U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 11:35 AM

3,856 posts, read 6,584,036 times
Surely the end is near.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 11:35 AM

11,206 posts, read 16,541,954 times
The domain name redirects to Google, if anyone cares.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:37 AM

8,575 posts, read 1,847,594 times
your dates don't match bubba. the whois registrant is a private company that registers domains. the registrant is not john mccain. it's like connecting two people because yahoo registered their domains for them. BS BS BS BS BS BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
- URL Registered within hours of McCain’s Decision to select Palin as running mate
- Redirect sends users specifically to a palin.htm file, but only on the FIRST redirect
- Whois Privacy Information Matches JohnMcCain.com Whois Privacy
- URL Held by same registrar
- Note that the .net and .org versions also redirect to the McCain Campaign Website.
Network Tools.com Trace Route:
- 64.203.107.149 (VoteForTheMILF.com)
- 64.203.107.149 (JohnMcCain.com)

Old 10-04-2008, 11:41 AM

1,086 posts, read 1,442,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
sorry, I already disproved this site with facts. mccain knew his running mate weeks before he announced her. he would have registered the site before august 29th. this is 100% BS.
Sorry, Mr Republican, where did you show us (links?) that McCain knew his running mate weeks before and that his cronies may not have registered this site for amusement and to attract "joe sixpack"

Old 10-04-2008, 11:43 AM

11,714 posts, read 5,690,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
The domain name redirects to Google, if anyone cares.
It was changed, of course .

If anyone cares.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:46 AM

8,575 posts, read 1,847,594 times
that's mr. conservative to you. I didn't know that I had to provide a link to suggest that mccain knew in advance who his running mate was. I figured that with simple logic, you could have figured that one out yourself. choosing a VP isn't an impulse choice. he announced on august 29th who his choice was, and the domain was registered on the 29th. sorry, but I'm right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
Sorry, Mr Republican, where did you show us (links?) that McCain knew his running mate weeks before and that his cronies may not have registered this site for amusement and to attract "joe sixpack"

Old 10-04-2008, 11:46 AM

11,714 posts, read 5,690,500 times
Quote:
What a bizarre (and tawdry) series-of-tubes headache for the McCain campaign.

How could it be that a Web site titled "VoteForTheMilf" redirects users to Republican nominee John McCain's official campaign Website? True stuff. Or at least it was until someone mysteriously un-directed the redirection.
As of just moments ago, anyone who typed "www.voteforthemilf.com" into his or her Web browser and hit enter was immediately redirected to McCain's site, www.johnmccain.com, where vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin greeted first-time users via video. (The .net and .org versions of voteforthemilf also redirected users to the mccain campaign site.)
The curious linkage was first discovered by GovGap. As you can see at Network Solutions, the "voteforthemilf" domain was created on Aug. 29, the same day that McCain announced Palin as his running mate.
McCain Campaign, Of MILF and Men - The Sleuth

Old 10-04-2008, 11:54 AM

23,042 posts, read 17,994,543 times
Quote:
this is total BS. the domain was registered on the exact day that palin was selected for VP. if mccain registered it, he would have registered the domain long before that date. so much for this thread.
He didn't make his mind up much before the announcement. I don't believe it is from McCain either.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:56 AM

3,761 posts, read 5,243,279 times
Quote:
that's mr. conservative to you. I didn't know that I had to provide a link to suggest that mccain knew in advance who his running mate was. I figured that with simple logic, you could have figured that one out yourself. choosing a VP isn't an impulse choice. he announced on august 29th who his choice was, and the domain was registered on the 29th. sorry, but I'm right.
My friend (now I am sounding like McCain), don't you know just how impulsive McCain is? It very well could have been an impulsive choice.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:56 AM

23,042 posts, read 17,994,543 times

YouTube - John McCain, Vote for the Milf (Sara Palin?)
video of the IP numbers for each site which are portrayed as being the same. You decide for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections