U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 12:41 PM

12,870 posts, read 12,631,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Yep. If Obama wins then I'm going to start looking for a social program that will benefit ME. Hell, if they're going to play Robin Hood, I might as well join the takers and let the government and other taxpayers take care of me. When my small business is taxed 50% by the federal government and another 7-8% by the state, then I quit. I'll see if there's any welfare for ME.
everybody has been worried about the "little" guy, well now they are going to have to start worrying about the "middle" guys because we quit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 12:42 PM

4,425 posts, read 5,085,489 times
I don't really approve of this bailout.. even as a liberal... I do not support bailing out the top few to ensure it trickles down to help the many...it goes against everything I believe in...
But let me see if I can get this straight... republicans said no the first time.. and now that pork spending packages have been put on it... they come to vote for it? How is this a representation of what McCain and Palin are touting for their core beliefs? I thought they were all about getting rid of pork spending?
the republicans are just a mess... I hope that attachments are made to this bill to ensure the little guy is protected FIRST.. because he/she is going to be the ones paying for it

Old 10-03-2008, 12:44 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,806,327 times
I am so looking forward to the government taking care of me. I am looking forward to free healthcare that Obama promised.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:45 PM

550 posts, read 1,091,221 times
It's Jail Not Bail

Old 10-03-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
I don't really approve of this bailout.. even as a liberal... I do not support bailing out the top few to ensure it trickles down to help the many...it goes against everything I believe in...
But let me see if I can get this straight... republicans said no the first time.. and now that pork spending packages have been put on it... they come to vote for it? How is this a representation of what McCain and Palin are touting for their core beliefs? I thought they were all about getting rid of pork spending?
the republicans are just a mess... I hope that attachments are made to this bill to ensure the little guy is protected FIRST.. because he/she is going to be the ones paying for it
i guess you have no common sense.
In the end, 172 Democrats and 91 Republicans voted for the legislation.
be mad at all of them! be mad at obama and be mad at mccain !

Old 10-03-2008, 01:08 PM

4,425 posts, read 5,085,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i guess you have no common sense.
In the end, 172 Democrats and 91 Republicans voted for the legislation.
be mad at all of them! be mad at obama and be mad at mccain !
oh I'm mad... but I want to see how this thing works before I write them all off... if it really is essential to the little guy.. then I'm willing to support it.. but if it doesn't end up helping the little guy.. I'm going to be seriously mad at my fellow democrats..... as far as I'm concerned they better start making attachments to it and ensure it helps main street...

Old 10-03-2008, 01:16 PM

i am not buying into my government's sob story anymore. our country has been tanked and has been tanking even faster the last 2 years. we have a stupid president, with a stupid congress. everybody wants something for nothing. well, guess what! we are all tapped out! the middle class is not going to be paying for everybody anymore. california wants a bailout today. they might just get it because it looks like christmas on the hill. in the last week we have had an auto bailout, a bank bailout, a budget bailout, and a countrywide bailout, so give california their bailout and let's see who pays for it!

8,670 posts, read 16,627,432 times
I've changed my mind and I think this bailout, as painful as it is, is necessary. I've spoken with several business owners, commercial real estate and commercial banking reps in the last few days and the credit market is starting to freeze up locally. Banks and businesses are in a constant stream of loaning money to each other and to businesses, and it is being disrupted right now pretty badly. Businesses depend on CREDIT. They pay a lot of expenses before they get their accounts receivable, expenses that include payroll.

Even a local university here announced today that a Wachovia fund they use to pay operating expenses has frozen and they may have trouble paying daily/monthly expenses.

The bond market is also freezing up in some areas and starting to effect municipalities, which includes police, fire, sanitary services, roads, etc..

Get this f**kin thing passed. It may not be enough for the long haul, but it's a start.

2,015 posts, read 4,857,997 times
Oh well at least gas prices went down, looks like Obama and McCain kept their promises.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:20 PM

10,970 posts, read 17,932,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I will be voting for McCain. The Messiah voted for it too, you know. Since I have 2 choices, and both of them voted for it, I'll be voting for McCain.

Three of my four reps voted against it. The senators from my state voted against it. Only Dennis Moore voted for it, and I will be voting against him.
You have MORE than 2 CHOICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my Gawd!!!!! WHY do people have political blinders on???????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or