Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 07:05 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times

Advertisements

There are a couple of old Jews in Florida that like Obama. One of them is named "Art" in this Daily Show Clip:

Seniors Citizens Watch the Debate | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

Last edited by Art123; 10-04-2008 at 08:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 07:23 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,448,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Well, I'm an "old person" and I sure don't hate Obama. In fact I am voting for Obama.
Me, too!

Now, if I can just remember where my polling place is........

Old 10-04-2008, 08:11 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,685,050 times
The older people are wiser and have the wisdom to see what this man is all about.

The younger kids have no common sense, love his handouts and just plain are to stupid as that age to know better.

The others are just stuck in the middle because I can not think of one reason to vote for Obama other then his empty promises that he cannot keep or his promises to give losers more handouts.

I cannot think of one good reason to vote for him, not one.

Even Gore, Kerry and Dukakis had more skills and knowledge then him.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:20 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
ha ha ha ha ha, boy you're in rare form today. Glad to see so many people in a good humor, I get tired of the angry threads.
Tell ya the truth, Normie, considering the horrible Bailout/Welfare check our government just handed the wealthiest crookedest people in this country...the election is pretty "funny" lightweight material.
Of course, I still don't want the continuation of a dictatorship in the form of the Palin/McCain ticket but can ANYONE save this country from what's ahead??

Makes me glad I AM old and hopefully won't see the worst.

OK, light stuff from now on....

Old 10-04-2008, 11:36 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Tell ya the truth, Normie, considering the horrible Bailout/Welfare check our government just handed the wealthiest crookedest people in this country...the election is pretty "funny" lightweight material.
Of course, I still don't want the continuation of a dictatorship in the form of the Palin/McCain ticket but can ANYONE save this country from what's ahead??Makes me glad I AM old and hopefully won't see the worst.
OK, light stuff from now on....
I think that you don't understand what dictatorship means otherwise you would not say the above Or you are confused and was really thinkning about
Obama who made up his
"own presidential seal"
Has his own logo that is on everything
speaks of world order
wants to put everyone on the government tit
and to control everything in this country
Set up his own private army much like the Hitler SS group.
He will probably have statues erected of him one day because of all the great things he has done in his own mind.

For some scholars define dictatorship is a form of government that has the power to govern without consent of those being governed, while others describes a state that regulates nearly every aspect of public and private behavior of the people.

Here are some dictators to help out:
Adolf Hitler -- Germany 1933 - 1945
Fidel Castro -- Cuba 1959 - 2008
Saddam Hussein -- Iraq 1979 - 2003
Pervez Musharraf -- Pakistan 1998-2008
Joseph Stalin -- USSR 1924 - 1953

Old 10-04-2008, 11:48 AM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
The older people are wiser and have the wisdom to see what this man is all about.

The younger kids have no common sense, love his handouts and just plain are to stupid as that age to know better.

The others are just stuck in the middle because I can not think of one reason to vote for Obama other then his empty promises that he cannot keep or his promises to give losers more handouts.

I cannot think of one good reason to vote for him, not one.

Even Gore, Kerry and Dukakis had more skills and knowledge then him.
WELL THEN DON'T VOTE FOR HIM. IT'S CALLED A DEMOCRACY (ALTHOUGH LOOSELY) FOR A REASON!!!!!!

My problem is you trying to shove down my throat a reason for voting for McCain and that dimwit soon to be President Palin. I can think of no reason for me to want more of what I have seen these last 8 years. So now that we agree that we can not think of a single reason to vote for the other one's choice, STHU. I fail to understand why people feel the need to convince others why they are wrong for wanting to vote the way they want to vote. I have never asked anyone to change their vote. Instead, I choose to voice why I feel the way I do about my candidate and their candidate but I have never gone on a litany like the pompous folks here to show why that person's idea is wrong and stupid and why their idea is superior. If you're such a genuis, please point us to the Nobel Prize and peer review studies you are leading on the economic and political issues facing our country.

Last edited by prim2007; 10-04-2008 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: attempt explain more

Old 10-04-2008, 12:03 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I think that you don't understand what dictatorship means otherwise you would not say the above Or you are confused and was really thinkning about
Obama who made up his
"own presidential seal"
Has his own logo that is on everything
speaks of world order
wants to put everyone on the government tit
and to control everything in this country
Set up his own private army much like the Hitler SS group.
He will probably have statues erected of him one day because of all the great things he has done in his own mind.

For some scholars define dictatorship is a form of government that has the power to govern without consent of those being governed, while others describes a state that regulates nearly every aspect of public and private behavior of the people.

Here are some dictators to help out:
Adolf Hitler -- Germany 1933 - 1945
Fidel Castro -- Cuba 1959 - 2008
Saddam Hussein -- Iraq 1979 - 2003
Pervez Musharraf -- Pakistan 1998-2008
Joseph Stalin -- USSR 1924 - 1953
There's NO comparison between Obama and the last 8 years of PROVEN dictatorship...Bushy even approved of a dictatorship by saying it was fine as long as it was he was the dictator. He and his administration have done more to form a dictatorship than creating a symbol. (oh,BTW, symbols don't scare ME, I'M not a Fascist).

An example:
Henry Paulsen, a BUSH appointee, wanted us to hand him 700 billion dollars with no oversight, no laws governing it's disposal, no transparency, no accountability(just like the money for Iraq)....he just wanted the money to do whatever he wanted....is THAT not a dictatorship?

Bush stated that the Constitution was just ""%$#@!*^@! piece of paper"...is that not a sign of a dictator?

I'm sure with more googling I can come up with many more examples but as far as "dictatorship goes....the bush administration wins hands down and McCain /Palin is a continuation of the same....notice how palin wanted the powers of the VP INCREASED!!!!!!!

Old 10-04-2008, 12:21 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,586,607 times
Watching this video of these old nincompoops I only had one thought running through my mind:

THANK GOD Hillary was not our nominee. THANK YOU sweet baby Jesus.

As a Democrat, I couldn't bear the thought of voting for her in Nov, considering many of her supporters are very much like the people in this video.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:25 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,152,933 times
The Constitution hasn’t meant very much to Bush and Cheney so he may as well have an unconstitutional 3rd term on the house.

The sad thing about Bush is that he still doesn’t have a clue why his free-wheeling global policing policies sent our economy down the tubes.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:32 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
There's NO comparison between Obama and the last 8 years of PROVEN dictatorship...Bushy even approved of a dictatorship by saying it was fine as long as it was he was the dictator. He and his administration have done more to form a dictatorship than creating a symbol. (oh,BTW, symbols don't scare ME, I'M not a Fascist).

An example:
Henry Paulsen, a BUSH appointee, wanted us to hand him 700 billion dollars with no oversight, no laws governing it's disposal, no transparency, no accountability(just like the money for Iraq)....he just wanted the money to do whatever he wanted....is THAT not a dictatorship?

Bush stated that the Constitution was just ""%$#@!*^@! piece of paper"...is that not a sign of a dictator?

I'm sure with more googling I can come up with many more examples but as far as "dictatorship goes....the bush administration wins hands down and McCain /Palin is a continuation of the same....notice how palin wanted the powers of the VP INCREASED!!!!!!!

The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness
Townhall.com - Printer Friendly (http://townhall.com/Common/PrintPage.aspx?g=5836d729-2e4f-4995-ab1a-67c781a735db&t=c - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections