a woman's right to choose and that abortion is no one else's business but that person's
I believe in a temporary safety net for people out of work to help them until they find work again.
I believe in limited immigration and that people coming here should apply and be accepted based on assimilation (not losing their identity) and knowlege of the history of the USA.
I believe English is the first languiage of the USA and should be taught before any other language.
I do not believe in gay marriage but I do agree Gays have a right to have their relationships recognized legally as a legitimate partnership for property, child guardianship, and probate purposes.
I believe in freedom of religion but disagree with anyone coming to my home to sell their religion to me.
I believe the war in Iraq was necessary up to the point when Saadam Hussein was captured then we should have come home.
I do not believe Washington should use taxpayers money to bail out bad banking decisions.
I do not believe loans should be made to people who do not have the means to repay them.
I believe taxes are high enough and the government should spend time paring down unecessary programs to save money.
I believe both Creationism and Darwinism should be taught as neither one has been proven beyond doubt.
I believe in the Constitution and all of it's ammendments including the second ammendment.
I believe news reporting should not be biased.
I believe we did land on the moon in 1969.

Am I conservative or liberal...or perhaps moderate???
I agree with most of what you said. Not about Hussein though, he was an operative for the US for many years. He was a distraction from the real issue which was the Taliban.
I agree with the right to bare arms, however, I DO think high powered weapons MUST not be leagal and should be off the streets.
Everyone in the media is biased. Sucks, but it seems that way. Some more than others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 01:37 PM
 
2,659 posts, read 2,513,213 times
Reputation: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
McCain has an amazing list miles long of ways he has bettered our nation.
Like the savings and loans scandal in the 80's.

Being a champion de-regulator (until two weeks ago).

All great stuff - I get your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 01:37 PM
 
Location: SUNNY AZ
4,589 posts, read 11,772,799 times
Reputation: 1831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Look at Sarah's church. Speaking in tongues? Protection from witchcraft? If we are going to judge people by their churches, she doesn't rate too highly either.





There you go again! (Just like Sarah, trying to be the incarnation of Ronald Reagan.) Let's not dwell on the past. That's what Sarah said last night, after all.
Nice try but it doesn't really stand up too well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 02:07 PM
 
Location: long island , ny
1,229 posts, read 2,630,275 times
Reputation: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
Who are you? Palin? Try answering the question!
Let me help you:
John McCain Scandals List


  1. New York Times: Self-Confidence on Ethics Poses Its Own Risk (February 20, 2008)
  2. Real Change: John McCain's Skeleton Closet
  3. NPR: Scandal Shaped McCain's Sense of Honor in Office (2007)
  4. Arizona Central: John McCain Report: Overcoming Scandal, Moving On (2007)
  5. Reason Magazine: "How John McCain Reformed" (2005)
  6. Salon: A Joke too Bad to Print? (1998)
  7. TheRealMcCain: Brave New Films McCain Scandal Videos
only 7 for 20 years in washington ...obama 5 in 8 years..jeremiah wright,shady foreign donations,plagiarism,theft,felony parking ticket,..so he's off to a good start...and clinton : white water,paula jones,monica lewieski,''I didnt inhale'' come on the list goes on...they all lie ,cheat,steal.....and some trust john and sara's morals and character more...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top