Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 02:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
THE past??? trillions a day on war ,the banking mess????Hello??
Hey, I'm just repeating what Sarah said when Biden tried to talk about the failures of the Bush administration. I was responding to someone who tried to bring up Clinton, no less. He has not been the Pres. for 8 years now! Personally, I agree with Biden who said, "The past is prologue", or as Dr. Phil puts it: "the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 02:20 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
The only Maverick I know was James Garner.
Oh, snap!! Now that theme song is going to run through me mind all day!!

Old 10-03-2008, 02:36 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Palin: Gov and former Mayor in Alaska (She knows how to command and lead) Active investigation by her state legislature re ethics violation and abuse of power. Mayor of debt free town and left it with al most $2M in debt and climbing.
Obama: No leadership skills The woman wishes her resume' looked half this good. Barack Obama's Résumé

Palin: Is willing to go after people in her own party to do whats right. Fires competent city and state employees without cause or because she's po'd at them and hires incompetent friends and relatives to replace them.
Obama: Votes the party line 90%

Palin: No Military service
Obama: No military service

Palin: Runs a State between 2 foreign countries. After several instances of mismanagement and near impeachment as mayor, the city hired an administrator to run the city while she was mayor. I don't know what experience being governor of a state between to foreign countries because Palin keeps dodging the question when asked.
Obama: Went to Iraq Illinois Senator, US Senator,
B.A. Political Science with specialization in international relations
Thesis topic: Soviet nuclear disarmament

Do you need further proof?
Fixed your post.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:23 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Let's see what he can do...He can't do much worse than Bush!
Wanna bet?

Old 10-03-2008, 04:45 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,051 times
Arrow I'm just getting started....

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
only 7 for 20 years in washington ...obama 5 in 8 years..jeremiah wright,shady foreign donations,plagiarism,theft,felony parking ticket,..so he's off to a good start...and clinton : white water,paula jones,monica lewieski,''I didnt inhale'' come on the list goes on...they all lie ,cheat,steal.....and some trust john and sara's morals and character more...
This week’s indictment of Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens is the tip of the iceberg. Stevens failed to report more than $250,000 in gifts, including home renovations and a Land Rover, from the large Alaska oil field contractor VECO Corp.
Stevens is just the latest in a long and proud lineage of Republicans accepting bribes, particularly from defense and oil contractors.

The undisputed champion of Congressional corruption is Randy “Duke” Cunningham. The California congressman pled guilty to conspiracy and tax evasion in November 2005 after accepting millions in bribes, including cars, prostitutes, and trips in private jets. Cunningham earned the gifts by pressing more than $150 million in defense contracts. That kind of corruption takes a special kind of person.

Former House Republican majority leader Tom DeLay employed a multi-pronged approach to scumbagism; he was indicted for laundering federal campaign contributions and also took bribes from a much bigger criminal, Jack Abramoff. DeLay killed bills to help clients of Abramoff’s all-Republican lobbying firm. One of the most hypocritical incidents was the blocking of legislation that would have banned sex shops and sweatshops in the U.S. territory of the Northern Mariana Islands, in return for an Abramoff-funded family vacation there.

Human rights activists testified that the largely immigrant population was working 12-hour days for half of U.S. minimum wage and was kept behind barbed wire in shacks. DeLay, a devout Christian, called the island “a perfect petri dish of capitalism.”

Abramoff’s commitment to corruption seemed to know no bounds, and his reach touched many other heavy political players. Among them, former Ohio congressman and chairman of the House Administration Committee, Bob “Freedom Fries” Ney. Like Abramoff’s many other legislative puppets, Ney received all the same lavish gifts: expensive dinners, parties at the MCI skybox, and a $100,000 golf outing in Scotland.

Abramoff’s connection in the Senate was Conrad Burns of Montana, also the former chairman of the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on the Interior. “Every appropriation we wanted from Sen. Conrad Burns’ Committee, we got,” Abramoff told Vanity Fair in 2006. Burns received around $150,000 for his efforts. You may be thinking that these Republicans are incredibly easy to buy. But not everything in their culture of corruption is about money. A lot is about sex, too.

Idaho Sen. Larry Craig sputtered a number of weak defenses for his alleged attempt at a homosexual bathroom romp with an undercover police officer in the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport. After initially pleading guilty, Craig said he only did so under pressure from an Idaho newspaper. Craig helped enact the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” military policy, opposed gay marriage, and opposed a ban on discrimination based on sexual orientation.

Any questions?

Last edited by londonbarcelona; 10-03-2008 at 05:09 PM..

Old 10-03-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Well then we are screwed....bottom line.
Here you go lola - What happened to the 23 BILLION???

Old 10-03-2008, 04:59 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,764 times
I foresee a 10-20 year cleanup and bailout by Republicans after the Obama presidency is over.
If Obama is a good economic planner, he would have owned several properties by now.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:00 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Not only that..she'd set woman back quite a ways with her terrible performance!!
WHOA! Rein back a minute.....Palin is her own person, isn't she. As a REPUBLICAN doesn't she take responsibility for her own actions???
SHE does NOT represent ALL women or ANY women but herself.

MCCAIN set women back by thinking that a woman, any woman , would get women to vote for him. Or did he??? Maybe this blatant pandering with a frothing airhead will get women's attention??? Maybe they'll see how they're viewed by politicians and start raising some hel!.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Try this

Sarah Palin: Mayor, Governor with 80% approval rating

Obama : Community Leader???

Spare me

Obama is an empty suit.

And why are you comparing your Presidential Candidate to the other side's VICE Presidential candidate???
Because you started it. Oh, and because John will probably die in office and we will have our nation destroyed by an other imbecile.

Last edited by londonbarcelona; 10-03-2008 at 05:30 PM..

Old 10-03-2008, 05:40 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
Quote:
Everyone has to start somewhere. Do any of you remember Dan Quayle?... he was much less qualified than Palin is and he WAS Vice President! Vice presidents are irrelevant and always have been. I believe that anyone who has a problem with Palin simply has a problem with her values not her depth or perceived lack there of. The right love her becuse she speaks their values, the left hate her because she stands for all they disagree with. This divide in not negotiable in most people's minds and there in lies the problem. This country is split between two basic moral outlooks and will remain that way for the forseeable future. No one is going to ever convince me or other right thinking people the left is correct on anything nor do I expect I will convince left thinking people to change their way of thinking. The two mind sets are polar opposites and in this case opposites do not attract to one another. We can all just agree to disagree and leave each other to his own philosophy regardless of how disgusting we believe the other's more's are or we will end up in a real civil war over it. No one wants that. We must learn to live together in a world of compromise or this country will cease to exist. No one has the correct answer to all of the country's problems...no one. No matter who wins the election 50% of the population is going to be disappointed. Just ask any Democrat how they have felt for the last two election cycles.
I suspect Obama will win. Not because he is a great statesman or because he's black, or a great orator but because he is not a Republican. After Bush I don't blame anyone for voting with the Dems this time. Do I like the idea ?? No but I will learn to live with it and respect the will of the majority of the people. I would expect no less from the other side should McCain and Palin win.
Palin is simply not bright. She avoided giving appropriate answers because she didn't understand the questions. . She's the classic empty suit. She has no world view or national view for that matter outside of alaska.
Can you imagine her in front of the white house. Corp. It would be ugly. Give me the skinny nerdy black guy and his frankenstein like partner anyday. Let's try brains this go round.

Obama 08-12
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections