Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 04:11 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times

Advertisements

And you haven't a clue what the first amendment is about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 05:02 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,239,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
And you haven't a clue what the first amendment is about.

Please educate us all. (In another thread as it would be off topic here!)

Old 10-05-2008, 08:19 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
Calm down.

I fully support your freedom to be an irresponsible voter who puts her own pet issues and self-interest ahead of the good of the country.
And yet you feel it to be your right to dictate that only your issues are of interest or worth concideration. You appear to have gotten so good at double talk that you can't even tell you are participating in it.

Pitiful.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:16 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,404,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
They really ought to keep that to themselves. As a gay man, that offends me. Ick!
Really? Well, as a woman, and a mom, homosexuality offend me. You gays really ought to keep that to yourselves. Back in the closet you go.

(I don't really feel that way, but do you see how ridiculous you sound?)

Old 10-05-2008, 10:19 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,404,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
You're missing the point. My point was that anyone can get on a podium, say they're running for public office and say they're "pro-life" and instantly have voters.
I guess I'm missing the point, too, because history has shown that a platform like anti-abortion and gun rights usually always fall in line with conservative values, and pro-abortion and gun laws usually always fall in line with liberal values.

What you are saying can be said for BOTH sides. Obama is proof of that; just ask the majority of black voters.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:29 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
and pro-abortion and gun laws usually always fall in line with liberal values.
Generalizing. I'm pro-choice and pro-Second Amendment.

Quote:
What you are saying can be said for BOTH sides. Obama is proof of that; just ask the majority of black voters.
More generalizing. Maybe some are tired of Bush policies than anything else, and they see that McCain offers no deviation from that. Kind of like a good friend of mine who's generally conservative-leaning who counts voting for GWB as one of his greatest regrets in life. He does happen to be black, but his stance transcends race.

This political sliding-scale nonsense works with some other people, Mom, but not here.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:34 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
i know i cant afford sarah, high maintenance, i know 10 trillion mastercard is a lot,it is out of my budget as is escalating war and debt
but please please please please let me volunteer at your office so i can see her. i an mop the floors. maybe see her from the window.
when i look at sarah when i see her talk and smile i feel young again. i love my sarah.
obama 08

Old 10-05-2008, 11:41 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
Apparently we cannot afford to burden the oil companies with a windfall profit tax like Obama plans but it seemed to work well enough for Sarah Palin in Alaska that she becomes a "maverick" for "standing up to Big Oil." And she's going to "stand up to Big Oil" as well as VP or possibly president? What gives?

Old 10-05-2008, 01:36 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,239,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
And yet you feel it to be your right to dictate that only your issues are of interest or worth concideration. You appear to have gotten so good at double talk that you can't even tell you are participating in it.

Pitiful.
Calm down drama queen!

1. I don't have the power to prevent any uneducated Hoosier from voting.

2. I have a constitutionally protected right to publicly wish they'd stay home on election day if they aren't going to educate themselves before voting.

3. I can spell "consideration"

4. You don't have to like it and you have the the right to vocalize it.

5. And of course, you all skipped over DG's willingness to label posters as "un-American" and " good American." Pot, meet kettle. You have no idea what I (or any other forum poster) have or have not done for this country. Such labels are further evidence of emotional reaction, not critical thinking.

6. I provided details as to why abortion is not an issue in this election. If you'd like to provide some evidence otherwise, I'd be happy to read it.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:00 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
Calm down drama queen!

1. I don't have the power to prevent any uneducated Hoosier from voting.

2. I have a constitutionally protected right to publicly wish they'd stay home on election day if they aren't going to educate themselves before voting.

3. I can spell "consideration"

4. You don't have to like it and you have the the right to vocalize it.

5. And of course, you all skipped over DG's willingness to label posters as "un-American" and " good American." Pot, meet kettle. You have no idea what I (or any other forum poster) have or have not done for this country. Such labels are further evidence of emotional reaction, not critical thinking.

6. I provided details as to why abortion is not an issue in this election. If you'd like to provide some evidence otherwise, I'd be happy to read it.
Typical start of a reply which has no merit...name calling. Very intellectual.

You are right...you have no power at all, except that with which to annoy.

You seem to not know the difference between "wishing" and "telling" someone would do what you want. So much for your vaunted education. Just another wannabe big fish, but totally impotent. An example would be you attempt to be the spelling police, never thinking of the possibility of a typo. But then in your own estimation, you must be perfect.

Your reference to "critical thinking" merely shows your lack of it. You are trying to tell others what to think while exposing your own emotional bias toward issues.

Your examples in denying abortion as an issue only apply to you. A fact that you fail to grasp. Others have different issues that are important to them. They do not have to follow your faulty logic and deceptions.

Why is it that you appear to think that you know what is best for others, try to deny them their own thought processes and issues and attack when they differ from your own desires? As stated above, you have no power and if there is any justice in the world never will.

I stand by my statement, your stance is pitiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections