Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 02:33 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,043,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
These long-term relationships that Obama has - Wright, Pfleger, Meeks, Ayers, Rezko - all you bots can honestly say it doesn't bother you?

How can you think the people that have surrounded Obama for decades have not shaped and influenced his views?

These are all radical, racist, america/jew hating people. This is the kind of POTUS you want?
You forgot the Chicago connection of Obama to Al Capone. They both lived in Chicago for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 02:36 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,073 times
Quote:
These long-term relationships that Obama has - Wright, Pfleger, Meeks, Ayers, Rezko - all you bots can honestly say it doesn't bother you?

How can you think the people that have surrounded Obama for decades have not shaped and influenced his views?

These are all radical, racist, america/jew hating people. This is the kind of POTUS you want?
Since you are in Chicagoland why don't you log off your computer, run down to Circle, and protest the university for having a terrorist on the payroll. Or I guess you can just stay at home and cook up conspiracy theories to post online that no one will believe if you'd like.

Old 10-04-2008, 02:45 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Palin is to stupid to know that she doesn't know what the he11 she's saying. I bet her blackberry's battery is near dead with all the texts from the 'party'.

NO!! They are for clean coal!!

NO!! The Ayers connection had been debunked!! Obama was only 8 years old during the Weathermen bombing!!

Nooooooooo.................

Old 10-04-2008, 02:47 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What a joke she is.

Palin says Obama 'palling around' with terrorists - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081004/ap_on_el_pr/palin_obama_2;_ylt=Ar5ukrjY.COeRrU7SyRMS9DCw5R4 - broken link)
Wait, did she say he was "Palin" around with terrorists? Is her name now a verb like "slumming"?

Old 10-04-2008, 02:50 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,392,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
He's more than "palling around" with them. They're helping to fund his campaign a la Hamas!
Agreed. Those of us who live in Chicago know about all of his connections. His parents, by their own admissions, were left-wing radicals with connections to the Weathermen. Do a bit of research on Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn, check out what he (Ayers) said after our country was devastated on 9/11.
While you're at it, google Saul Alinsky, the guru of the left wing, Barack's good friend, Tony Rezko and his ties to his political godfather Khalid al-Mansour (the man that asked Percy Sutton to get him into Harvard).
Here's the Sutton video:

YouTube - Obama and Khalid Mansour
Then see if you can find an interview with anyone who knew Obama during his undergraduate years, other than the Pakistani roommate who would not allow an interview. (You know, the one with whom Obama spent an undisclosed time in Pakistan hence the uproar when the government reviewed his passport.) There is no one.
Before his church's website was sanitized, it made for some great reading about their support of Hamas. Then, there is the Lifetime Achievement Award that Trinty presented to Louis Farrakhan - not exactly an upstanding American citizen.
For a man with a very slim resume and limited political experience, it is way too easy to learn about his long list relationships with questionable individuals. (And I haven't even mentioned those who are also a part of the corrupt Chicago machine.) And the above are just those on record.
It is so distubing to me that a man who gives a good speech has captured the minds of seemingly intelligent people.
Do I think McCain is perfect, no, but I am voting for him because I cannot in good conscience support a man like Barack Hussein Obama. (Did you know, it's blasphemy to use his middle name??? Maybe he should have stuck with Barry.)

Last edited by Mamama Mia; 10-04-2008 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-04-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
You forgot the Chicago connection of Obama to Al Capone. They both lived in Chicago for years.
Mama Mia, a good Italian boy like Alfonse would not be caught dead with someone like Obama!!

Old 10-04-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
Since you are in Chicagoland why don't you log off your computer, run down to Circle, and protest the university for having a terrorist on the payroll. Or I guess you can just stay at home and cook up conspiracy theories to post online that no one will believe if you'd like.
Actually, there have been many protests regarding Ayers and the university has lost funds due to his association with the U of I. By the way, it's the University of Illinois at Chicago.
There's no need to cook up any theories about Obama, those who actually read and research a candidate before voting for him/her come across plenty of information that makes Obama someone I would never vote for.

Old 10-04-2008, 02:57 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times
Quote:

I love the defenders of Palin, coming out with crap like this when you can't run on issues. I hope Palin does more if this, she probably gets her info from people like this poster.
Ayers, again that stuff happened with him, back in the 60's. If he's still the same way, like some of of the Palin defenders try to imply, well, let's see....are the Mets World champions, since they won the World Series 40 years ago? Is Detroit a thriving city since it was.....40 years ago? Hhm......
Palin is an walking joke to the US already, can there be even a worse description for walking joke if America is actually dumb enough to vote for her?
Again, this is McCain's responsibility. Why the hell did he just tell the GOP, if he is such a maverick: Bleep you all. I'm choosing Liberman.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,773,126 times
I'm sorry but this just points out that the McCain campaign is desperate.

Very desperate.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
re palling around with terrorists ----- if you invade a country that has not harmed you kill its leader kill 250,000 people and run up a 8 trillion tab with your friends doing it, are you a terrorist? my pal, GOP/DOD. blackwater my kinda guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections