Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 07:48 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,256,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Huh? Well, you're from Oregon. Figures. Probably no state more far left than Oregon, but California is getting close.
Really. I was born in Cleveland, Ohio and most of my family still resides in Ohio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 10:12 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Quote:
1. No, she wouldn't, and she never said that!!!

2. And just how many such hypothetical cases like this are there anyway? Do you know of any? I don't.

3. Girls have died after an abortion, for cryin' out loud. Is that better for all concerned (especially the mother) than carrying a child for nine months? Don't think so. Death is kind of permanent.

4. who has more on-the-ball than you ever will, and has far more integrity.
1. Yes she did.
adn.com | governor race : All three candidates support gas line lawsuit
Quote:
Palin said she would
Quote:
support abortion only if the mother's life was in danger.
When it came to her daughter, she said, "I would choose life."
2. They are NOT hypothetical cases. This happens hundreds of times a year. I don't know how many times it has happened in Alaska. According to the above article the rate of rapes in Alaska is 2.2 times higher than any other state and 25% of rapes resulted in pregnancy.

3. Some children having to go through pregnancy die in the process. Abortions are safe unless the woman is forced to under go an illegal one.

4. You don't know what I have 'on the ball' but if you want me to tell you, PM me I'll tell you. I'm willing to bet it's more than you have judging from your irrational defense of Palin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections